Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PogChamp View Post
    this kid is a moron with mental issues, not a nazi.
    He could be both. One is not mutually exclusive with the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Soros is not left wing... you know, I hope? Or is this sarcasm? I can't tell.
    You have to forgive people their common vernacular. Soros is left of most people but right of you. It's about perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by EbonBehelit View Post
    It seems to be that people are far more interested in the motive than the crime. People want their political beliefs vindicated.
    Motive is very important to crime when it comes to prevention and punishment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    You have to forgive people their common vernacular. Soros is left of most people but right of you. It's about perspective.
    Well, I suppose.
    Its hard to understand not having the left-right divide based on economics.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    so badass

/10swastikas
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Sadly I'm only at 7/8 swastikas...
    Someone's parents were just brutally murdered right before the holidays and you two are making jokes.

You disgust me.

10+ Year Old Account
    holy shit, imagine losing your parents at 17 because of some shit like this. like they tried warning her and she ignored them and it got her parents killed. fuck.

There are good people on both sides.

Tell me something, do you think Germany should have been wiped out after they surrendered in WW2? By wiped out, I mean complete eradication, men, women, children, everyone from the most depraved Auschwitz prison guard to the lowliest grunt that was just doing what he was told because he didn't want to die?
    I think it would be more analogous to say that America should be wiped out because of American neo-Nazis.

I'll preface this next bit by saying that I am strictly talking about actual neo-Nazis (violence, swastikas, celebration of Nazi conquests and war crimes etc).

Neo-Nazis today have made an active choice to believe and are even celebrating past war crimes. I don't think you can be a "non-evil" neo-Nazi if we define them as such.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    So why is he mentally unstable? IF you think that he is then Hitler and Mengele cant be held accountable for their actions.
    Hitler and Mengele did more than act in a sporadic moment of emotion. The article pretty much says this kid didn't really pre-meditate what he did. Adolf Hitler oversaw and approved the mass extermination of millions of people. Josef Mengele spent years experimenting on human victims. Hitler and Mengele were not a 17 year old with a gun and issues with depression.

Stop comparing the two. It's erroneous and downright disgusting.

Motive is very important to crime when it comes to prevention and punishment.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I suppose.
    Its hard to understand not having the left-right divide based on economics.
    Indeed. These days though, there's obviously a social component to the left-right divide that isn't adequately explained by using authoritarian/libertarian as an up-down divide. For example, (speaking primarily about America) the right is against abortion, which is an authoritarian stance. The right is also in favor of free speech under any circumstances, which is a libertarian stance. Those positions of course have their mirror opposites on the left, libertarian when it comes to abortion, authoritarian when it comes to speech.

I think the political compass needs a third axis if it's to remain relevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I think it would be more analogous to say that America should be wiped out because of American neo-Nazis.

I'll preface this next bit by saying that I am strictly talking about actual neo-Nazis (violence, swastikas, celebration of Nazi conquests and war crimes etc).

Neo-Nazis today have made an active choice to believe and are even celebrating past war crimes. I don't think you can be a "non-evil" neo-Nazi if we define them as such.
    I wasn't actually making an analogy; I was asking fully literal questions with a logical point at the end based on the answers given to those questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    so badass

/10swastikas
    Indeed. These days though, there's obviously a social component to the left-right divide that isn't adequately explained by using authoritarian/libertarian as an up-down divide. For example, (speaking primarily about America) the right is against abortion, which is an authoritarian stance. The right is also in favor of free speech under any circumstances, which is a libertarian stance. Those positions of course have their mirror opposites on the left, libertarian when it comes to abortion, authoritarian when it comes to speech.

I think the political compass needs a third axis if it's to remain relevant.
    The right has been banning government agencies from using words.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    The right has been banning government agencies from using words.
    Source on this?

Wanting Hitler dead and Mengele tortured doesn't make you a sociopath, but it doesn't make you righteous either. I assert that it's the reason you want Hitler dead that would determine the nature of such a thought. If you want Hitler dead because you hate Hitler, then you're not actually good, you're just acting like an ape and lashing out. If you want Hitler dead because you want to save the people he's going to hurt though, that's very different. Violence motivated by love is not, (to me) morally equivalent to violence motivated by hate.

Wanting to torture Mengele is less defensible. I can't see a way that love leads to torture without getting into very contrived circumstances.
    I never said it is righteous. I said that we as a society deal with people that have different committed crimes, in a different way. USA still has a death penalty ( in some states ) my country doesnt, last one done was i think in 1991, so lets say close to 30 years ago even though last person that was sentenced to death was in mid 2000s ( but we will likely see the light of the day ). I can't hate Hitler and its the same with that kid, but what i said is if you did something as horrible as murder then you should suffer the consequences, in the case of murder i think proper thing is to "remove" dangerous "object" from equation. I don't want Hitler dead to save lives, because i don't wanna change history ( even if that would be possible i dont think that would be smart thing to do ), i want him dead because of all the things he did and all the lives he ruined. Love has nothing to do it that, its about justice and to me, like i said, someone who is capable of murder should be killed - executed for his crimes.

