Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

Mythic raiding guild that uses dkp? Anyone?

I want to attend raids to kill bosses and dont shoot me for saying this but i would really like my fair share of epics aswell .

Bit tired of freind council now.

P.s before people go off on one... your in a council or a councils pet, i already know so shut ya face greedy :P

Any eu please im game for transfer, 964 resto druid available tue, wed,thu,sat

Deleted
    I'm in a mythic guild that still uses DKP it's a Swedish one though.

They do exist.

Deleted
    ahhh, might be a silly question but do you speak english in raids? dont ask you dont know for sure what is guild name and server?

master looting out matching tier sets/BiS items are the best bet, as someone hoarding DKP and then dumping it doesn't actually benefit anyone

looking at gear as means to an end vs an actual reward is the better way of looking at

Quote Originally Posted by Valrok View Post
    master looting out matching tier sets/BiS items are the best bet, as someone hoarding DKP and then dumping it doesn't actually benefit anyone

looking at gear as means to an end vs an actual reward is the better way of looking at
    Its a game. People sometimes get a bit too caught up in this idea of trying to integrate altruism into things like mmo's. There's nothing wrong with someone wanting more control over loot due to the fact that many if not most raid leaders who have control over loot will favor people in their clique or they've known a long time.

Loot council is 100% the best way to progress through raids. If you have a corrupt loot council then find a new guild. If you want to do progression and do it to the best of a raids ability having intelligent decisions in loot distribution is leaps and bounds ahead of "fair share of epics". The simplest example of this is typically DPS are the best classes to improve, so tier gear goes to DPS first. Then tanks, then healers. With a dkp system your healers and tanks could end up getting tier first, causing a potentially significant slow down in progression.

Quote Originally Posted by odamienski View Post
    I want to attend raids to kill bosses and dont shoot me for saying this but i would really like my fair share of epics aswell .

P.s before people go off on one... your in a council or a councils pet, i already know so shut ya face greedy :P

Your bad experience with a shitty guild does not mean LC is bad. It's actually the best loot method for guilds interested in progression.

So your basically asking for an oxymoron. Mythic guilds that want to progress are not going to use shitty and antiquated loot systems like DKP.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valrok View Post

my mistake, its actually epgp i am looking for, with a decay, so you cant hoard dkp or epgp, as each week your points get nerfed.

Even distribution....

Fair distribution....

Of course loot council and there pets will argue against this as they are getting more than there fair share, they cant understand why the guy that attends just as much but gets ignored is complaining, then they cant understand why there guild turnover is so high while the core hasnt changed......lol

Why shouldnt the guy that attends every raid on time but doesnt really know anyone get there fair share?

I totally get why sub 500 world rank guilds would use loot council, but im not looking for a sub 500 world rank guild, im looking for steady progress fair guild.

- - - Updated - - -

I totally agree, it is the best loot distribution method for a progression guild, but problem is officers and there pets more often than not get more than there fair share while the guy that isnt in the click but attends just as much and tries just as hard gets overlooked.

My last guild posted a loot distribution table for prior to when i arrived, it showes some people with 10 items others with 1. and while i was in attendance for the 2 weeks it was the same names that had loads of items previously that were still getting the items, biased favouritism based on opinions.

I am not trying to get in a sub 500 world guild where it actually matters where items go.

15+ Year Old Account
    Best is to just use personal loot, can always trade pieces you get anyway. Master Looter is only useful at the beginning where everything is an upgrade for basically anyone.

Deleted
    i agree with this method too, puts the power between players to decide what is best for them, not a grp of freinds that has there favourites.

As someone who is incredibly geared, i would pass 9/10 items to other people, i actually take pleasure in being able to do this, an upgrade more often than not will make someones day.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Its a game. People sometimes get a bit too caught up in this idea of trying to integrate altruism into things like mmo's. There's nothing wrong with someone wanting more control over loot due to the fact that many if not most raid leaders who have control over loot will favor people in their clique or they've known a long time.
    Unless you're top 100 and pushing fast as you can for firsts its not really an issue. DKP can/will work its self out in the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Best is to just use personal loot, can always trade pieces you get anyway. Master Looter is only useful at the beginning where everything is an upgrade for basically anyone.
    Yeah we use personal loot and we seem to get a ton of WF/TF items in the process. All 5 of my tier items are double WF or TF. Was that way last tier as well. Guessing its a perk of using it? Even most of my non tier has upgraded I-levels to them as well. Only issue is relics since nobody wants to trade those because they want to check them out in the netherlight forge to see if ends up being better than what they have due to RNG lol.

