Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Vuln is still a shit mechanic. If you want to attack anything, you still need to spend 2 GCDs before doing any damage, and movement can in some cases make those 2 GCDs totally wasted.

Hunters have always been about gameplay that has a smooth flow, currently only BM achieves this because it has no buffs/debuffs that it needs to track and play around.

Arms Warrior Colossus Smash is much better design than MM Vuln.
    This. Having the rotation controlling you is not a good gameplay mechanic. And then there's patient sniper...

If they removed Vulnerable and replaced marked shot with something similar to Chimera shot, that would help alot imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    That's even better then, constant aspect of the pack up while cheetah is on cooldown.
    I assume it will be identical to the windwalker monk current one and not stack.

I'm curious what they'll do to Survival. I know they said no classes/specs will be getting any "major" changes, but they did mention changes to Survival.

Its obvious the majority do not like Survival. Every tier Survival has been the lowest on total parse uploads (Not DPS parses, total upload in parses) By a significant margin of other specs. Some people enjoy Survival obviously, but is it really worth keeping it around for the few who like it compared to the many who don't?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am hoping for a pet revamp. Many are just 'skins' with little to no use, and only certain pets get used. Give all pets abilities again or a talent tree we can use to customize them.

Next, make BM feel like an actual Hunter Shooting instead of waving our arms and screaming all the time. We need some shots and skills to use. Either thru talents or adding in to give some flavor and depth.
    Survival needs some attention very badly. Putting the 'red head step child' of it aside, it's messy rotation to use and lack of proper melee survival tools is very noticeable. It needs some adjustments to hold up with the other melee specs if it wants to see any more action.
    RNG MM with Vulnerable drives me nuts and I hate that play style. Since ranged survival won't come back, make it so MM can play the 'Elemental Archer' role as MM. Either thru talent choices, or a switch in play mechanics.
    Have this be MM using a Pet and then have the Lone Wolf play be with no pet with specialized shots like aimed shot.

Would BM feel better if kill command became an execute with the same functionality of kill shot in prior years and the current kill command was replaced by something the hunter did so not everything was from the pet? Either chimera shot or explosive shot could work, or some new shot. So rotationally you would still have dire frenzy for pet interaction, new shot in place of kill command for your contribution to damage, cobra shot for extra focus, and kill command added to execute phase. Could also maybe allow for BM hunters to be useful in PvP since the hunter would need LoS again.

Deleted
    Bring back glaive toss

Quote Originally Posted by ozusteapot View Post
    I'm really curious when we'll get to see how BfA's hunters will look like. Hopefully soon, and most importantly, hopefully with more reverted pruning.
    What is the point of this thread? I'd assume the answer would be almost 100% of hunter players.
    Ask "anyone else curious about 8.0 [class]" on their respective class forums and you'd probably get the same response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get how people think MM and vulnerability are annoying. I haven't played MM since wotlk and came back this expansion and it's fun as hell. It's such an easy spec to comprehend and if you can't play it, chances are you have slow reactions, click/keyboard turn or you're just a bad player. Either way that's not justification for changing a class just because YOU can't play it. Stop being selfish and learn to play your class before demanding changes. I'm sick and tired of bad players dictating how classes should be shaped when they can't play the class to begin with. To all those who continue to spew the non sense "Well I don't want to have to track vulnerability", YOU DON'T! If you cast windburst, you have time to cast 2 arcane shots before casting 2 aimed shots with the remaining vulnerability. If you used marked shot at ~50% focus, then you have time to cast 1 arcane shot and then 2 aimed shots in the remaining vulnerability window. THERE IS NO TRACKING VULNERABILITY! I know based off of what I cast that I'll have X amount of time for X amount of aimed shots. I wouldn't claim to know MM in and out, but if you can't comprehend that playstyle, then stfu about class changes.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxique View Post

If they removed Vulnerable and replaced marked shot with something similar to Chimera shot, that would help alot imo.
    Would need to add or change something. Because that by itself sounds boring, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Wowhead posted baseline changes,

Tranq shot is back bois, fucking missed that ability.
    It will be interesting how us that play survival will get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    It will be interesting how us that play survival will get it.
    You won't, or they will have to make a separate version.

Further proof that Survival being melee is a mistake. The baseline Hunrer identity is ranged. This will always be a point of contention.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    I recommend learning how to play MM, because that is not how you treat vulnerable. It is basically non-existent, you follow your rotation, which happens to apply it. There is no timing, you just do the rotation, you don't watch it.

