Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Do you consider the plan B pill to be abortion or contraception?
    If the fertilized egg never implants, she never becomes pregnant. Gestation is pregnancy, she can't gestate anything that isn't connected to her body.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Women who give birth apparently had sex intending to have kids.
    Then by that logic, they should bear the responsibility of having the kids with a man who did NOT want them......

I mean if women(plural generalization you used there) who have sex are 'intending to have kids, then they are intending to accept the financial, parental and legal responsibility for them.

Again, unless you have something else in mind. Because many of the women(plural here for me as well) I know have sex because they enjoy the feeling, NOT because they re looking to get pregnant. The ACCEPT that it may happen to them but still do it anyway, but for them it is because they 'enjoy' it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    That was never claimed. Abortion prevents pregnancy. I specifically corrected you about conception - which starts pregnancy (not every conception though).
    A fertilized egg floating around in her body is not a pregnancy - she is not gestating a fertilized egg that has not implanted.

Abortion ends a pregnancy after it happens, not prevents a pregnancy from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Thank you for proving my point that society will always put the blame and responsibility at the feet of the man. Because woman is to feeble, gullible and weak to make her own choices.

However, I will choose to state that the woman knowing that she will have to raise the child has the power to say yes or no. If she chooses yes, she chooses to have a man put his sperm in her and get pregnant. A child is not born without a mans sperm, and it is the woman's choice to allow him to put it in her.

I man unless you two have another way around this.......
    No, it doesn't. It's joint responsibility. If a man doesn't want a kid at all costs, he has the options of v-sec, condoms (how own, never anyone else's), and/or any eventual male BC. The woman can have her tubes tied, condoms/female condoms, and/or any BC. Same as a man. These areas are exactly equal.

Where it is unequal from biology, and that isn't something we can just change at the push of a button, women are the ones who have to carry the pregnancy, so they're also the only ones who can decide over keeping it or terminating. Yes, people can get fucked over, it does happen, and it sucks ass that it does. so take precautions if you want to have sex but not a kid. And don't ever fuck someone you don't think you can trust.

And I said in an earlier post that I think men should have the option to 'abort' as well, but it must be concluded before elective abortion is cut off. If the woman still chooses to keep the pregnancy after that, she cannot demand any money from the bio-dad, and goes on government support. This can be used as an emotional bludgeon towards pregnant women not in a relationship, and it will be abused, same as any other system for everything else. As long as it is a very small minority though, it's 'acceptable', if it evens the odds out more.

However, in the end, societal stigma over not treating offspring properly because the parents are being shitheads is there for a reason. The kid had no say on being born to just 1 parent with possibly no money to tend to them, regardless of the gender of said parent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the woman's actions don't have consequences, why should the man's?

it's not fair, and it needs changed.
    You dont think having a baby brought into this world is a consequence?! Hell, having a fatherless baby brought into this world. You don't think that's a fucking consequence?
    Or that having an abortion isn't a consequence?!

In what damned way, do you think a woman just "gets away with it"?

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Do you consider the plan B pill to be abortion or contraception?
    It can be both, depending on the brand of contraception used. Some BC prevents sperm from even getting to the egg, and/or prevents a fertilized egg from implanting, which is something that happens often even w/o bc...

That was never claimed. Abortion prevents pregnancy. I specifically corrected you about conception - which starts pregnancy (not every conception though).
    You're super confused here, pal.

You cannot prevent that which has already been underway for several weeks or months. You can terminate the process, but without a time machine you cannot "prevent" something which is already in place.

If I stuck a knife into your gut you could go to the hospital and have it fixed, but that trip to the hospital does not make the stabbing have never happened. The police and you will still want to see me in jail because I still stabbed you. You got it fixed, sure. But undoing the damage does not mean it never happened.

Prevention means keeping it from ever happening, it does not mean fixing it after the fact.

