Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Erm, wasn't it supossed to be the desert?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
    The thing is that 'advantages' only matter in the competitive mythic+ screen, which is practised by a incredible minority of players. This change affects everyone, which is why I object to it. It only matters for the esport and the few thousand people pushing keys above 20-25, so it could have easily been limited to just the esport, same way the gearing and affix combos were.

Mythic+ is PvE not PvP, so 99.9% of the time what one team does doesn't matter to other teams.
    It doesn't only matter in the competitive m+ screen, without this limitation every single class/spec which does not have a combat ress is at a disadvantage to those who do, and are less likely to be invited to a m+ group. Even running mostly with my own guild it kind of sucks any time we bring someone with subpar utility.

As it is combat ress is getting special treatment from other forms of utility, an alternative "solution" would be to remove diminishing returns and allow you to stack bloodlusts as well, allowing you to stack any and all utility the same way you can currently stack CR.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    It doesn't only matter in the competitive m+ screen, without this limitation every single class/spec which does not have a combat ress is at a disadvantage to those who do, and are less likely to be invited to a m+ group. Even running mostly with my own guild it kind of sucks any time we bring someone with subpar utility.
    That sounds like a pug problem, which isn't my concern or care, and if its a guild problem and your being denied spots in a run based on your class, then you need a better guild.

The battle res change is purely to address issues in competitive mythic+, which is why it annoys me because the change is going to affect everyone.

CR is not a comparable advantage to others though, it's by far the strongest utility there is for M+ and is the main reason resto druids and blood dk's are so sought after. This change brings CR in line with all the other utility, since you can't stack them well either. Having several classes with bloodlust doesn't result in more bloodlusts, having several stuns doesn't necessarily allow you to stun any more than before due to diminishing return.

It's a necessary change to allow more classes to be even considered to be brought along for their utility. Face it, a team with 3+ combat resses have a much better chance of success than a team with only one or even none, it's way too powerful not to be treated with the same restriction as bloodlust.
    Well said. I completely agree, and beyond saying just that, I really don't have anything further to add. Frankly, I just don't think anyone could adequately dispute the point that you've made here.
    The thing is that 'advantages' only matter in the competitive mythic+ screen, which is practised by a incredible minority of players. This change affects everyone, which is why I object to it. It only matters for the esport and the few thousand people pushing keys above 20-25, so it could have easily been limited to just the esport, same way the gearing and affix combos were.

Mythic+ is PvE not PvP, so 99.9% of the time what one team does doesn't matter to other teams.
    While I agree, and understand that sometimes changes need to be made and strictly limited to the competitive esport side of things, on this point in particular I have to disagree. Indeed, players could debate until they are blue in the face about whether particular aspects of class mechanics, and class balance even matter in terms of PvE game play. This has been a hotly contested topic since World of Warcraft's inception.

In this particular case with CR, I absolutely do think this change is needed. I think you are grossly underestimating the consequences that CR has made within the majority player base. I'm not terribly up to speed on the meta, but it's plain to see that Druids and DKs are utterly dominating the scene. It's quite staggering to see how badly represented some classes are, and how abundantly represented other classes are. These are simply not issues that are limited to the competitive scenes, these kinds of balance issues have a great effect on even the casual players that enjoy pushing M+ and other difficult kinds of content whenever they can.

I'm quite certain that many examples of this could be referenced to, and demonstrated in a number of different ways. At the moment, I'm not the best person to try and do that. Nevertheless, I do understand what you're saying with regards to the difference between competitive play and casual play. However, I just think you are downplaying the significance of more casual play, because the way you play, and with whom you play, these kinds of balance issues may not play any role in the outcome of your gaming experience. Anyway, to wrap up this post I just want to say that even though you may not see a particular thing as an issue, it doesn't make the said issue untrue. It's easy to find yourself in a bubble, where you simply find yourself incapable of seeing things in a perspective different than your own. Something to think about perhaps.

Cheers,

Deleted
    That sounds like a pug problem, which isn't my concern or care, and if its a guild problem and your being denied spots in a run based on your class, then you need a better guild.

The battle res change is purely to address issues in competitive mythic+, which is why it annoys me because the change is going to affect everyone.
    I do believe that a large percentage of all m+ runs consists of at least one pugged member, at least half, probably more, so perhaps you should at least try to care rather than blaming e-sport.

I'm the one forming the runs in our guild and we try to bring anyone who wants to come along, that doesn't change the fact that anyone without combat ress is subpar to someone with it because of the way it stacks.

Anyway I'm done repeating myself to you over and over, if you don't get it now you never will.

