Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Retail / Classic symbiosis!

Retail and classic can coexist - not only coexist but also work together!

If Classic(no tier raid content) launches when BFA comes out, everyone can level to 120/60 and gear up. Afterwards as the first 500 guilds clear mythic on live,Molten Core can be released. As Molten Core gets cleared, 11 weeks later the new mythic tier is released. Ppl who love retail go back and classic players keep farming.

Then again once 500 mythic guilds are done, release BWL. And so on and so on.

This way classic will be quite healthy and top retail players wont have to choose to abandon their friends/guilds but still get to play all of classic.

Classic will remain quite healthy without the help of retail players, thank you very much.

"go play retail then"

Normal people won't be able to play both games simultaneously.
    Last edited by Mushkins; 2017-12-28 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    Classic will remain quite healthy without the help of retail players, thank you very much.
    Yes it will. Perhaps the correct word I should have used was "meaty" - as in even more players than expected. A lot of players would want to but wont because it would mean abandoning their retail connections.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post

Normal people won't be able to play both games simultaneously.
    Why not? I can play both WoW and Star Wars:The Old Republic at same time. Classic will be no different.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Probably the best idea seeing as if forced to choose the best players will choose the more challenging (read: difficult, not just grindy) content, AKA retail.
    Ily mmoc

Quote Originally Posted by Talsar View Post
    Probably the best idea seeing as if forced to choose the best players will choose the more challenging (read: difficult, not just grindy) content, AKA retail.
    Lol good joke

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Why not? I can play both WoW and Star Wars:The Old Republic at same time. Classic will be no different.
    He said normal people the type who got life or have to slave away in their job you know "normies" get it ?

Depends if it is the same subs for both or not. If it is, it means Blizzard thinks Classic will need the help of retail to stay alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They’ll help each other just fine if they share a subscription. Classic players can try out retail when they get bored, retail players can try out classic during content droughts.

Nothing else needs to be done, they’ll sustain each other just fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Retail and classic can coexist - not only coexist but also work together!

If Classic(no tier raid content) launches when BFA comes out, everyone can level to 120/60 and gear up. Afterwards as the first 500 guilds clear mythic on live,Molten Core can be released. As Molten Core gets cleared, 11 weeks later the new mythic tier is released. Ppl who love retail go back and classic players keep farming.

Then again once 500 mythic guilds are done, release BWL. And so on and so on.

This way classic will be quite healthy and top retail players wont have to choose to abandon their friends/guilds but still get to play all of classic.
    #1 ROFL if you are so SILLY to belive classic will be ready in 2018.
    #2 no, classsic will and should start with 1.12 and all raids avail
    #3 NO ONE will give a FUCK about who clears MC/BWL/NAX 20 years later
    #4 most people on retail have done classic and wont do it again. (thats like having to relive your ex-bf/gf again)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    They’ll help each other just fine if they share a subscription. Classic players can try out retail when they get bored, retail players can try out classic during content droughts.

Nothing else needs to be done, they’ll sustain each other just fine.
    Do you realize that once Classic launches, Classic players will be "retail" players or "retailers" instead of beeing thieves on Private Servers ?

get your labeling right first

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Depends if it is the same subs for both or not. If it is, it means Blizzard thinks Classic will need the help of retail to stay alive.
    Pretty sure it will be the same. Blizzard wants classic players to try retail and vice versa, so it makes sense to have a single sub.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Do you realize that once Classic launches, Classic players will be "retail" players or "retailers" instead of beeing thieves on Private Servers ?

Retail has always been a term for the current iteration for the game.

Private servers only ever offered a service that Blizzard has not until now. That's not dishonesty on the players part, its stupidity on Blizzards. Even with that said, they are only offering Vanilla for now, currently there's steady private servers for all expansions. Wotlk being my current flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post

Classic players will be no more "retailers" than those who play Overwatch or Hearthstone. Retail WoW is the one that gets expansions while classic stays in 1.x forever, no matter how you label it.

Deleted
    Classic players will be no more "retailers" than those who play Overwatch or Hearthstone. Retail WoW is the one that gets expansions while classic stays in 1.x forever, no matter how you label it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorrum View Post
    Retail has always been a term for the current iteration for the game.

Private servers only ever offered a service that Blizzard has not until now. That's not dishonesty on the players part, its stupidity on Blizzards. Even with that said, they are only offering Vanilla for now, currently there's steady private servers for all expansions. Wotlk being my current flavor.
    "Retail" label was created on Private servers (you know, the ones you pay no money to play) to label the current expansion on official servers.
    By that meaning Classic WILL be retail once it launches (so people shitting all over current expansion are basically shitting over themselves)

"Retailer" is a degradatory term created by Vanilla/classic playerbase because they think Vanilla/Classic is something more than current expansion

That is very unlikely.
    The vast majority of players will most likely be players that also play retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    but but but from what i have read if you play both then you arent a true wow fan you are a retail scrub *sarcasm aside* seems people on official classic forums wont accept some people just dont want to play classic or want to do a bit of both personally i dont want to play classic at all i dont see the point but thats my choice, even though i played classic for a month before TBC came out and i liked it i just dont want to go back to it

Quote Originally Posted by mich4el View Post
    He said normal people the type who got life or have to slave away in their job you know "normies" get it ?
    I have a job. I'll be playing Classic quite casually thank you as I did a lot of the earlier MMOs I used to play such as Everquest and FF11 which required a lot more time investment.

anyone else sick of the pointless retail v classic arguments? like who gives a crap if people want to stick to new expansions, not like vanilla was the be all end all, some people think wow will go back up to 12million+ subs just because of classic servers no it wont the idiots just assumes that people who dont play now is because they love classic wow and dont like modern wow, maybe they forget you know people just like to move on after 12 years and are out of gaming or just dont like wow type games anymore lol, personally having played a month or so of vanilla before tbc came out i have no desire to go back to it but thats just my choice.