So many people complain about MM, but then their complaints don't actually exist when you play the spec correctly.
    I dunno man, I stopped playing MM because of the vulnerable change. I remember icy-veins and forums at the time emphasising "spam aimed shot in the vulnerable window" and the play-style was totally dick compared to no-cobras pre 7.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    I remember icy-veins and forums at the time emphasising "spam aimed shot in the vulnerable window"
    I can't speak for EN sidewinders times, but in ToV/NH when trickshot became the build, that was not the case at all. Might be time to re-read the icy veins guide.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    You won't, or they will have to make a separate version.

Further proof that Survival being melee is a mistake. The baseline Hunrer identity is ranged. This will always be a point of contention.
    Mistake or not it made me take up my hunter again I enjoy it hope it stays melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

7+ Year Old Account
    What do you want more buttons for? I've literally ran out of space on my hotbars.
    I like that we're getting back Tranq Shot. But for MM atleast, our toolkit is pretty solid.

We have group slows, 2 if you spec into it.
    ST slows.
    CC/ 2 if you spec into it.
    Plenty of decent defensives.

Please tell me what more you want?

nope i am not curious about, Legion is my exit

I don’t mind the current mm spec too much right now. My only complaint is the rng aspect of it, going through dry periods with no marked target debuffs sucks. I am on the fense with lock and load. I do like the rng aspect of it to a degree but part of me would prefer an on use button for it really not sure on that one. Also switching targets can suck.

Finally, and this is probably just me but I would like to have at least one dot to manage on a shaorter cool down that would pro clock and load kind of like black arrow used to do.

What they should have done with MM hunters

Aimed shot useable while moving
    Arcane shot is now an instant cast focus dump (marked shot still RNG proc) marked shot and windburst no longer apply vulnerable

Focusing shot 2.5 sec cast time cannot use while moving, restores 45 focus and deals moderate damage (70% arcane shot damage, and arcane shot should do 60% aimed shot damage)
    Multi shot costs focus (same amount as arcane shot) to cast and deals 50% arcane shot damage(3+ targets makes multi shot better unless hunters mark procs then 2+ targets for marked shot)
    marked shot is now free to cast as casting arcane shot and multi shot cost focus

With this just removing windburst with BfA will make the spec function perfectly fine, has the feel of being stationary to "line up the shot" but the primary damage is no longer a rooted turret

This spec would play very similarly to how 4.0 cata played before you got AotF, which was planning your focus Regen for when. You had to move instead of having to plan your damage for when you have to move (which is legion horrible design that turned hunters into turrets, crazy cat lady, and the wanna be Rambo)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valrysha View Post
    What do you want more buttons for? I've literally ran out of space on my hotbars.
    I like that we're getting back Tranq Shot. But for MM atleast, our toolkit is pretty solid.

We have group slows, 2 if you spec into it.
    ST slows.
    CC/ 2 if you spec into it.
    Plenty of decent defensives.

Please tell me what more you want?
    Plenty of decent defenses ???

Turtle, and what? Are you talking pvp UTILITY and CC as defenses? Because in a raid we are the Squishies dps

Do you think Blizzard will ever revert the Survival changes? I feel like Survival being melee was somewhat of a failure since I have NEVER seen a Survival hunter, I know they are out there but I have personally never seen one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alfavhunter View Post
    What they should have done with MM hunters

Aimed shot useable while moving
    Arcane shot is now an instant cast focus dump (marked shot still RNG proc) marked shot and windburst no longer apply vulnerable

Focusing shot 2.5 sec cast time cannot use while moving, restores 45 focus and deals moderate damage (70% arcane shot damage, and arcane shot should do 60% aimed shot damage)
    Multi shot costs focus (same amount as arcane shot) to cast and deals 50% arcane shot damage(3+ targets makes multi shot better unless hunters mark procs then 2+ targets for marked shot)
    marked shot is now free to cast as casting arcane shot and multi shot cost focus

With this just removing windburst with BfA will make the spec function perfectly fine, has the feel of being stationary to "line up the shot" but the primary damage is no longer a rooted turret

This spec would play very similarly to how 4.0 cata played before you got AotF, which was planning your focus Regen for when. You had to move instead of having to plan your damage for when you have to move (which is legion horrible design that turned hunters into turrets, crazy cat lady, and the wanna be Rambo)

- - - Updated - - -

Plenty of decent defenses ???

Turtle, and what? Are you talking pvp UTILITY and CC as defenses? Because in a raid we are the Squishies dps
    Turtle is extremely good and we have Exhileration aswell which is incredibly useful.