Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Damn you global warming!
    What's supposed to happen if global warming were true?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Hmmm... climate change eh? Global warming eh?..... yeah......
    I was skeptical about global warming at one time...

Then Donald Trump got elected and I watched all the snowflakes melt before my very eyes

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    What's supposed to happen if global warming were true?
    warming. not cooling.

Or did they change their buzzword again?
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    The tweeter in chief made a statement on this today:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...31657229701120
    The funny thing is @capitalweather predicted these types of statements yesterday. Little did they know Trump would be THAT guy, but of course Trump has always been THAT guy.

https://twitter.com/capitalweather/s...31380290949126

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    warming. not cooling.

Or did they change their buzzword again?
    Is that warming supposed to happen uniformly? Does that apply to weather in different regions?

The point I'm making is that what you think should happen is not what actually happens. Because climate is a complex system, and there's no reason whatsoever that the temperature should simply increase linearly or even the same way across all regions.

Some regions get warmer. Some regions get colder. But the average, across the whole globe, will tend to be warmer over time.

Which is to say nothing about weather. Weather is short scale, short term. Climate affects weather, but it's not the same. One of the consequences should in fact be more extreme weather. And that means that some cold weather events will get worse.
    Last edited by Garnier Fructis; 2017-12-29 at 01:50 AM.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    North America is kept unseasonably warm by the gulf stream. It's been known for quite awhile that global warming will cause temps in NA to drop (on average) by messing up the gulf stream. Get used to colder winters and more snow.

Yeah guys its cold in one part of the world so climate change isn't real. Unfortunately though you have those pesky annoying sciency types Trump and the right doesn't like over at Nasa saying that infact there has been a global rise of 1c on average since pre industrial times and...

the change in global surface temperature relative to 1951-1980 average temperatures. Sixteen of the 17 warmest years in the 136-year record all have occurred since 2001, with the exception of 1998. The year 2016 ranks as the warmest on record.

It's definitely cold, been about 10º or less all week, looks to be colder next week with this Sunday being -1º.

Last year I believe 15º was the lowest.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

So much for Global Warming, amirite?
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    I hate snow and cold, can't wait to move to a hot country.
    You'll love Australia then. Almost anywhere in the entire country can get above 40c and and a very small part of the country can get below 0c!
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2017-12-29 at 01:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    it got dosn to -30f the other night here.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    its called a polar vortex. It's quite common for us Canadians.
    funny how you didn't hear that term much until about 3 years ago.
    before that it was just winter.

but you know....the goal post wont just move itself will it

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    funny how you didn't hear that term much until about 3 years ago.
    before that it was just winter.

but you know....the goal post wont just move itself will it
    Hey, it's almost like as things become more relevant, they pop up more.

A quick search shows that polar vortices have been studied for decades, but by all means don't let the historical record get in the way of your non-scientific argument against climate change.

A quick search shows that polar vortices have been studied for decades, but by all means don't let the historical record get in the way of your non-scientific argument against climate change.
    It's funny how the woefully uneducated use their ignorance to disprove the existence of anything.

"I haven't heard of Trigonometry so it must be some liberal conspiracy"
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    https://www.boston.com/weather/weath...in-new-england

Thought this was actually pretty cool, its absolutely FREEZING outside, this entire week the lows are in the negatives, and the wind chill right now is colder than -20 degrees. I am a huge winter sports guy, I love skiing and mountaineering, so this is pretty nice consider the last two winters were anemic.
    Good for you.
    Yeah, the other way around over here. It's just rain, rain and some more rain.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    The tweeter in chief made a statement on this today:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...31657229701120
    His timeliness match my expectations so beautifully.

All I know was it was 42F in south Texas today and it snowed a few weeks ago. And it sucked massive ass. So god damn cold.

Any way I can take some global warming in the winter and some cooling in the summer ?
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

and you only bother to bring it up because the old "WERE ALL MELTING" dogma doesnt work anymore.

you think this science is settled but cant defend that position, so youll just claim "its only cold because polar vortex", which is stupid at best, intentionally false at worst.
    the legitimate answer is.....your projections are constantly proven incorrect.

but i had no expectation of changing your mind, go buy 50 electric cars if it makes you feel better.
    alleviate all that guilt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    and you only bother to bring it up because the old "WERE ALL MELTING" dogma doesnt work anymore.

you think this science is settled but cant defend that position, so youll just claim "its only cold because polar vortex", which is stupid at best, intentionally false at worst.
    the legitimate answer is.....your projections are constantly proven incorrect.

but i had no expectation of changing your mind, go buy 50 electric cars if it makes you feel better.
    alleviate all that guilt!
    yes he can you just ignore it.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    yes he can you just ignore it.
    imagine if you guys put your "all knowing education" into something thats actually plausible.
    like water contamination or forestry.

do some actual good, instead of raving about big bads that just can't seem to show themselves