Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do non-Americans actually visit places like New York or California and assume that the rest of the country is like that?

LOL

No wonder why you guys think the US is so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    USA is promising on the outside, completely flawed inside. Constant lying and abusing all over the place. With the election of Trump you lost my last respect. I will forever wonder how such a big and strong country can have no proper healthcare, parliamentary system, election, legislation and gun control. For some really weird reason you act completely irrational emotional when dealing with social aspects of politics. Within a split second everything is communism and not allowed in the "most free country of the world" (self proclaimed). Must be some kind of everlasting trauma.

Regarding the university thing, its just about prestige.

I would absolutely never set a foot in the country.
    So electing a criminal would not make you lose the last respect you had for US?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So honest question. It seems on this board that the general consensus for people from outside of the US that the US is a terrible country. If this is what the world truly thinks of the US then why do so many people from every country feel the need to migrate here or to come here for college?
    1. U.S. universities offer really good scholarships. So of course people will take them up on it.
    2. Migrate? Umm people would love to migrate to Canada, U.K, Australia etc too.

The US is a fantastic country that has a current trend of making terrible mistakes and doubling down on really poor decisions.

But I have very strong hopes for you. Lots of great people still, working on improving things. The current trend will pass, as everything does.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    America is like your drunk uncle who peaked in College. He's intelligent, educated, and could be on top again if he just knocked off all the stupid shit.
    I like this.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those people are usually european, who still have the idea that only their ideas represent civilization. So if your country don't share their worldview, than it sucks.

Its been like this since forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    So honest question. It seems on this board that the general consensus for people from outside of the US that the US is a terrible country. If this is what the world truly thinks of the US then why do so many people from every country feel the need to migrate here or to come here for college?
    To be honest, I can see and imagine it as a great country but I would wish that people would realize it isn't as great as they pose. They have wonderful towns and cities but there are things dragging it down, like their education. I was close to migrating there to work for IBM but was offered Scotland, which I accepted more eagerly. It isn't terrible but it isn't up in the highlight either. The wife and I do have a long row of things we one day wish to see there, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    America is like your drunk uncle who peaked in College. He's intelligent, educated, and could be on top again if he just knocked off all the stupid shit.
    This... This actually makes sense.. And made me chuckle...And a little sad, for I used to have an uncle like that. Hehe.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft View Post
    Isn't this comment itself, like treating the two as if they were sports teams?
    I never said that I wasn't a hypocrit at times.

But the problem stems from the fact that both sides are very hard lined on their populaces. Republicans are viewed as bible thumping, gun toting sociopaths. And Democrats are viewed as cry babies who have troubles coping with the reality that their likes on facebook don't contribute to anything meaningful in the real world.

But yes, it is a catch 22, until we can somehow get more political parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    So electing a criminal would not make you lose the last respect you had for US?
    And there we have it again, instead of questioning why you have a bad system that boils down to two political parties you defend yourself with just "but we have to vote either a criminal or a self centered retard". The whole election was a satire of real politics.

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    Those people are usually european, who still have the idea that only their ideas represent civilization. So if your country don't share their worldview, than it sucks.

Its been like this since forever.
    You are free to post contructive instead of just derailing valid criticism (not every post ofc).
    Last edited by Shanden; 2017-12-19 at 05:57 PM.

Compared to my country, the US is terrible in terms of healthcare, many laws, the wtfuckery that is Trump and how he even got into office...

I'm sure there are a lot of good people in the US, but the US as a system is...doing those good people a huge disservice...

Deleted
    I tend to see the US more as a continent of states, like Europe. I'm not sure if that's a positive or negative thing.

Fact that Trump became president says more about human nature than being American, it could happen over here aswell given enough time and populism.

I'm just a tad misanthropic.; humanity is full of potential but we're too immature a species.

I dont hate the US. Infact i love visiting the US, your universities are good, but the problem is that its for who ever can even get to them. Your community colleges are just garbage, which pretty much reflect the entire problem of the US and as someone in a country that has way better services and quality of life, make it impossible for me to want to move there permanently. The top end stuff of your country is some of the best, but your average stuff is embarrassing for a western country. Its literally like that for pretty much everything in your country somehow, Healthcare, schools, laws, hell cheese. Your country has some of the best cheese producers, but what most of the population eat from the groceries store are just bellow what they sell regularly here.

When you visit, go for study, you can experience the TOP of what the world as to offer, but when you live there, unless you are very rich, your experience is simply mediocrity. If you are used to it, its fine, i mean its not like the entire population of say Iran is trying to flee Iran? USA is in a much better spot then Iran, so even living in the average mediocrity of the US, there is no reason to leave if you are born there, unless you are lucky and somehow get accepted for a job in a northen country, you arent gona find something that much better to justify moving that far.

So in short for me the US is: The best top, with a mediocre average at anything.

Most of the reasons people shit on your country is due to healthcare and war. I cannot imagine how you guys get by. You clearly do, but I couldn't. I'd be fucking terrified of getting ill. What if i fall and break a leg? Do I just go into crippling debt now?