Child Support was NEVER meant to cover all expenses. Itwas meant as a support of the child not the Sole financial responsibility for the child.
    Okay, you said exactly what I said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Because If the mother can’t afford why should taxpayers pay when there is an able father?
    Taxpayers are represented by government, government wants that kid, government uses its resources to support that child, taxpayers provide the resources. It's a cycle. This is what state is all about. Collect a share of wealth and redistribute. That's what taxpayers pay the taxes for. That way each taxpayer will pay some marginal fee for the child support. Instead of a single taxpayer who not only pays taxes but also gives a significant portion of their income as child support.

It won't kill ya, in fact you won't even notice. But I bet you will bitch about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionChains View Post
    You're super confused here, pal.

You cannot prevent that which has already been underway
    You can prevent it from continuing. Duh.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Yes, and we still come back to the same point..... the woman can say NO if she does not want unprotected sex if the risk is getting pregnant. The man can go from woman to woman with his super sperm but she can so NO is she dont want any of it. Then he cant claim he didnt want the kid if he was never able to get the chick pregnant.
    I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

they should bear the responsibility of having the kids with a man who did NOT want them
    She does. And so does he since he had sex with a woman who wanted kids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    They wanted to keep a fatherless baby and bring it into the world, and they achieve that goal.
    Yeah that's for sure the greatest get-away I've ever seen. A life of joy and freedom to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that the mother didn't get an abortion is not the man's fault either.

it's unfair, and a man shouldn't have to pay it if they don't want to. the woman should not be the only one with the option to shirk their responsibilities.
    Both parties have a right to bodily autonomy.

Both parties are financially liable for any child that is born.

Where is the inequality?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Tax payers don't want to pay for your kids, it's as simple as that. We lock up people in jail who don't pay child support.
    I think the next round up of dead beat dad's is this week!

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    If a woman can choose (not) to abort without father's consent, why can't father choose not to pay child support if he wants her to do an abortion but she refuses? Either that or he should be able to stop the abortion but take full responsibility for the child once it's born.

Wouldn't that make the playing field equal?
    You would have thought the answer was given in your previous bullshit threads on the issue:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...wants-abortion

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...wants-abortion

Obviously, you haven't learned anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedon View Post
    Your "get out of jail free card" was to abstain. You opted not to use it. Actions have consequences and child support is one of those consequences.
    Virgin alert! Nobody is going to abstain from sex by choice...
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Taxpayers are represented by government, government wants that kid, government uses its resources to support that child, taxpayers provide the resources. It's a cycle. This is what state is all about. Collect a share of wealth and redistribute. That's what taxpayers pay the taxes for. That way each taxpayer will pay some marginal fee for the child support. Instead of a single taxpayer who not only pays taxes but also gives a significant portion of their income as child support.

It won't kill ya, in fact you won't even notice. But I bet you will bitch about it.

- - - Updated - - -

You can prevent it from continuing. Duh.
    Yes, so abortion prevents birth. It prevents the end product.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    All you've demonstrated now is that both of them accept the responsibility.
    Yes, and throughout this thread I have stated that BOTH accept responsibility. But see here there is one distinction, if a man says he does not want kids and has sex with a woman who says she does then BOOM if he sticks it he accepts it.

If he sticks it inside a woman who knows he does not want kids, then BOOM she accepts responsibility for the result because she a( did not she any form of contraceptive and b) she chose do to so knowing what the consequences were, thereby accepting them knowing the man did not want kids.

Moral of the story is BOTH have the responsibility and decision to make. It is the woman that has the final say. If the risk aint worth the reward then DO NOT DO IT

Dont have sex then, simply as that.
    The main reason for sex is gettin children.

you stick your dick in, you pay.
    Men up and care for the child too, the child doesnt deserve scumback parent who fuck of or just gettin pregnant for money or for the lulz.

people need to grow up and take responsibility for their actions, Women too!

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    No, society will always advise you to not have sex if you are not ok with the risks that come with it.

For a man, the risks that come with sex is becoming a father or getting a disease. (AIDS can kill!)

For a woman, the risks that come with sex is becoming a mother or getting a disease (AIDS can kill!) or dying from pregnancy/child birth/abortion.
    EXACTLY!!! The woman becoming a mother. If she does not want this then she can say NO.