Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Well its monday and you need only EOA13 to rank. Seat has only 45 runs, so any +2 will be ranked. For Halls of Valor a +8 is currently ranked, so any +10 should be easily ranked. Cathedral +7 is still currently ranked.

People whining about their score usually dont put any effort into their m+ score. Getting a 2k score is easy.
    It's based on your server though. My server is US-Tichdondrius. Go look at the top 100 leaderboards on THAT server for me real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    I don't think this is as big a deal as some people say. Every run I've ever done has been counted, even if it was only a +15 done on Tuesday night.

Edit: Actually I've gotten score for every run I've ever done, even for +8's or something like that.
    You're on a dead server. I've had timed 18 runs not make the top 100 more than a couple of times

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    Yeah I do understand that it's used as a filter to try and obtain the best players available for the run. It's just that too many people live by this score alone IMO. Even running a max key a week I usually get 600-800 score a season before it resets so even if they look at my last season score it doesn't help me much.

My keys are usually run in the last 2 days before reset also and I read that doing keys earlier in the week is a better method to gain ioscore. I leave it until last minute because I mostly raid log and also dislike M+.

There's no way around it really as you said people will always try to make some kind of filter wether it's score or ill or w.e. It's just frustrating at times when your 960+ with CE on every end boss and pretty much plays to raid, and get denied for a simple +15. It is my own fault though in a way for not sinking time into raising score as this would solve my problem.
    Here's another angle that might/might not help. Other than upping your score/ilvl, you can come up with some spiel to sell yourself to get ahead of the pack, while retaining a courteous tone. Won't work the majority of the time, but all you need is one per week for that cache. Would advise making that spiel a macro. But yeah, easy week is this upcoming lockout, worth a shot to get a score on everything

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    It's based on your server though. My server is US-Tichdondrius. Go look at the top 100 leaderboards on THAT server for me real quick.
    Best way to get around this is to make sure one person in the group is from a dead realm, but yeah its an annoying issue

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Here's another angle that might/might not help. Other than upping your score/ilvl, you can come up with some spiel to sell yourself to get ahead of the pack, while retaining a courteous tone. Won't work the majority of the time, but all you need is one per week for that cache. Would advise making that spiel a macro. But yeah, easy week is this upcoming lockout, worth a shot to get a score on everything
    Yeah good point about the upcoming week being easy and obtaining some score off it. Will probably do that actually. Appreciate the advice about the spiel macro too. Will give it a shot cheers.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Best way to get a better score is to run your key minutes after Tuesday reset. The system is completely broken in that manner. If you do +15 keys more then midweek is there is a large chance your score will not be recorded.

Don't bother. Push your own key and the score will come with time. Its a horrible metric right now as it doesn't take into account repeat dungeons of the same difficulty or which affix set they are done on. Don't waste your time worrying about it. People who use it to compare people two people who both actively engage in competitive Mythic+ are not worth playing with.

Its only current value is to separate people who don't and do, ie 2k score and 1k score.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    Fuck io score, too many people take raider.io score as the bible.

"Maw +3, 2.4k raider.io needed, link CE Argus, link Gladiator"

The requirements for some groups are beyond a joke. I have a score of like 600 because I do one max key a week, doesn't mean I'm retarded or incompetent, just means I do a key a week due to not liking M+ (cache too good to ignore) and not wanting to sink time into content I dislike just to gain this stupid score most people ask for.

Score doesn't give an accurate reading of how good a player is just how many keys they have done am I wrong?

It's still better than nothing. Think of it like you're going to employ someone -
    Do you take the dude that's fresh from the academy, with no real life experience, but supposedly *should* know how to get the job done and might not suck at it? (no M+ score, a few high dungeons for weekly but usually the easier dungeons).

Or do you take the dude with 10 years experience in the field, with glowing recommendations from his previous place of work (high M+ score with every dungeon completed at a competitive level).

Seems like a no-brainer to me, really.

But just to feed you the answer you actually want: No, M+ score doesn't tell you if a player is good or not. High M+ score does however indicate that the player is more LIKELY to be good, because they've put in effort to get to a high score (or just naturally do a ton of dungeons at a high level). It's the item level argument done all over again - high ilvl doesn't MEAN a player is better than another, but you get to choose between someone in 970 and someone in 950, you pick the fucking dude in 970 because even if he sucks, gear probably makes up for it, and there's a way smaller chance someone at 970 suck.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    People who use it to compare people two people who both actively engage in competitive Mythic+ are not worth playing with.

Its only current value is to separate people who don't and do, ie 2k score and 1k score.
    You got it all backwards. The mythic+ scores are a tool for hardcore M+ players, and it works great (as a quick way to filter out applicants that are far below required experience level). The bad part of the system is that the community forces this tool upon all players, even those who do not aspire to be competitive.

As such, scores like 2k and 1k tell me entirely nothing about the players. The difference in their scores could easily come down to what days these players are online, and how populated their realms are.

