Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I think that people know very well what they want when it comes to WoW Vanilla.

The following are one-month-old stats from a new Vanilla progressive-type server that started from patch 1.2 "Mysteries of Maraudon".

In the space of just one month we got 250,000 players. So yeah, I'd say people know what they want and love it.

In the meantime, the folks at Blizzard are fap... errr sleeping and losing money every hour. The clock is ticking, Blizzard.
    Yep, everyone can make such statistics, never believe people that have a interest in such numbers.

Calling the Fake News, would be funny to see the real numbers like 10k Accounts registered lol.

5000 People Peak lmfao.. please.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2017-12-20 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    Yep, everyone can make such statistics, never believe people that have a interest in such numbers.

Calling the Fake News, would be funny to see the real numbers like 10k Accounts registered lol.

5000 People Peak lmfao.. please.
    "hurrrr FAKE NEWS! XD"

Back to T_D with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GGrim View Post
    Leveing to max (lvl60) back in Vanilla took approximately 2 months of active play.
    This isn't a problem... Leveling is content, treat it as such.

Quests did not have any kind of indications on map, minimap, sidebar, whatsoever. You actually had to read the log so you could find out where you have to go, and what you have to do. And even after doing so, you would find out the text is full with riddles and references. Some of these were actually quite hard for me since English is not my mother language.
    1. addons

2. play the game in your language... Was your language not available or something?

You get your first mount at level 40, at which point you don't really have the gold to afford it.
    I don't know a single person who had this problem.

Those mounts had 40% speed.
    60%

After you hit 60 you had to farm for days so you could afford the 100% mount.
    unless you mean days played, not actual days, this is wrong... it took a while.

The maximum amount of travel speed you could obtain was 120% through trinket and enchant which would increase your grount mount speed additionally
    Not a problem, the world was designed so that this was a non-issue.

And last but not least, there were no flying mounts.
    Good.

There were no group finders.
    Good, LFD actively encourage anti-social behavior and almost single highhandedly killed server communities.

Then you find out your group consists of a bunch of undergeared people since you wipe 10 times at the 1st boss in BRD.
    Your own fault for not inspecting them.

Spell-rank sifting. Spell-ranks were not united as they are now. In order to effectively use your mana pool you had to put a few ranks from the majority of your spells on your bars and actively decide which one you need at any given moment.
    Good, mana management was a skill, proper execution separated good healers from bad.

Raid preparation included more consumables other than your regular flask, food and pot.
    Until AQ almost every raid group didn't even bother with flasks, because they didn't last through death... So, no, it was less.

There were stuff like mana runes,
    You mean Demonic Runes, those things that dropped from high level demons? I don't know anyone who actually farmed for those.

weapon oils, weapon grinders
    Didn't those conflict with enchants? I remember those conflicting with enchants.

There were no food tables or flask cauldrons.
    Ok? This wasn't a problem in TBC or for most of Wrath either, the feasts and cauldrons were not necessary..

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    In the space of one month 150,000 accounts were made, and 843 reached max level.

Think about that.

845/150,000 = 0.6% of accounts got a character to max level after 1 month, with each account having an average of 16 hours played.
    Considering it takes like 400-500 hours played to get to 60, this few people hitting lvl 60 in the first month is really not surprising in the least. It took me 499 hours to hit 60 on Nost and I knew what I was doing, never ran out of quests, never had to grind mobs. If I did that in 1 month, I would have had to spend over 16 hours a day every day playing WoW.

So yeah, only 0.6% hitting 60 in the first month sounds about right, I'm actually surprised it's not lower.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-12-21 at 05:17 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post

845/150,000 = 0.6% of accounts got a character to max level after 1 month, with each account having an average of 16 hours played.

An those 0.6% think Blizzard is making WoW Classic specially for them ? I guess they think they are very special. Very specially retarded

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    An those 0.6% think Blizzard is making WoW Classic specially for them ? I guess they think they are very special. Very specially retarded
    After one month... That tells everything! Majority of people, espacially back then, took way more than 1 month to get to 60.
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

I will say that people that asked for Vanilla BEFORE the announcement know exactly what they are asking for, a lot of them are currently playing on a private server.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    2. play the game in your language... Was your language not available or something?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the game only available in English, Spanish, German, Russian, French and perhaps few other huge langauges? EU alone has 24 official languages, and WoW is definitely not available in my language.

