Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Most of the Curve groups i join are completely useless, get stuck at High Command or Hasabel every time, even had one that couldn't kill Eonar. But it's still probably the best chance to find a decent group, checking logs doesn't help much since someone tunneling boss/adds is gonna have a higher log than someone doing the important jobs that prevent a wipe yet the latter is the more valuable player. Low dps but does tactics > high dps but ignores/fails everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Staboteur View Post
    Most of the Curve groups i join are completely useless, get stuck at High Command or Hasabel every time, even had one that couldn't kill Eonar. But it's still probably the best chance to find a decent group, checking logs doesn't help much since someone tunneling boss/adds is gonna have a higher log than someone doing the important jobs that prevent a wipe yet the latter is the more valuable player. Low dps but does tactics > high dps but ignores/fails everything.
    I know that to good... i take care of the important stuff most of the time and focus more on the people around me and "scream" at them to play/stay right.
    And since most of our DDs never save small/big cds for adds or phases, guess who saves big cds for that after a few wipes.

Just download a faking addon. Very few people actually hit up the armory to verify, because that takes a lot of time to check each and every applicant. And if they do, who gives a shit, just move to the next group.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    As a mythic player, this game would be so much more fun if they got rid of combat log parsing.

- - - Updated - - -

As someone who likes to raid on his alt I love this guy....it lets my 925 warlock shine like a diamond when I out damage him while doing everything and not dying because #warlocksustain
    This is true, it helps for alts to shine when there are such horrible players. On the other hand though, no one would take 925s in an HC, and I am strictly speaking about the HC scene at the moment. Pugging is a shitfest at the moment even with curved players.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Then how did the elitist idiots with curve manage to escape the other elitist idiots with curve before they got curved?

- - - Updated - - -

Kudos to you. Harsh reality is that in most Pug groups poor sods doing mechanics and not topping the meters are often getting kicked at first wipe, while the tunnelers that stood in every fire except when he needed to move for a shared dmg ability will get to stay on.
    Yeah, i get that's why ppl become reluctant to accept responsibility in pugs, but this only happens when the leader is a moron tbh. For most leaders with a little sense, this will actually buy the people goodwill for being on/near bottom of the dps meters and is a good example of when knowing your shit will be more important than your item level or raw output.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    I doubt you got kicked just for that. I'd guess the lead cut the worst DPS after the fight and refilled in hopes of improving.
    i mean i was steady at 1.3 mil, 2nd or 3rd overall. i think it was pure nerd rage at wiping to a boss and he saw i made a rookie mistake. because ya know, i actually was a rookie to the fight.

i was wearing assassination leggo boots and CoF, making sure to use vendetta on cd alone will net me 1m dps
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2017-12-18 at 11:27 PM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

I haven't done this raid on heroic, and I don't think I'd have any problem getting in a group.

Meh, I remember paying something like 50k gold or so for AoTC in WoD, so I could continue to get into the same groups giving the same performance, and still downing the same final boss.

With that said, these days if a listing says to link AoTC or anything else, I'll pass until wow lets me link my bank account to show I could have any achievement if I so desired.

I put this as a requirement for H High Command the other day

"whisper me what goes on in pod #2 and pod #3, and which one you want to be in"

1-shot that sonabitch.

Curve means nothing! i was able to do argus hc week 1 by entering a pug that had ilvl and knowledge requirment only, i havent done any other boss on hc only on normal mode, does that mean im capable of hc raiding? doubt :P

Quote Originally Posted by nicbizz View Post
    I put this as a requirement for H High Command the other day

"whisper me what goes on in pod #2 and pod #3, and which one you want to be in"

1-shot that sonabitch.
    when i did undying pugs back in the day, i used to do the same. ask a specific encounter question worked like a charm

Meanwhile I haven't had a single AotC since Mogu'shan and don't plan on it in the future.

I swear the amount of stock people put into an achievement.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

You assume every single "Link curve" group is a curve-only group. That's wrong, most of them are fake for several reasons :
    - Leader isn't curved most of the time
    - Leader invite people linking fake achievements
    Every time i join a "curved group", the first thing i do is actually check everyone in the group. I don't mind the leader, but if too many people are uncurved, i won't give it a try unless i'm willing to spare some time for it.

For the "real" curve group, the success rate is pretty high. Much, much, much higher than random group with people claiming to be good, but "unlucky still not curved". I've been killing endbosses in pick-up group for several years now with my reroll, and I don't want to spend hours "progressing" every single week. Especially when i ALREADY spent hours tryharding it to get my own curve. I rarely wipe more than once every week on endboss once i'm curved, because i only go into curved groups.

