Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Mostly Outland Dragonmaw can do this.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dragonmaw_clan

"The Dragonmaw in Outland have seemingly learned how to transform some clan members into drakonids. The Dragonmaw Ascendants that roam Netherwing Ledge started out as mere peons,[79] while Zuluhed himself can transform into a drakonid using his "Nether Infusion" ability."
    thats fucked up, but you see, those are outland dragonmawn, who use nether dragon powers, zuluhed is even green and the others are most likely fel orcs, they are not the Azeroth gray dragonmawn

But actually this seems pretty interesting, they could be like Worgens, orc in normal form, drakonid in Fight form, the dragon heritage will give to then new racials and they would have a lot of new features, yeah, thats pretty good, better than dumb people who ask about maghar.

- - - Updated - - -

Moknathal 4 lyfe

no hybrids, never, Ogres>moknothal

These should be barbershop options.

I hate the way this Allied Race thing is playing out. Everyone wanted more customization options and they made it into this weird and wildly uneven 'feature'.

_IMO_

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    These should be barbershop options.

I hate the way this Allied Race thing is playing out. Everyone wanted more customization options and they made it into this weird and wildly uneven 'feature'.

_IMO_
    I don't think any of them can stand on their own as full blown races, with nightborne and zandalari being the closest, and others not being much of a change at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    Dragonmaw clan is absolutely the same as any other clan that turned Green......
    Nothing they can't retcon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    retcon is not something to encourage when blizzard is doing a poor job on lore.

All the orccolors should be a option in the character creation, unless something mad then different, like he other allied races, the idea of dragon magic is the way to go

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Well, good news that they don't need to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

no hybrids, never, Ogres>moknothal

Moknathal is a legit race by itself; there is a whole village of them. No other hybrid races have so. They also have a 'native' name; Moknathal. No other hybrid races have so. One of their own is already a champion of the Horde, played a vital if note the key role in the finding of both Orgrimmar and Thunder Bluff, saved a racial leader. killed a nation leader, saved a future city leader, represented a hearthstone class and is in another game franchise, became a order hall follower, appear during the prestige ceremnoy to honor the player and is a fan favourite. No other hybrid races have so.
    Last edited by Hyde; 2017-12-22 at 06:24 PM.

I want 2 dwarf allied races and ditto for Orc. Fight me.
    And i want all of them to be customization options for orcs/dwarves instead of new races that end up limiting our choices.

I want allied races to be truly new races, with whatever condition they want to include to make them special.
    I want sub-races to actually be just that: one more slider when you create or visit a barbershop with a character from the original race. It's fine if you need to unlock them with quests to give a background, it's not fine to treat them as a different race.

I really don't see any benefit for us as players or even for the game in the long term to have 3 different dwarf races, 3 different orc races, 3 different troll races... etc.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    easily added and yet here we are with Dark Iron Dwarves, Lightforged Draeneis and Voild Elves. It's like the Dev can just add stuff to them, i know, weird right?

- - - Updated - - -

If you have a shaman, you would know that the Wildhammer are scattered now and their homeland was destroyed by the Legion. Their story would be easily about how we help them to find a home or to unite them once again/
    Wasn't their original home actually in Grim Batol? Not like where they were when joining the Alliance, but when the dwarven civil war originally happened; the Wildhammers Ironforge or Shadowforge equivalent. I think it would be a pretty neat idea to have their story be about the Alliance helping them to reestablish that city, I'm pretty sure Kudran and Skyree are still alive as well and could be the players plot device to follow during the whole ordeal. (I will always consider Kudran/Skyree the same entity. If one dies so does the other in my mind lol)

7+ Year Old Account
    Moknathal is a legit race by itself; there is a whole village of them. No other hybrid races have so. They also have a 'native' name; Moknathal. No other hybrid races have so. One of their own is already a champion of the Horde, played a vital if note the key role in the finding of both Orgrimmar and Thunder Bluff, saved a racial leader. killed a nation leader, saved a future city leader, represented a hearthstone class and is in another game franchise, became a order hall follower, appear during the prestige ceremnoy to honor the player and is a fan favourite. No other hybrid races have so.
    its not a legit race, they hybrids don't make a entire new race, there is not a "whole" village full of then, there is a very small vilage with some hybrids, the clan is amde orcs, ogres and the half-breeds. The name mok'nothal is not the name of the race, its not a native name, its name of the clan.