Deleted
    I've noticed that many high M+ pugs wanted a resto druid because of their mobilty and the battle res. It's the only healer who can bring one. A battle res can be the game changer in whether a run is in time or not or the group gets that extra chest for loot. If the tank dies and he can't be br'ed instantly, it's a wipe that costs precious time. A group with an extra battle res definitely had an advantage and not only in e sport, even the tattiest pug groups wanted to stack as many brs as possible. Druid healers will still be brought anyway, because they are strong with most affixes. But they won't get a secure spot because of the br anymore, which is actually a good thing.

I do believe that a large percentage of all m+ runs consists of at least one pugged member, at least half, probably more, so perhaps you should at least try to care rather than blaming e-sport.

I'm the one forming the runs in our guild and we try to bring anyone who wants to come along, that doesn't change the fact that anyone without combat ress is subpar to someone with it because of the way it stacks.

Anyway I'm done repeating myself to you over and over, if you don't get it now you never will.
    I always find it disappointing to see how little some players care about their other fellow players, and the overall health of the Warcraft community. Every player is important to the health and future of World of Warcraft. Being an individual who thinks for themselves and has an opinion is great. Being an individual who thinks for themselves and has an opinion, while being outwardly negative to others, and towards those who do not share their opinion, is certainly anything but great.

I believe that basically anyone can play at a high level. I have seen so many other players go from being horribly bad, to shockingly good. I'm always happy to hear that other players are interested in giving everyone a chance, even if they are new and don't play well. Each of us has to start somewhere. It's so very rewarding to help someone reach that next level of play, and it encourages them to do the same for another player when they obtain the knowledge and ability to do so. I love it, you sound like someone I know in my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunahh View Post
    I've noticed that many high M+ pugs wanted a resto druid because of their mobilty and the battle res. It's the only healer who can bring one. A battle res can be the game changer in whether a run is in time or not or the group gets that extra chest for loot. If the tank dies and he can't be br'ed instantly, it's a wipe that costs precious time. A group with an extra battle res definitely had an advantage and not only in e sport, even the tattiest pug groups wanted to stack as many brs as possible. Druid healers will still be brought anyway, because they are strong with most affixes. But they won't get a secure spot because of the br anymore, which is actually a good thing.
    Absolutely, this is a perfect example of what I was alluding to in my previous post. Thanks for sharing!

Any screenshots of the Alliance gunship? I don't find any, and I want to know who's the leader there.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakara View Post
    It's strange to see ogre assets from Draenor being used on Azeroth. We've never been led to believe that ogres brought their architecture style with them.
    i rewatch all the pic, and they arent the same as dreanor. tale a closer look

Look, a brand mew model for the ship!!! Oh wait, is the wotlk one...

The cosplayers are from the top 10 countries in the world and yet they cannot speak English. Literally unplayable. I mean the video and I'm half-joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenx View Post
    Those screenshots give me MoP vibes.

My thoughts exactly, looks like the Pandaria starting area.

That island just off the coast of Silithus seems to have come straight out of Pandaria. Weird as heck.

Edit: Seems I wasn't the first to have noticed that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    No, it does not.

It looks more similar to the Goblin tropical isles.
    That's because it literally is.

The terrain for Seething Shore is directly lifted from the Lost Isles - specifically the mouth of the river on the west side of the island. I remember looking this up when the initial maps were datamined a few weeks ago.

Last edited by EbonBehelit; 2017-12-23 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Adding BG map image

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    it looks cool. but i ecepted that'll look the same desert like silithus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    god this expansion looks so boring´
    its domination point - pandaria and the other place all over again
    It's not next expansion. It's a battleground.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay I'm against the changes to mythic+ battle res
    I think it's a good change. Teams with lots of rez have such an advantage right now. I'll feel a bit better as a monk tank now

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    It's not next expansion. It's a battleground.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's a good change. Teams with lots of rez have such an advantage right now. I'll feel a bit better as a monk tank now
    Again with the 'advantage', the majority of people doing mythic+ are not doing it in a competitive sense apart from attempting to beat their previous best. Advantage only matters in competition, which is the people pushing keys 20+ or the esport, both an incredibly tiny percentage of the player base.

Again I don't think it's going to 'destroy' mythic+ like some people rant about, but I do think its a bad design decision because it's fixing a problem that only exists in certain situations.

Again with the 'advantage', the majority of people doing mythic+ are not doing it in a competitive sense apart from attempting to beat their previous best. Advantage only matters in competition, which is the people pushing keys 20+ or the esport, both an incredibly tiny percentage of the player base.

