Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Could they make a race with only one gender?

For racial purposes, for example Ogres, could they make Ogres a playable race, but you could only choose male as the gender option?

Reason being is there are no female ogres to be found in all of warcraft lore, so just wanted to get the opinion of you all as to if they made ogres playable, could they make them male only?

If they were to make a race with only one gender, it would have to be either female or genderless. If they were to make a male-only race, SJWs would create a shitstorm.

Top tier bait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Let me correct myself, they are not to be found anywhere in World of warcraft, or any warcraft game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    Top tier bait.
    What a surprise for jaycock. Now his other account bulb will add "well, jay, I do think that this will be a horrible idea, because random stupid bullshit. But random other bullshit."

So, blood elves

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dudedduu View Post
    If they were to make a race with only one gender, it would have to be either female or genderless. If they were to make a male-only race, SJWs would create a shitstorm.
    Why genderless? You are aware that fx snails have both mail and female genitalia, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    To answer your question, I wouldn't care if they added ogres with only male, in this example, we can't exactly miss what we never had. Ethereals don't seem to be distinct between male/female so that's another race that could work. But if they added a whole new race then perhaps I'd consider it a little lazy, I nearly always play males though.
    With the new etheral models there are definitely more feminine looking ones compared to the more masculine and "buff" etheral models, so one could rightly presume that they would have the female / male gender option. But for ogres, there have been no signs in any game that there are females, other than maybe a Halloween mask? I'm not even sure if that mask still exists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    What a surprise for jaycock. Now his other account bulb will add "well, jay, I do think that this will be a horrible idea, because random stupid bullshit. But random other bullshit."
    You sure seem to be angry about a discussion topic on a game forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    So, blood elves
    Exactly. Already in game!

RPG not canon.

10+ Year Old Account
    like dwarfs?

10+ Year Old Account
    If he doesn't get banned for this massive bait, then i lost faith in the mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by dudedduu View Post
    What does that even mean? There is no male and female if the race has only one gender.
    You make no sense.

Maybe Ethereals? Murlocs? There are plenty of androgynous or gender neutral beings that could be playable.

If anything, all existing races should have 3 genders: male, female and ''other''.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    If he doesn't get banned for this massive bait, then i lost faith in the mods.
    reported him, yet again, but whatever

7+ Year Old Account
    Harpies in Warcraft lore are only female. So if they ever decide to add them as a race(which I find HIGHLY unlikely), a one gender race can work in that case.

7+ Year Old Account
    Murlocs are pretty neutral.
    So blizz, please, a murloc warrior tank.
    Or a murloc in bear form.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

10/10 bait, I'll see you guys when this is 25 pages.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    RPG not canon.
    There's female Ogre masks in-game.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ogre_Female_Mask