As someone who is incredibly geared
    sounds like you're getting your fair shair of loot

your fair share equates to exatly what the team needs to go forward.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadSwordz View Post
    sounds like you're getting your fair shair of loot
    all my items come from m+ and pugs.

I havent received an item from a guild for.... idk 6 months?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nextt03 View Post
    Loot council is 100% the best way to progress through raids. If you have a corrupt loot council then find a new guild. If you want to do progression and do it to the best of a raids ability having intelligent decisions in loot distribution is leaps and bounds ahead of "fair share of epics". The simplest example of this is typically DPS are the best classes to improve, so tier gear goes to DPS first. Then tanks, then healers. With a dkp system your healers and tanks could end up getting tier first, causing a potentially significant slow down in progression.
    At top level when every little dps counts, and when progress is measured in weeks sure.And even then, guilds are doing splits to ensure healers are well geared from heroic, this isn't dota where you are progressing the last mythic boss with your healers having brown boots.

When you're past world 50, honestly that dogma applies negatively to guilds progressing, where you should keep on eye on who is likely to stay in the guild/be an asset and not on the OP example above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    your fair share equates to exatly what the team needs to go forward.
    the team being your mates and your clique right?

I pass on 9/10 items due to being incredibly geared already due to farming m+

is 1 item every 2/3 weeks or somewhere along those lines really too much to ask? that is what i would consider a fair share, doesnt even have to be that much of an upgrade, just something! anything! +5 ilvl boots! anything! just stop gearing your goddamn mates only, you know, include me in the "team" that is moving forward too

the team being your mates and your clique right?

I pass on 9/10 items due to being incredibly geared already due to farming m+

is 1 item every 2/3 weeks or somewhere along those lines really too much to ask? that is what i would consider a fair share, doesnt even have to be that much of an upgrade, just something! anything! +5 ilvl boots! anything! just stop gearing your goddamn mates only, you know, include me in the "team" that is moving forward too
    From your tone I can tell your sole concern out of raiding is getting loot. Then progression raiding is really not for you. Tons of guilds use the Loot Council system just fine.

If you think there is a clique going down with your guild why not talk to them and set the matter straight instead of coming here and cry about the loot system?
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    From your tone I can tell your sole concern out of raiding is getting loot. Then progression raiding is really not for you. Tons of guilds use the Loot Council system just fine.

If you think there is a clique going down with your guild why not talk to them and set the matter straight instead of coming here and cry about the loot system?
    That is where your wrong, my concern is about getting my fair share as i originally wrote

I left my guild as of course the people in power arent going to admit there is something wrong with 1 person getting 10 items and others getting 1, its for "the greater good" yeah ok

Just to clarify, i am not asking anyone to change there loot system, the title reads "mythic raiding guild that uses dkp? anyone?

I am looking for a raid guild where i will be happy, where i will get a fair share

Your problem with this is what?

That is where your wrong, my concern is about getting my fair share as i originally wrote

I left my guild as of course the people in power arent going to admit there is something wrong with 1 person getting 10 items and others getting 1, its for "the greater good" yeah ok

Just to clarify, i am not asking anyone to change there loot system, the title reads "mythic raiding guild that uses dkp? anyone?

I am looking for a raid guild where i will be happy, where i will get a fair share

Your problem with this is what?
    You're posting in the wrong forum then, try the Guild Recruitment forum.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has voting rights in his council, I still feel with OP.

I do believe we do a better job distributing loot for easier progression with it. But it is a lot of discussion and work involved. And regardless of how fair you think you are, there will always be drama. People get tangled up and in their PoV that they truly are the one person that has gone without loot for the longest, and it might feel that way but a proper council does have loot history lists so that often isn’t the case. But it sure might feel like it when you don’t have all the data and considerations yourself.

Soo it is a lot of hassle and drama and I’m not really sure it’s worth it. If you want to reward effort, use EPGP. Too bad it requires some basic understanding of how division works or else it just confuses people and they think it’s rigged :P but oh boy do I miss it. No bidding, fair distribution and the loot handling goes fast!