Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No, I want Ogres as a stand-alone race, i.e. not shoehorned into the game as an Allied Race.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Vrykuls make sense. Ogres do not. They didn't even made sense when people screamed Naga race along with Ogres.
    You have vrykuls all over warriors order hall in Legion.
    When did you have ogres being helpful anywhere?
    No, vrykuls don't make sense either, they are certainly unable to abide by the Alliance's morals, they only respect strength, not nobility and civilization. They could MAYBE work as a Horde-only race but then they would only be able to work with Orcs, as all other races are either too peaceful (pandaren, tauren), too strange for them (forsaken, goblin) or completely out of whack (blood elves).

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    No, I want Ogres as a stand-alone race, i.e. not shoehorned into the game as an Allied Race.
    They missed that chance 3x. This is their only viable way in now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    They missed that chance 3x. This is their only viable way in now.
    According to whom... you? Your opinion on whether they're viable as a stand-alone race is irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, most of the Allied Race choices are nonsensical. They stated that they're not sub-races, but the overwhelming majority of the additions are, in fact, sub-races of the current races.

- - - Updated - - -

And if that wasn't bad enough, instead of giving the High Elves to the Alliance, the Alliance is getting Void Elves... WTF? Also, don't get me started on their failure to expand upon the Night Elven lore by giving the Nightborne to the Night Elves as a sub-race (although, to be fair, the logic for the Blood Elf angle isn't bad).

- - - Updated - - -

Allied Races that I want to see: Krokul, Wildhammer Clan, Mag'har, Hozen, Jinyu, etc.

Vrykuls make sense. Ogres do not. They didn't even made sense when people screamed Naga race along with Ogres.
    You have vrykuls all over warriors order hall in Legion.
    When did you have ogres being helpful anywhere?
    Dustwallow Marsh, Ferlas, Ogr'illa.

- - - Updated - - -

According to whom... you? Your opinion on whether they're viable as a stand-alone race is irrelevant.

And if that wasn't bad enough, instead of giving the High Elves to the Alliance, the Alliance is getting Void Elves... WTF? Also, don't get me started on their failure to expand upon the Night Elven lore by giving the Nightborne to the Night Elves as a sub-race (although, to be fair, the logic for the Blood Elf angle isn't bad).
    Devs themselves said it. They Originally wanted them to be playable in TBC and later in Cata, but for one reason or another, they skipped them. Only WoD is my opinion since they introduced entire ogre civilization and they revamped models, but as we all know entire expansion was a train wreck to begin with.

Void elves ARE High elves, they just have slightly greyish skin.

And Nightbore joining Horde makes more sense after Tyrande chewed them out for being cowards and traitors to her people.

Ogres have been part of the horde since warcraft 2. The stonemaul clan Left then rejoined in warcraft 3 and since vanilla have helped horde quest givers. Cata they expanded into Feralas and took Diremaul for themselves adding those ogres to their clan with our help. At this point they should be fairly large group that should be playable.
    Cata also brought the dunemaul clan in Tanaris into the horde. Could also just add a Draenor clan to the list if blizzard really wanted to.

According to whom... you? Your opinion on whether they're viable as a stand-alone race is irrelevant..
    What makes Allied Races lesser to the current races as is? The only thing I see is lack of dedicated starting zone narrative. Something that in my eyes they compensate for by building a narrative into the unlock requirements that are relevant to high level play and unlock quests that advance their stories.
    Highmountain Tauren for example you get to know in the Highmountain zone by doing their storyline as a level 100+ character. It's so much more elegant and efficient in resource allocation than a 1time quest zone only relevant to the specific group of players that play that race.

Allied race style unlocks will, if used properly, give us access to more races with a lot less dev time investment for the same, if not higher, engagement quality from the player-base as a whole.
    I speak from a luxury position as I played Warcraft games since Orcs and Humans but a lot of my friends had 0 investment or care in Goblins as a playable race because they don't have the same history with them as I did playing WC2 and WC3. Some of those same friends are much more excited for things like Highmountain Tauren or Nightborne because they know those races now from spending so much time fighting with and for them.

Hypothetically, speaking as if I was a person who doesn't have a long standing history of wanting to play an Ogre in WoW since classic:
    Give me a content patch with level 120 quests where I on my main go fight off void terrors spawning from rifts in Diremaul and get to fight alongside king Gordok and his subjects for a few hours. Show me sides of their culture through character interaction I hadn't even considered before. Give me a cool ogre NPC buddy or two to bounce off off for some personal investment. Get me hyped to make an ogre if I want one before throwing them at me in the character creation screen and hoping I see their story when I feel compelled to make them purely cus I wanna have a fat-bloke.
    Last edited by MrDragon; 2017-12-26 at 09:18 AM.
    "These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that" -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

Don't take me one or 5 ogres as example. And Ogri'lla, you were helping them, not the other way around.
    The second war ogre contributions to the previous Horde and the founding days of Orgrimmar where they helped fend of Kul'Tiran invaders.