The clan is already horde ince TBC, Leoroxx and not Rexxar is the moknathal chieftain.

Even if Rexxar is a moknothal he bring and lead the ogres of azeroth.

Thre are very, very few half-breeds, they are pretty much in the same boat as HE, not enough number to make then playable, since the Allied races are boost to fith gains the other faction, they are just be useless

beyond this, they are just big yellow orcs, if we gonna have big yellow orcs, bring the ogres already, is more interesting with more features apart from big and yellow.

And again hybrids is a disease in RPGs, i don't wanna read every day topic asking for Half-elves

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    its not a legit race, they hybrids don't make a entire new race, there is not a "whole" village full of then, there is a very small vilage with some hybrids, the clan is amde orcs, ogres and the half-breeds. The name mok'nothal is not the name of the race, its not a native name, its name of the clan.

The clan is already horde ince TBC, Leoroxx and not Rexxar is the moknathal chieftain.

Thre are very, very few half-breeds, they are pretty much in the same boat as HE, not enough number to make then playable, since the Allied races are boost to fith gains the other faction, they are just be useless

beyond this, they are just big yellow orcs, if we gonna have big yellow orcs, bring the ogres already, is more interesting with more features apart from big and yellow.

And again hybrids is a disease in RPGs, i don't wanna read every day topic asking for Half-elves
    I'm cool with Ogres added and Rexxar being their racial leader. Isn't he already technically the chieftan of one or more Ogre clans anyway? The player could canonically relinquish their title as chieftan of the Dunemaul (At least I think it was dunemaul) over to Rexxar as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    How about 4 Elves?
    Ghost Night Elves for the Alliance (The legion faction that noone likes)
    Undead Elves (Darkfallen) for the Horde

As the Legion falls, many new forces are "un-employed" so now the Fel Blood Elves and Fel Nightborne found a new home in the Horde.

High Elves society have merged between the Void Elves and Humans, so now HE are way too little, but now the Alliance have many Void Elves and Half-elves, they also found a cure for those forgotten by Silvermoon with the power of the void (the Wretched) and now have joined the Alliance.

Oks.... I'm out of Elf races :P

You claim is not a legit race. If it's not a legit race, Blizzard would not made a legit name of it.

And unlike Half Elves who either follows the cultures of humans' or elves', Moknathal has an own culture and is distinguishable from both Orcs' and Ogres'. Literally everythinhg you post is just you being angry of what's already canon and wants your own head canon to be made canon.

I'd find mag'har orcs to be more interesting than dragonmaw, personally.

You won't here any arguments from me about Wildhammer dwarves, but honestly I think there are probably more interesting options out there yet still, and instead give Ironforge dwarves tattoo options. How about the frost dwarves from Northrend? Or maybe the Grimtotem tauren that formed an alliance with the Alliance once? There are some interesting choices out there; Wildhammer are the obvious choice but the only difference they really have from regular dwarves is tattoos, so why not just add tattoos as a customization?

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post

I want allied races to be truly new races.
    Sorry to bum you out but the upcoming 6 new races are not actually new races

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Ghost Night Elves for the Alliance (The legion faction that noone likes)
    Undead Elves (Darkfallen) for the Horde

As the Legion falls, many new forces are "un-employed" so now the Fel Blood Elves and Fel Nightborne found a new home in the Horde.

High Elves society have merged between the Void Elves and Humans, so now HE are way too little, but now the Alliance have many Void Elves and Half-elves, they also found a cure for those forgotten by Silvermoon with the power of the void (the Wretched) and now have joined the Alliance.

Oks.... I'm out of Elf races :P
    lol, no.

The two elven races we have are enough, and transparent night elves is a massive 'hell no' for an allied race. Darkfallen is a pretty ludicrous concept for Horde anyways; just because Sylvanas is an undead elf doesn't mean they are looking to recruit the lich king's old rejects.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I'd find mag'har orcs to be more interesting than dragonmaw, personally.

