Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    "Retail" label was created on Private servers (you know, the ones you pay no money to play) to label the current expansion on official servers.
    By that meaning Classic WILL be retail once it launches (so people shitting all over current expansion are basically shitting over themselves)

"Retailer" is a degradatory term created by Vanilla/classic playerbase because they think Vanilla/Classic is something more than current expansion
    Blizzard use the term "retail WoW" to differentiate it from private servers, so it's an official label for the current game. Technically WoW:Classic will also be retail WoW so other label may be needed.

I haven't seen anyone using the term "retailer" anywhere until a couple of weeks ago by a poster on these forums. I don't like this term any more than you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    "go play retail then"

Normal people won't be able to play both games simultaneously.
    Casuals won't be able to. Expect to see many serious players competing in both, providing classic makes the necessary adjustments to allow for such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Lol good joke
    Bfa will contain more difficulty by default as it will contain encounters that haven't been cleared millions of times prior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    Classic players will be no more "retailers" than those who play Overwatch or Hearthstone. Retail WoW is the one that gets expansions while classic stays in 1.x forever, no matter how you label it.
    No that's live wow. Retail means you pay. Retail will now be both and you will differentiate between them by saying live or classic.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

The only Symbiosis is if the retail subscription covers classic, otherwise, classic has no chance of surival.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    The only Symbiosis is if the retail subscription covers classic, otherwise, classic has no chance of surival.
    seen alot of people mention that classic servers "better be free" and have no sub tie in and if it did they would just go back to private servers again,

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamu View Post
    seen alot of people mention that classic servers "better be free" and have no sub tie in and if it did they would just go back to private servers again,
    If I had to guess, Blizzard will get a bit more heavy handed on the legal front once the private servers are in direct competition to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    Classic will remain quite healthy without the help of retail players, thank you very much.
    You do know classic will be healthy with retail players, right? I mean, as soon as classic launches, it'll be a retail product too. As well as having players that play on both. And most likely sharing the same subscription.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    If I had to guess, Blizzard will get a bit more heavy handed on the legal front once the private servers are in direct competition to them.
    About time, though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..