Again I don't think it's going to 'destroy' mythic+ like some people rant about, but I do think its a bad design decision because it's fixing a problem that only exists in certain situations.
    Repeating your previous short statements without providing adequate examples or substance to why you think this, does not make it true. Provide the necessary dialogue to refute the previous responses if you want people to listen to you. Or don't and tell us how you don't care about the community, and explain why you are even posting in this thread?

You offered no rebuttal to the following response:

CR is not a comparable advantage to others though, it's by far the strongest utility there is for M+ and is the main reason resto druids and blood dk's are so sought after. This change brings CR in line with all the other utility, since you can't stack them well either. Having several classes with bloodlust doesn't result in more bloodlusts, having several stuns doesn't necessarily allow you to stun any more than before due to diminishing return.

It's a necessary change to allow more classes to be even considered to be brought along for their utility. Face it, a team with 3+ combat resses have a much better chance of success than a team with only one or even none, it's way too powerful not to be treated with the same restriction as bloodlust.
    Last edited by Renuts; 2017-12-23 at 03:40 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renuts View Post
    Repeating your previous short statements without providing adequate examples or substance to why you think this, does not make it true. Provide the necessary dialogue to refute the previous responses if you want people to listen to you. Or don't and tell us how you don't care about the community, and explain why you are even posting in this thread?

You offered no rebuttal to the following response:
    Because there is no response needed, your comparing apples to oranges. Sated was added because of degenerate game play (stacking shamans and everyone picking up leatherworking for the drums...), the res timer was added to raids because of degenerate game play. Adding it to mythic+ is about the esport, not the average mythic+ player.

How about you explain how what one team of mythic+ players, outside of the tiny minority who are into competing for spots at the top of the leaderboard (go your hardest, not my thing, but if you enjoy it, all the better) or the esport, does effects any other team? Why does it matter at all if one team rolls with five battle reses, and another rolls without any, what does it matter to you? This isn't PvP where you are fighting another group, there is no direct competition, no gain. Why should one tool kit be nerfed when it isn't a problem except in very specific circumstances.

Go on, please explain to me why this change is needed for the majority of players without using the word competition or pug.

Because there is no response needed, your comparing apples to oranges. Sated was added because of degenerate game play (stacking shamans and everyone picking up leatherworking for the drums...), the res timer was added to raids because of degenerate game play. Adding it to mythic+ is about the esport, not the average mythic+ player.

How about you explain how what one team of mythic+ players, outside of the tiny minority who are into competing for spots at the top of the leaderboard (go your hardest, not my thing, but if you enjoy it, all the better) or the esport, does effects any other team? Why does it matter at all if one team rolls with five battle reses, and another rolls without any, what does it matter to you? This isn't PvP where you are fighting another group, there is no direct competition, no gain. Why should one tool kit be nerfed when it isn't a problem except in very specific circumstances.

Go on, please explain to me why this change is needed for the majority of players without using the word competition or pug.
    Your behavior in this thread is the adult equivalent to sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "LALALALALALALALALALA!" Again, if you're going to refuse to address the many responses that the majority of those in this thread have directed towards you, then I see no point to continue to repeat the things myself, and everybody else have already been saying.

If you can't look at the many responses and paragraphs in this thread, that are each filled with legitimate points being made, without completely ignoring them by saying "apples and oranges", then why should anyone else further engage in this futile conversation with you? Literally anything that I say to respond to this, you will follow up to it by completely ignoring it, just like you have for every other post myself and others have made, and you'll end up saying "Oh sorry you see.... it's simply just apples and oranges! LALALALALALALALALLAALA!"

Seriously, you are asking me to write a response to a new post when you couldn't even be bothered to refute my previous posts? Can you see how insane that would be for me to try and do? Look, I'm honestly not trying to be mean, I'm not trying to tell you that you shouldn't have an opinion. I'm not calling you stupid, or saying that you don't matter, or anything else like that. I'm honestly trying to show you how absurd you are behaving in this thread, with the hope that you might be able to see how it makes everything you post utterly worthless. I'm not trying to offend you, I'm trying to show you that you aren't offering anyone anything of value in any of your posts. You make short statements claiming that you are right, and when people respond to it, you ignore them, and blindly refuse to accept that you are failing to convince anyone of the things you are trying to say.

I should have taken this to heart sooner. How someone could truly believe that Combat Rez as an ability isn't comparable to Bloodlust, and other powerful abilities is a concept that I find absurdly ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Because Class Balance is important on the Live servers.

I guess I just couldn't help myself.