You won't here any arguments from me about Wildhammer dwarves, but honestly I think there are probably more interesting options out there yet still, and instead give Ironforge dwarves tattoo options. How about the frost dwarves from Northrend? Or maybe the Grimtotem tauren that formed an alliance with the Alliance once? There are some interesting choices out there; Wildhammer are the obvious choice but the only difference they really have from regular dwarves is tattoos, so why not just add tattoos as a customization?
    Because Bronzebeard Dwarves, which is the ones we are playing currently have separate culture and body size compared to the Wildhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    And i want all of them to be customization options for orcs/dwarves instead of new races that end up limiting our choices.

I want allied races to be truly new races, with whatever condition they want to include to make them special.
    I want sub-races to actually be just that: one more slider when you create or visit a barbershop with a character from the original race. It's fine if you need to unlock them with quests to give a background, it's not fine to treat them as a different race.

I really don't see any benefit for us as players or even for the game in the long term to have 3 different dwarf races, 3 different orc races, 3 different troll races... etc.
    These aren't really 'subraces', subraces were just a concept drawn up by fans. Allied races takes the idea of 'subraces' and turns it into a more sophisticated concept. These races are actually unique in concept and design, and differentiated from anything they take inspiration from.

I'm sorry that you don't see the benefit of allied races, but I certainly see them. They look interesting and I'm looking forward to creating these characters. They aren't meant to appeal to everyone, so if they don't to you then I'm sorry to hear it.

The entire point of allied races is so that Blizzard can add multiple new races instead of just one or two. The only way this is feasible is if they are taking advantage of existing models and/or animations, so if you were expecting 6 brand new races built from the ground up, then you are going to be disappointed by default.

Dragon maw would be a great redemption after the whole garrosh thing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    These aren't really 'subraces', subraces were just a concept drawn up by fans. Allied races takes the idea of 'subraces' and turns it into a more sophisticated concept. These races are actually unique in concept and design, and differentiated from anything they take inspiration from.

I'm sorry that you don't see the benefit of allied races, but I certainly see them. They look interesting and I'm looking forward to creating these characters. They aren't meant to appeal to everyone, so if they don't to you then I'm sorry to hear it.

The entire point of allied races is so that Blizzard can add multiple new races instead of just one or two. The only way this is feasible is if they are taking advantage of existing models and/or animations, so if you were expecting 6 brand new races built from the ground up, then you are going to be disappointed by default.
    Yea I don't understand when people suggest like ogres for an allied race. That's not an allied race that's a whole new race.

Makes me face palm sometimes
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Because Bronzebeard Dwarves, which is the ones we are playing currently have separate culture and body size compared to the Wildhammer.
    Really? They seem to be using the same models to me, unless I've missed it. Or are you suggesting they change it to fit the lore?

I'm certainly not against Wildhammer at any rate, I love dwarven races.

7+ Year Old Account
    You claim is not a legit race. If it's not a legit race, Blizzard would not made a legit name of it.
    Blizzard did not made that, mok'nathal is not a race name, is a clan name

And unlike Half Elves who either follows the cultures of humans' or elves', Moknathal has an own culture and is distinguishable from both Orcs' and Ogres'. Literally everythinhg you post is just you being angry of what's already canon and wants your own head canon to be made canon.
    The mok'nathal (or Mok'Nathal and Mok'Nathal clan) is a clan originally from the planet Draenor
    Leoroxx, Rexxar's father, states that "being born a half-breed does not make you Mok'Nathal", implying that being Mok'Nathal is not a racial designation, but rather a philosophy. It may also be related to the fact that not all mok'nathal are half-ogres.
    Clan, not race

The clan consists of mostly half-ogres / half-orcs, but apparently has members of other races as well.
    clan have ogres, orcs and the hallfbreeds

The clan is nearly defunct, and apparently Rexxar was one of the only remaining left on Azeroth. They have a last remaining spot in Outland — in Mok'Nathal Village in the eastern area of the Blade's Edge Mountains.
    Very small clan, with a few people

The mok'nathal half-ogres were depicted as very tall orcs back in the The Burning Crusade expansion
    no characteristics different from orcs, jut size and color

And in no place they said they have distinguishable culture from orcs and ogres, ogres maybe( but even their name is about an ogre war god), but they are much alike any orc clan in Draenor

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Mok%27nathal

Sorry is not headcanoon