As for war, well war is too complicated to get into, but if you're a pleb that kneejerks on opinions, you hate war, so you hate America, period.

Your colleges are not related to that at all and practically everyone moves for college. Moving to a different country really is no different. Chances are you don't live within an hour or two of a good college, so you'll have to move across state, country or continent to get there.

As for why they migrate there full time, i'm not sure to be honest. If I was someone living in the 3rd world i'd go to the UK long before I went to the US.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post

You are free to post contructive instead of just derailing valid criticism (not every post ofc).
    Thats my honest opinion, sorry if it hurts you.

But all i see here from most europeans here (not all tho) is that if you don't share their laws and worldview about government, society and stuff, than your country needs to get with the times. Like if they were more evolved or something just because their think their way is the better.

History has shown us that this actually never changed.

We get the typical liberals (even those who live here) who like to hate on the USA. I will never understand the people who want universal healthcare or UBI. Fuck people who can't take care of themselves. If I did it, you can damn well do it too. If you can't, well die. It shouldn't be my problem to take care of.

USA is the best for many reasons:

1) Geography. You can live in a somewhat tropical climate, the desert, mountains, a village, a big city, anything.
    2) Food. Amazing chefs from all over the planet moved here. I can get food from just about any nation here, and its great.
    3) English Language. Yeah, yeah, We get English from England but America made English the huge deal it is. You have to speak English, I don't need to speak your language. All the best movies/games are made in English, business is conducted in English. Its the common language.
    4) Freedom. I can have guns and vehicles with big engines here. We don't have as many lame liberal rules as Europe does.
    5) We Matter. I cant believe what it must be like being from a small European country, knowing how little you impact the world. Knowing there are cities like London or New York (forget cities in Asia) that have more people than your whole nation does, that you have no military power and can't defend your selves.
    6) All The Things You Can Be. You can be whatever you set your sights on in this country... that is why so many people move here, don't try to deny it.

I mean I could do this list forever. People who hate America are far leftists who think we stole this land from Indians (like their ancestors didn't push anyone out, lol) and think we should have universal health care and no guns. The others are just haters.

We have a few issues, like certain groups who cause a lot of problems and whine that life is unfair to them all the time while causing tons of crime and destroying their own communities, but beyond that the liberals the USA is awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I was just answering the OP's question. It matters very little to me what Europeans think of my country, so attack away.
    Ah well I meant that if the USA carries on its currentv foreign policy don't surprised when you are subject to more terrorist style attacks.

Deleted
    There's 8 billion people in the world, what number is moving to America?

USA isn't a terrible country but it's far from amazing - You have a number of issues that I don't have here. The only real thing America has that the UK doesn't have is good weather and more hotties. As a agnostic disabled LGBT person I feel I would be hindering myself living there

Just like most things in life, it has some good things while also having some bad things.

Overall, I'd say it's still a pretty great country to live in.

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    TBut all i see here from most europeans here (not all tho) is that if you don't share their laws and worldview about government, society and stuff, than your country needs to get with the times.
    In all honesty, you think that your healthcare, legislation, voting system and gun controls are fine the way they are?

I'm not hurt at all because these problems are no deal here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    We get the typical liberals (even those who live here) who like to hate on the USA. I will never understand the people who want universal healthcare or UBI. Fuck people who can't take care of themselves. If I did it, you can damn well do it too. If you can't, well die. It shouldn't be my problem to take care of.

USA is the best for many reasons:

1) Geography. You can live in a somewhat tropical climate, the desert, mountains, a village, a big city, anything.
    2) Food. Amazing chefs from all over the planet moved here. I can get food from just about any nation here, and its great.
    3) English Language. Yeah, yeah, We get English from England but America made English the huge deal it is. You have to speak English, I don't need to speak your language. All the best movies/games are made in English, business is conducted in English. Its the common language.
    4) Freedom. I can have guns and vehicles with big engines here. We don't have as many lame liberal rules as Europe does.
    5) We Matter. I cant believe what it must be like being from a small European country, knowing how little you impact the world. Knowing there are cities like London or New York (forget cities in Asia) that have more people than your whole nation does, that you have no military power and can't defend your selves.
    6) All The Things You Can Be. You can be whatever you set your sights on in this country... that is why so many people move here, don't try to deny it.

I mean I could do this list forever. People who hate America are far leftists who think we stole this land from Indians (like their ancestors didn't push anyone out, lol) and think we should have universal health care and no guns. The others are just haters.

We have a few issues, like certain groups who cause a lot of problems and whine that life is unfair to them all the time while causing tons of crime and destroying their own communities, but beyond that the liberals the USA is awesome.
    This post is symbolic why I lost all hope for the country. How often have I read bullshit like this in other threads. Full of self centered delusional crap all over the place. Why bother if other citizens die as long as you can keep your gun and save a few dollars on taxes. The american dream.
    Last edited by Shanden; 2017-12-19 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Unless you get sick!
    That would indeed fall within it's flaws. In my opinion, it doesn't remove the "pretty great country to live in" due to that aspect.