Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    is the WoW team truly lacking or is it just that Jeff and the Overwatch team are just outstanding examples in terms of community engagement?

In my experience most games out there don't have WoW's level of engagement, and no one anywhere does what the OW team does when it come explaining in game changes, responding to fan criticism, or general communication.

LOL if you play overwatch in diamond plus and arent a sadistic asshole who 1 tricks garbage heroes, the ow devs give 0 shits about you, just from my experience they soley cater to casuals and people in low low ranks, i know thats 90% of the playerbase but atleast wow devs still let you mythic raid and give you challenging content, and reward you for playing at a high level, in ow you get punished for playing alot(hiddedn mmr locks you in at higher levels means ur stuck in ur elo) and for trying to play competetively( you get random throwers 3/4 games and blizz refuses to ban them)

Heh, when Jeff was in WoW team he's kinda removed from forums by the company due to his behaviour. He used to flame people quite badly, he's mostly known for his toxicity and not his "vision of raiding" from BC panel.

He's kinda more restrained now, he sometimes does what he used to do in the past, but it's normally followed by "sorry, it's unprofessional of me to judge you, blah blah blah".

People celebrated his departure from WoW team the same way people celebrated departure of Celestalon.

I prefer to have devs that speak when they have something to say than devs-shitposters.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-12-25 at 10:21 AM.

WoW dev team is a joke, yes. Doing less and less year over year yet pretending that everything is fine and charging the same or more. That's today's WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    is the WoW team truly lacking or is it just that Jeff and the Overwatch team are just outstanding examples in terms of community engagement?
    The former.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post

Just now Jeff Kaplan is doing a 5 hour Yule Log stream where he just sits there and says nothing. 40k people watch this. He does this as a joke for the community.
    He does that so overwatch during the day ppl spend most money on gifts is listed very high on twitch to promote the sales.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    With the amount of terribly designed characters Overwatch have they truly are the worst team Blizzard has.
    But still Overwatch became the most profitable game for Blizzard, than HOTS, WoW, SC and Diablo all together. This is sadly true fact.

Deleted
    Actually, no.

The overwatch team is a team with no standards that get children and parents gambling, popularizing a despicable practice that will eventually lead to regulation.
    I would never support their game.

The wow team at least aren't trying to exploit the most vulnerable.
    Just for that, they are a lot better.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a joke right?

It must be... nobody is actually this f**king stupid.

Blizzard already said that they were going to be taking time off for the holidays and wouldn't be active on their social networks. Did you miss that?

If you disagree with that, that's understandable (I don't sympathize, but I do understand), but at the very least they warned in advance so this shouldn't come as a shock to you or anything.

Let alone that Legion is basically over and the only upcoming content is the post-Antorus content in 7.3.5 -- which does look cool -- and the upcoming Battle for Azeroth content, which may come sooner than anyone may have originally suspected, what with all the emphasis on putting Lightforged Draenei, Void Elves, nightborne, and Highmountain Tauren and their relevant quest chains entirely into the game for that patch.

"WoW Dev team is a joke..."

Good thing it's only a game!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    snip
    Point 1. The WoW team is in pre-beta crunch, nobody on the team has the time to do "5 hour Yule Log stream where he just sits there and says nothing". And even if some of the leads might, it would be absolute demoralizing shit to the rank and file who are probably pushing 12+ days and working weekends, or worse.

Point 2. WoW and OW are at completely different stages of the product cycle. OW is still growing. WoW has been a mature product for a long, long, LONG time. I'd argue, for 6-7 years now. So for OW they'll do more community stuff and free shit, for WoW they have promotions that will let them cash in, see how lots of cosmetics are at a 50% discount now? They're also doing some community giveaways, there's one ON THIS VERY SITE right now, have you noticed?

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Heh, when Jeff was in WoW team he's kinda removed from forums by the company due to his behaviour. He used to flame people quite badly, he's mostly known for his toxicity and not his "vision of raiding" from BC panel.

He's kinda more restrained now, he sometimes does what he used to do in the past, but it's normally followed by "sorry, it's unprofessional of me to judge you, blah blah blah".