Now, what runs would normally get on leaderboards for most realms? Runs starting from +18 (may be even +19). So then one could claim that something around 2340 wowprogress score (you get it by doing all dungeons on +18 in time, on average) is the absolute lowest point at which you should start checking someone's scores. So if you are trying to find people for your +18 key, you could set 2340 wowprogress score as a requirement (aka "I want a boost, so I only accept people who have abundantly proven to be able to complete +18 in time"). Even this is a questionable example. You don't get the real value from checking scores until you push keys that are higher than that.

Now, when I compare players with 2860 wowprogress score and 2600 wowprogress score, I know I am looking at two players who take M+ seriously (both are in top 1200 worldwide), except the first player did every dungeon on +22 in time (on average) and the second player did every dungeon on +20 in time (on average). The first player is miles ahead in terms of experience, and it really shows. This difference of 260 points only matters on the higher end of the score spectrum, you learn entirely nothing useful when you compare 1860 vs. 1600 rated players.

By the way, this is what raider.io attempted to fix. They award more points for completing higher keys, so...
    A player with 2860 wowprogress score might have around 3900 raider.io score.
    A player with 2600 wowprogress score might have around 3300 raider.io score.

A player with 2700 raider.io score might have around 2340 wowprogress score.
    A player with 2100 raider.io score might have around 2010 wowprogress score.
    A player with 2000 raider.io score might have around 1780 wowprogress score.
    These score comparisons cannot serve as guidelines, because raider.io score punishes (or rewards) you a lot depending on how much you missed the timer, much more than wowprogress score does. So two people can have nearly the same wowprogress scores but drastically different raider.io scores.
    Last edited by ID811717; 2017-12-26 at 07:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    You're on a dead server. I've had timed 18 runs not make the top 100 more than a couple of times
    Go look up Ravencrest EU.

Go look up Ravencrest EU.
    Currently on Ravencrest EU you can miss the top 100 with a timed 18 (tyrannical grievous)

on easy affixes like sanguine volcanic fortified you may even fail to rank top 100 with a level 20
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-12-27 at 12:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    Currently on Ravencrest EU you can miss the top 100 with a timed 18 (tyrannical grievous)

on easy affixes like sanguine volcanic fortified you may even fail to rank top 100 with a level 20
    Then I'm misunderstanding something. Every + I've never done has added to my overall mythic score even if it's not in time. We must be talking about two separate things.

Then I'm misunderstanding something. Every + I've never done has added to my overall mythic score even if it's not in time. We must be talking about two separate things.
    They must be on the top 100 of at least 1 server leaderboard to count

e.g. if you do neltharion 17 with a group 100% from ravencrest right now then it won't show up on the leaderboard so it won't be visible to raider io or wowprogress

What Svisalith said: Needs to be on the top 100 of any of the servers represented in the dungeon run. (i.e. 3 from Illidan, 1 from Ravencrest, 1 from Moon Guard, it must rank in the top 100 on Illidan, Ravencrest, or Moon Guard to make it onto raider.io)

This makes small servers a little interesting... If you have one person from a small server in your group, you're basically guaranteed to get your run counted, even if you're on a server that normally has absurd top 100 clears (like +20) in a given week.

Deleted
    Not sure if this been answered before, can your M+ score decrease? For example, say I have a +15 with 2 chests, then I finish a +17 of the same instance but way out of time(think 30-40 mins over). Will the +17 score overwrite my +15 and decrease my score?

Quote Originally Posted by Romeolo View Post
    Not sure if this been answered before, can your M+ score decrease? For example, say I have a +15 with 2 chests, then I finish a +17 of the same instance but way out of time(think 30-40 mins over). Will the +17 score overwrite my +15 and decrease my score?
    It will only display the highest score for that dungeon by default.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    It will only display the highest score for that dungeon by default.
    Thank you. That's a good and bad thing at the same time. The good thing is that I can help my friend that somehow got a +15 this week, which most likely will go way over time. Bad thing is that somebody could be boosted at a 2k+ score, then proceed to ruin runs left and right and we have no way of knowing about it . Just had a 2.2k+ mage that did under 700k dps in a +15..

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Ko Lee View Post
    Isn't there a difference between your score and making leader boards? If not, this is silly. You're saying players are being invited/not invited to groups based on their work schedules and when they are free to play the game?
    For anyone who's not on the top 2-3 pop servers, no. You can get into groups that won't ask for raider IO score and register, say, 15's most of the week on all but the most heavily populated servers. Even most high pop servers don't ever face this issue in 15's until mon/tue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    For anyone who's not on the top 2-3 pop servers, no. You can get into groups that won't ask for raider IO score and register, say, 15's most of the week on all but the most heavily populated servers. Even most high pop servers don't ever face this issue in 15's until mon/tue.
    Only noon on wed an Upper Kara is already out on Zul'jin for 15s, by tomorrow it'll be almost every dungeon. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ga...karazhan-upper

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Even most high pop servers don't ever face this issue in 15's until mon/tue.
    Well, it's wednesday evening and the leaderboards for EU Draenor are full of +15 and higher for half the dungeons already.

This is the easiest week to push and it's also a holiday break (that people get time off for), which means the leaderboards are obviously going to be more competitive this week.