So to all people saying that having curve or not doesn't mean shit, you are wrong. It does mean shit. There are always exceptions, and there will always be bad people curved (which is common) and good people without curve (which is much more rare).

Quote Originally Posted by Karader View Post
    You assume every single "Link curve" group is a curve-only group. That's wrong, most of them are fake for several reasons :
    - Leader isn't curved most of the time
    - Leader invite people linking fake achievements
    Every time i join a "curved group", the first thing i do is actually check everyone in the group. I don't mind the leader, but if too many people are uncurved, i won't give it a try unless i'm willing to spare some time for it.

For the "real" curve group, the success rate is pretty high. Much, much, much higher than random group with people claiming to be good, but "unlucky still not curved". I've been killing endbosses in pick-up group for several years now with my reroll, and I don't want to spend hours "progressing" every single week. Especially when i ALREADY spent hours tryharding it to get my own curve. I rarely wipe more than once every week on endboss once i'm curved, because i only go into curved groups.

So to all people saying that having curve or not doesn't mean shit, you are wrong. It does mean shit. There are always exceptions, and there will always be bad people curved (which is common) and good people without curve (which is much more rare).
    and thats the main problem of raiding overall

people want to progress 1 time and then go straight into lfr-easyness without a single wipe mode.

the hypocrisy, of from one side bashing lfr at every single occasion and from other wanting only no wipe fast clears in hc is beyond hillarious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and thats the main problem of raiding overall

people want to progress 1 time and then go straight into lfr-easyness without a single wipe mode.

the hypocrisy, of from one side bashing lfr at every single occasion and from other wanting only no wipe fast clears in hc is beyond hillarious.
    I don't mind a wipe, but you should know what to do. If you die to the laser on Kin'garoth, I will replace you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Curve means nothing! i was able to do argus hc week 1 by entering a pug that had ilvl and knowledge requirment only, i havent done any other boss on hc only on normal mode, does that mean im capable of hc raiding? doubt :P
    Argus was joke before boost.

There are many curve players who killed Argus once in first week and they cant re-kill this boss because its not little harder.

Most curbe groups are leader carry group where leader is the only one withut curve or he is inviting everyone who link achivement (enjoy fake curve).

Actually i dont understand how is it possible that i was in many curve groups (checked every single player) and we coudnt take down Argus (best try at 20%?). Pug is pure rng. There are always different people and most of them are 1 week killers/boost buyers.

I have killed Archimonde HC in second week with pugs, after like 3 horus wiping and replacing newbies. After that killing him became much much easier because i had curve. With Argus its the same. Once you get curve and join group where leader check wowprogress/armory for kill you got kill in 1-3 pulls.

Oh i can still remember group where we nearly killed Argus on first pull (1.7%) and after that we were wipping in p1/p2 xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Argus was joke before boost.

There are many curve players who killed Argus once in first week and they cant re-kill this boss because its not little harder.

Most curbe groups are leader carry group where leader is the only one withut curve or he is inviting everyone who link achivement (enjoy fake curve).

Actually i dont understand how is it possible that i was in many curve groups (checked every single player) and we coudnt take down Argus (best try at 20%?). Pug is pure rng. There are always different people and most of them are 1 week killers/boost buyers.

I have killed Archimonde HC in second week with pugs, after like 3 horus wiping and replacing newbies. After that killing him became much much easier because i had curve. With Argus its the same. Once you get curve and join group where leader check wowprogress/armory for kill you got kill in 1-3 pulls.

Oh i can still remember group where we nearly killed Argus on first pull (1.7%) and after that we were wipping in p1/p2 xD
    Sure they buffed Argus from first week but now people should have enough gear and experience in Antorus to compensate for that. Not that I noticed any real difference from week 1. If a pug can get to Argus and pass Coven + Aggramar then it shouldn't be a problem to down Argus.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I've seen many AOTC players having failed a lot more than expected on fights.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Karader View Post
    Indeed, I always do a quick MPH check after joining, especially as they ask for curve which I don't have yet (saving progression for guild fun) but get insta invite (based on ilvl prob). always a very tiny minority of 'curved' players in there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Yup. And don’t get me started on the people who join pugs and ask to do the cheese/burn strat. They are raid killers too.
    Aye absolutely. Not too surprisingly either it is always them that start to yell at everyone else if it doesn't work out......