Okay, I checked: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and a couple of asian languages I can't read.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.

Nah. I just like to demand stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GGrim View Post
    That's what you think now, but when you are only lvl 30 after 1 week of playing, having to read quest logs for hours straight and walk everywhere on foot?

I really don't know...
    This may surprise you, but not everybody likes the same thing.

Some like older and more difficult game mechanics / systems.

As opposed to "hey stupid, go here. hey stupid, boss is about to do an AOE in exactly the size of this circle 10 seconds from now. hey stupid, we are going to limit your abilities since niche abilities are too complicated for you."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post

As opposed to "hey stupid, go here. hey stupid, boss is about to do an AOE in exactly the size of this circle 10 seconds from now. hey stupid, we are going to limit your abilities since niche abilities are too complicated for you."
    Again, I really don't know....

The word you used is exacty what's making me so sceptical: "some". Yes, some people like Vanilla but I am afraid the majority will not be able to cope with it, and we will play on empty servers with shit economics and very few people to do anything with, again.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post

You do realize that Vanilla raid boss or dungeon boss were far easier than today?

Yes, leveling was harder, but mostly because of shitty balance and talent trees, and I would not mind if in Bfa, mobs had more hps or dmg, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    250,000 characters.....
    That's not even close to 250,000 players, let alone how many of those are bot accounts. (Many of which are, private servers are notorious for bots to the point where servers shut down due to economies collapsing from botters.)

That's kind of the problem with these self serving statistical graphics from illegal private servers: their numbers cannot even be referenced, verified or held to any sort of relevance.

edit: I ran the numbers, the gold looted vs. the characters created pitched it being about 40s a character on average. So yeah, bots.
    Please stop trolling this sub-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    You do realize that Vanilla raid boss or dungeon boss were far easier than today?

Yes, leveling was harder, but mostly because of shitty balance and talent trees, and I would not mind if in Bfa, mobs had more hps or dmg, but still...
    Nope, the entire game was harder. It was also way harder to raid or PvP successfully.

Numbers show this very clearly.

Numbers? Source?

Back up your claims a little.

And it was harder because you had to find 40 ppl to join the raid, and that is about it. And for the rest, it was more tedious than hard.

Bosses? Maybe. Dungeons? No way. Dungeons in vanilla actually required cc and coordination and would usually take 45 minutes or longer.

I guarantee that they have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    Bosses? Maybe. Dungeons? No way. Dungeons in vanilla actually required cc and coordination and would usually take 45 minutes or longer.
    So mm+15 do not require coordination or CC? No need to talk with you then.

7+ Year Old Account

It was harder in different ways. Legion may have mechanics, but vanilla things just hit very hard. Not to mention you had that thing called mana that still was an issue and threat.

And because of threat, if you drew aggro it could be a death for you rather quickly. Back in vanilla not every class had 2-3 get out of jail free cards.

Vanilla was crap, i played it, but it wasn't crap because of what the TE pointed out, except point 4 (and i would like to see a group finder in classic, since it's ONLY an UI-Element) i love all the things he mentioned. But as a healer vanilla was CRAP.

Still i want to mention point 6: Raids for example took a lot of mats, but CRAFTERS WERE VERY APPRECIATED. That's something todays raid misses: meaningful raid buffs from all professions. In Vanilla professions were needed, nowadays they are only a moneysink with any real usefulness.

For example: fire resistance gear. Or Onyxia's Cloak! That's something we need more of it, not less.

I hope that this might come back even in retail: professions should be necessary, not optional.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2017-12-22 at 01:49 PM.

The game has been out for 13 years and had millions of people play it. Why would anyone expect 100% consciousness on anything in part to a classic server? A large amount of the player base now did not even play during Vanilla. I have a guy that started playing in Cata and never touched the game before then. Some its Wrath.