Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Wasn’t there an artefact Power item that said something about it being dedicated to Elune?

I think they still worship her just not as much as the Kaldorei, she’s kind of a side bitch they pay homage to on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but there isn't any religious areas in Suramar is there? That is a huge city, and there is more than enough room to fit in a church or a temple if they wanted to, but they didn't. So I guess they are inspired by their newfound Blood Elven allies.
    Maybe because there is the most gigantic Temple in the world dedicated to Elune right next to the city ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but there isn't any religious areas in Suramar is there? That is a huge city, and there is more than enough room to fit in a church or a temple if they wanted to, but they didn't. So I guess they are inspired by their newfound Blood Elven allies.
    In the city itself, no, but pre-sundering Suramar was more or less the center of Elune worship. Maybe Elune worship ramps up after the opening of the city and the expulsion of the Legion. It's just speculation at this point, but I don't think that their priests are just pick-ups by the Blood elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remaining members of the Moon Guard joined the Nightborne. So it's plausible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Perhaps the stars, or their own version of Elune. That would actually be interesting to see Tyrande’s preisthood of Elune clash with a new preisthood of Elune.
    Pretty much this. I think Star Augur Etraeus encounter somehow gived us a look on Nightborne society beliefes, so they might worship Elune in diffrent way than night elves. As a star or something.

Deleted
    Nothing, the Nightborne forsook Elune, they realistically should have nothing to worship. It is just a class option that Blizz gave 'em without any real lore backing (like goblin shamans)

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronan View Post
    So basically Orthodoxism vs. Catholicism. One pushing for a humble lifestyle where sins are absolved through prayer and fasting, and one that sees nothing wrong in a lavish lifestyle, where sins are absolved through payment of money to the church. Catholics being the Nightborne.
    I think that could be interesting, conflict of ideas isn’t aomething we see often in WoW, usually it’s just “die for being different”

The only other times I can remember this conflicting religion etc was when Tyrande told Velen to fuck off for suggesting Elune was a Narru
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-12-24 at 04:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Players no, devs yes. Stop pretending anyone has wanted this. Do undead players like you want to be Orcs?
    Remember that one guy that called you a "traitor" because you were disgusted with the state of the Night Elves and wanted to switch to Nightborne?

I never called anyone a traitor. What are you on about?
    Ok, lets try this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Remember that one guy that called you a "traitor" because you were disgusted with the state of the Night Elves and wanted to switch to Nightborne?

my bad, still don't remember that person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    So you are a nightborne/horde fan out of a sudden now
    .......another deserter, another traitor.......no fucking honor
    He could very well be a troll, but from his posts he looks more like a human/alliance fanboy.

10+ Year Old Account
    my bad, still don't remember that person.
    You are a traitor because you refuse to like the idea of night elves submitting to human masters
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

There's a Moonwell in Suramar.

Also the Temple to Elune is right next to Suramar City so there's clear history there.

No reason they wouldn't go back to Elune now the shield is down, it's part of their culture.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-12-24 at 06:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well considering the only non-trashed Temple of Elune would be in Suramar, that probably will be the case. But don't worry, the night elves will discover the glory of the LIGHT from their human allies and then the Alliance can be one giant circle jerk of Light loons
    I highly doubt Elune would give the Nightborne any power only for them to turn around and go to war with the her chosen High Priestess and her people, Elune would snatch that power right back from them as soon as that war started - the Nightborne have to be getting their power from somewhere else.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-12-24 at 06:07 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I highly doubt Elune would give the Nightborne any power only for them to turn around and go to war with the Night Elves and her chosen High Priestess, Elune would snatch that power right back from them as soon as that war started - the Nightborne have to be getting their power from somewhere else.
    I mean you say that but Elune is part of Tauren religion as well. So you're wrong.

Says who? Maybe Elune thinks Tyrande is an idiot and needs to teach her a lesson. Maybe instead of learning that lesson she will 'embrace the Light' like a good little Alliance vassal and then Night Elves will get paladins.
    Like downfall of Arthas, only lame and with terrible voiceacting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I mean you say that but Elune is part of Tauren religion as well. So you're wrong.
    They view An'she (the sun), and Mu'sha (the moon) as the eyes of the Earth Mother, they do not worship Elune... They revere the moon as a piece of the Earth mother, not as it's own entity, but Elune is not actually the moon, the Night Elves just associate her with it.

So, no, they worship the Earth Mother, not Elune. So, you are the one that is wrong here.

- - - Updated - - -

Says who? Maybe Elune thinks Tyrande is an idiot and needs to teach her a lesson.
    Then she would just take Tyrande's power away.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    She let Teldrassil burn.
    You say that as if Elune is an all powerful entity and could have just stopped it on a whim, she isn't.

By that same logic she also "let" Ysera die, if she was all powerful she would have just annihilated Xavius as soon as he set foot outside of the nightmare, and Ysera would still be flying around Azeroth.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-12-24 at 06:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I highly doubt Elune would give the Nightborne any power only for them to turn around and go to war with the her chosen High Priestess and her people, Elune would snatch that power right back from them as soon as that war started - the Nightborne have to be getting their power from somewhere else.
    A angry blood elf woman used the power of Elune to kill night elves who killed her brother, so

/shrug.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I said Tyrande let it burn, not Elune.
    Tyrande isn't fucking all powerful either

Quote Originally Posted by Elune-life-nature View Post
    Where? The only moonwell in that zone is the one that the Night Elves from Val'sharah built.
    Yes exactly, Nightborne are naturally free to go there now. It's not particularly far away.