And I know this is just a single ogre but still... Dagg love that guy.
    "These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that" -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

Vrykul are basically overgrown humans. Or well, the humans are undergrown vrykul to be correct, but regardless of this, they're basically the same and the only difference is their size.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-12-26 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    A vocal minority that's nearly as old as WoW itself.
    Just because there has been a few people asking for it throughout the years doesn't mean it's highly wanted by more than those few people. They will be added if Blizzard feels they make sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Vrykul are basically overgrown humans. Or well, the humans are undergrown vrykul to be correct, but regardless of this, they're basically the same and the only difference is their size.
    and how this is a problem?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Just because there has been a few people asking for it throughout the years doesn't mean it's highly wanted by more than those few people. They will be added if Blizzard feels they make sense.
    there is no a few people who ask fo then, it just a few are vocal about it. they are always the top asked races together with High elves all the time.

They will be added if blizzard wants, there is no such bullshit about sense or not, cause if we would be in logic, or, what make sense, they should be playable in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Bronan View Post
    No, vrykuls don't make sense either, they are certainly unable to abide by the Alliance's morals, they only respect strength, not nobility and civilization.
    Since when were the factions built on morals?

And do you honestly think the Alliance would turn down Stormheim if it requested to join the Alliance? In an all out war with the Horde.

Not to mention the whole lawful good aspect of the Alliance is kind of making me fall out of love with the faction. I mean they've basically turned the night elves, a race that would've hung your entrails from a tree if you were threatening their forests, into a subservient race to humans.

And assuming the Tideskorn lacked any value of nobility and civilization (which they obviously do to some degree), why would you assume that joining the Alliance wouldn't positively influence their culture to some degree?

They could MAYBE work as a Horde-only race but then they would only be able to work with Orcs, as all other races are either too peaceful (pandaren, tauren), too strange for them (forsaken, goblin) or completely out of whack (blood elves).
    Why would the vrykul join a faction led by a person who tried to enslave Eyir and made a deal with Odyn's enemy?

Not to mention that Sigryn, current God-Queen of the Tideskorn is human sympathetic and was foretold in a prophecy gaining the approval of vrykul and men. Why would she want to fight against the same race that is partially responsible for her ascension/reformation of the Tideskorn?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    and how this is a problem?
    It is a problem in my mind. If it isn't to you, then so be it. I like the additions they make for races to stick to the races we've known in the RTS. The last thing I want is oversized humans in the Horde or some monkeys with shields.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-12-26 at 06:40 PM.

It is a problem in my mind. If it isn't to you, then so be it. I like the additions they make for races to stick to the races we've known in the RTS, not these newest additions.
    I mostly agree with you on that, but I do think vrykul would make a great counterpart to ogres. Both are ancient races and the ancestors of orcs and humans.

Vrykul have also been around since Wrath, unlike Nightborne, Highmountain tauren or Lightforged draenei. Granted the Tideskorn are new, but the race of vrykul has been around for a while now.

7+ Year Old Account
    It is a problem in my mind. If it isn't to you, then so be it. I like the additions they make for races to stick to the races we've known in the RTS. The last thing I want is oversized humans in the Horde or some monkeys with shields.
    the vrykul will not be Horde

Again, oversized human is not problem when we have small humans and oversmall humans

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the vrykul will not be Horde

Again, oversized human is not problem when we have small humans and oversmall humans
    The point is that adding more humans of whichever size gets tiring at some point.

There's gnomes, dwarves and humans. If the vrykul are added, it'll be gnomes, dwarves, humans and vrykul, which would be a striking resemblance of the Dalton brothers from Lucky Luke.

7+ Year Old Account
    The point is that adding more humans of whichever size gets tiring at some point.

There's gnomes, dwarves and humans. If the vrykul are added, it'll be gnomes, dwarves, humans and vrykul, which would be a striking resemblance of the Dalton brothers from Lucky Luke.
    I, sincerely, can't see a problem with one more who is totally different from normal humans in aspects of culture and appearance, they would b very successful with all the viking theme. i would roll one, and i never play alliance apart from on worgen, they will be to alliance like the blood elves was for horde, to people who seek brutal and more aggressive race. without this light boring theme

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    if ogre dream became true, i'd race change all my characters to ogres

why not blizzard? feelsbadman

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone on Deviantart made a excellent Ogre artwork;

Too save them time too, they could just use the WoD Ogre Male model and the old alpha one for the female...With some more tweaks though...
    This is just a mock-up...too...

I'm up for having Ogres as a playable race...
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Someone on Deviantart made a excellent Ogre artwork;

Too save them time too, they could just use the WoD Ogre Male model and the old alpha one for the female...With some more tweaks though...
    This is just a mock-up...too...

I'm up for having Ogres as a playable race...
    Female ogres seem to lack horns and are thinner. We see a young one in Traveler as well as a height average for both sexes (8ft for males/7ft for females).