Its all about action and reaction. Is you thing history books are telling the truth about the things he did then to me slow and painful death is something a person like him deserves. Again its not about love, hate or passion, its about punishment for the things you did so if he enjoyed experimenting on ppl then the right punishment for him is to die in the same way he killed/murdered 1000s

Source on this?
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/22/o...rship-cdc.html
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/16/health...rds/index.html

If people think they will stop there they haven't been paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/22/o...rship-cdc.html
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/16/health...rds/index.html

If people think they will stop there they haven't been paying attention.
    You fell for fake news.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said it is righteous. I said that we as a society deal with people that have different committed crimes, in a different way. USA still has a death penalty ( in some states ) my country doesnt, last one done was i think in 1991, so lets say close to 30 years ago even though last person that was sentenced to death was in mid 2000s ( but we will likely see the light of the day ). I can't hate Hitler and its the same with that kid, but what i said is if you did something as horrible as murder then you should suffer the consequences, in the case of murder i think proper thing is to "remove" dangerous "object" from equation. I don't want Hitler dead to save lives, because i don't wanna change history ( even if that would be possible i dont think that would be smart thing to do ), i want him dead because of all the things he did and all the lives he ruined. Love has nothing to do it that, its about justice and to me, like i said, someone who is capable of murder should be killed - executed for his crimes.

Its all about action and reaction. Is you thing history books are telling the truth about the things he did then to me slow and painful death is something a person like him deserves. Again its not about love, hate or passion, its about punishment for the things you did so if he enjoyed experimenting on ppl then the right punishment for him is to die in the same way he killed/murdered 1000s
    “But thus I counsel you, my friends: Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. They are people of a low sort and stock; the hangmen and the bloodhound look out of their faces. Mistrust all who talk much of their justice! Verily, their souls lack more than honey. And when they call themselves the good and the just, do not forget that they would be pharisees, if only they had—power.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

That's what I think of your desire to punish. There's a huge difference between wanting someone dead because you want to 'remove the dangerous object from the equation' and wanting someone dead or tortured because they deserve it. One is morally bankrupt and the other is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    Surely this 17-year-old neo-Nazi couldn't be guilty of double homicide, could he? After all, I have heard that he is a very fine person.
    At least he'll never see the light of day again in US. Here in Europe we would have let him go in 5 years, because we believe in re-education.

One side was neo nazis/white supremacists, the other side was not.
    This is not that hard.
    You're acting like the only bad thing in the world is violent neo-Nazis/white supremacists. And yes, they are bad (some of the worst in fact), but a person can not be a neo-Nazi/white supremacist and still be bad. I figured that very simple truth wasn't that hard, but I guess I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Hitler and Mengele did more than act in a sporadic moment of emotion. The article pretty much says this kid didn't really pre-meditate what he did. Adolf Hitler oversaw and approved the mass extermination of millions of people. Josef Mengele spent years experimenting on human victims. Hitler and Mengele were not a 17 year old with a gun and issues with depression.

Stop comparing the two. It's erroneous and downright disgusting.
    Hitler was very emotional person, if you watched any documentary about him you could see that, but agree that Mengele was down right crazy.
    You don't take a gun, go to girlfriends house and kill her parents that are against the relationship. That's not something that happens in 2min, it takes time to be done, so it is premeditated if you thought that would remove the obstacle! Article can say what ever the fck it wants! Kid wanted to be with GF, her parents were against, he killed parents to be with her, that is premeditated murder. No they were not, they were the ones giving guns to 17 year old kids....

Millions of kids in the 30s considered Hitler as a messiah, there are still few million ppl that support his views 70+ years after his death.

as a parent in 21st century you have to know that if your daughter is dating a psycho and you want it to stop, you ABSOLUTELY MUST be willing to go to the next level.

out crazy the little fucker

that's my plan.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Usa! Usa! Usa! Usa! Usa! Usa! Usa! Usa!

Infracted
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2017-12-25 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    At least he'll never see the light of day again in US. Here in Europe we would have let him go in 5 years, because we believe in re-education.
    yup i believe in re-education for those who deserve it, when you kill two people only death is good enough we have over 7.5billion people on the planet we don't need to re-educate trash just throw it out.

Hitler was very emotional person, if you watched any documentary about him you could see that, but agree that Mengele was down right crazy.
    You don't take a gun, go to girlfriends house and kill her parents that are against the relationship. That's not something that happens in 2min, it takes time to be done, so it is premeditated if you thought that would remove the obstacle! Article can say what ever the fck it wants! Kid wanted to be with GF, her parents were against, he killed parents to be with her, that is premeditated murder. No they were not, they were the ones giving guns to 17 year old kids....

Millions of kids in the 30s considered Hitler as a messiah, there are still few million ppl that support his views 70+ years after his death.
    You're a mess. Good luck.

“But thus I counsel you, my friends: Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. They are people of a low sort and stock; the hangmen and the bloodhound look out of their faces. Mistrust all who talk much of their justice! Verily, their souls lack more than honey. And when they call themselves the good and the just, do not forget that they would be pharisees, if only they had—power.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

That's what I think of your desire to punish. There's a huge difference between wanting someone dead because you want to 'remove the dangerous object from the equation' and wanting someone dead or tortured because they deserve it. One is morally bankrupt and the other is not.
    Morals are something that society is pushing and depends on the progress of said society. When Friedrich Nietzsche lived ( some 120+ ) different morals existed. If my desire to punish someone for something he did is morally bankrupt then entire justice system is, then we shouldnt punish criminals at all....