People celebrated his departure from WoW team the same way people celebrated departure of Celestalon.

I prefer to have devs that speak when they have something to say than devs-shitposters.
    I never really watched the kind of stuff he posted, but I do know that anything that was ever posted by most CMs and devs gets trolled all to hell and is always taken out of context.

While it may be unprofessional, it's understandable why they might react that way. I still remember Tseric exploding on the community after so much abuse.

If anything I'm impressed by the negativity in this thread; yeah, WoW isn't great but it feels like people are only looking for things to complain about. Legion isn't that bad compared to WoD or Cataclysm, and many consider it better than MoP as well (I do not, but I am biased).

I am not as heavily into Overwatch as I am WoW -- and that's saying a lot given that I haven't played WoW too seriously in years -- so I can't comment on whether or not Overwatch is being handled appropriately, but I haven't had too many cases playing the game where I had a genuinely bad time. Sure, not every hero is balanced but enough are viable that the game can be fully enjoyed. But hey, that's just my experience; I am not a super competitive player in the game or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    But still Overwatch became the most profitable game for Blizzard, than HOTS, WoW, SC and Diablo all together. This is sadly true fact.
    If you add lootboxes to WoW, it would also become just as profitable overnight.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Actually, no.

The overwatch team is a team with no standards that get children and parents gambling, popularizing a despicable practice that will eventually lead to regulation.
    I would never support their game.

The wow team at least aren't trying to exploit the most vulnerable.
    Just for that, they are a lot better.
    Uh.. if you think the OW team went rogue and added that, you literally have no clue how organizations like this function. I can promise you the approval for that approach came from the top 1 or 2 tiers of the company and was likely looked at in depth by a legal team, tweaked.. and RE-approved by the same upper management.

If you really feel that way you should uninstall all blizzard games asap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    If you add lootboxes to WoW, it would also become just as profitable overnight.
    Don't give them ideas. xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Uh.. if you think the OW team went rogue and added that, you literally have no clue how organizations like this function. I can promise you the approval for that approach came from the top 1 or 2 tiers of the company and was likely looked at in depth by a legal team, tweaked.. and RE-approved by the same upper management.

If you really feel that way you should uninstall all blizzard games asap.
    The people who made the decision are still part of the overwatch team, which was the term I used, quite intentionally. Notice the difference between overwatch team and overwatch dev team. Still I'm 100% sure Kaplan was involved with it as well.

Also, I only need to stop playing if they add lot boxes. Stop playing altogether doesn't send the right message.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I never really watched the kind of stuff he posted, but I do know that anything that was ever posted by most CMs and devs gets trolled all to hell and is always taken out of context.

While it may be unprofessional, it's understandable why they might react that way. I still remember Tseric exploding on the community after so much abuse.
    Well, Tseric was an example of CM exploding, but he's CM, he's basically expandable. When lead devs/designers behaved quite obnoxiously on forums they're simply removed from forums completely or till they could behave better. Another example of misbehaving lead dev would be GC, during his early days in WoW team he used to shitpost and tell people that they're shit (literally) quite a lot, then he took a break from forums, but later returned as a more polite and levelheaded person.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    If anything I'm impressed by the negativity in this thread; yeah, WoW isn't great but it feels like people are only looking for things to complain about. Legion isn't that bad compared to WoD or Cataclysm, and many consider it better than MoP as well (I do not, but I am biased).
    Well, majority of playerbase doesn't use forums, but many of those who post here or on official forums do so to express their negative feelings, so I'm not surprised by the amount of negativity here.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-12-25 at 11:44 AM.

The WoW Dev team has been in silence for weeks now, nothing important is being said.
    Personally, I prefer them like this. Say nothing until they have something concrete to say regarding the game.

This forums has shown in the past that if the WoW Dev man say anything regarding a concept or an idea they are looking into, some take it as a a definite feature that will be in the game and then cry loud and wide when it does not appear. Shouting about broken promises.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is WoW ded?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    You don't ACTUALLY think Jeff has been sitting there for five hours, do you?
    immersion ruined!

next you're gonna tell me santa isn't real..