View Poll Results: Do you get a Influenza Vaccination ?

Voters
111. This poll is closed
  • Yes. I do get a flu shot

44 39.64%
  • No. I do not get a flu shot

67 60.36%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Influenza spreading across USA..do you get a Flu Shot ?

Influenza (the Flu), is spreading across the USA.

Do you get a influenza shot in the arm before the flu season starts,
    or during flu season? It is never to late to get one.

Some workplaces give employees a flu jab for free.

Te Flu can be very debilitating & sometimes deadly.

In the Winter recently finished in Australia, the influenza virus killed a number of elderly esp those in retirement homes.
    It also killed some young children as well as some fit & healthy young adults.

It always depends upon the strain of the influenza virus.
    Some viruses adapt themselves to become more deadly.

The map below shows where the Flu has spread in the USA up the December 23 2017
    Its mainly in California & the Southern States.

I wish my MMO friends all the best in avoiding the flu this winter.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/f...atment-2017-12

The flu season is off to a strong start, with 21 states reporting ‘high’ flu-like activity.
    This year’s vaccine isn’t as effective as usual, but it can still prevent you from getting some versions of the flu.
    People who do catch the flu can get rid of it faster with antiviral drugs.
    From the California coast to the shores of South Carolina, Americans across the country are coming down with some nasty strains of the flu this year.

The Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports “influenza activity” is ticking up across the southern half of the US, with one strain (H3N2) responsible for the majority of the deadliest, most dangerous cases reported so far.In lab specimen tests, H3N2 has been responsible for around nine out of every 10 flu cases studied. And at least twelve children have died from catching the flu this season.

The states where flu prevalence is most worrisome are highlighted here in red:

I generally dont get the flu cause of low exposure to people. So i never bother. I would if i was at a higher risk, though.

minimal exposure to people, and I'm a real pussy about needles, so no flu shot for me.

haven't had the flu yet though, and hopefully don't ever get it.

Deleted
    It's spreading across the entire world. I've had friends in the US and Canada get the same problems my parents have just had. It's the same flu. And it's really strong and the symptoms stay for weeks.

Luckily, I've not been infected. Either it's luck or my good hand hygiene works. I was actually considering getting vaccinated but never got around to it. My dad got vaccinated because he's in a risk group. He still got sick, but much less severe, which is the point of a vaccine.

Not a surprise the same red dildo that elected an orange moron also can't practice personal or social hygiene with the exception of Florida, where you having nursing homes to do that.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I generally dont get the flu cause of low exposure to people. So i never bother. I would if i was at a higher risk, though.
    Wash your hands during flu season, a lot. With regular soap. Don't touch things other people often touch while in public. It helps tremendously.

i am a shut in, so i don't really need it. i don't make physical contact with anyone in the house, and i religiously hand sanitize if anyone is sick.

but i don't really care if i do get sick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god I dont live in the US, I am horribly attracted to flu. I have had the flu three times this year lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I'm a complete NEET and wash my hands religiously so I usually don't get sick often.

Flu shots are so ineffective it's not even worth the effort. I've tried it before and I still got sick.

I live in Japan and always get it. The most common excuse that I've heard from people who don't get it is that it hurts.

7+ Year Old Account
    *running around in circles out of fear*

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not an elderly person, so I'll pass. There's no need for a normal healthy person to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Not a surprise the same red dildo that elected an orange moron also can't practice personal or social hygiene with the exception of Florida, where you having nursing homes to do that.
    Also explains the leftist nutjobs in California, right? Hope and change yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotto Pantsu View Post
    I'm not an elderly person, so I'll pass. There's no need for a normal healthy person to get one.

Well this young Mother of Two who actually had a Flu injection died after getting the Flu in Australia 6 months ago, during the Australian Winter
    It was very Tragic.

So anyone can get it. How severe you will get it depends on your body to fight against the virus.
    Pump up the immune system with Vitamin C... And as other posters suggest. Wash your hands alot

If someone sneezes in your vicinity, close your eyes. As flying germs can enter the body through your tear ducts.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...621c732b33ef3f
    Last edited by Blobfish; 2017-12-30 at 12:15 PM.

Deleted
    no i don't want to catch autism

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Flu shots are so ineffective it's not even worth the effort. I've tried it before and I still got sick.
    to be expected... from what I understand each batch is made based on previous mutations rather than the ones coming in each year. Even more fun is the possible side effect of... Flu-like symptoms for a period of time.

If my job didn't require me to get a flu-shot I wouldn't bother with it. Waste of time going out of my way to get a shot that really isn't that effective just so someone else can have peace of mind who I don't care about and likely won't be interacting with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wash your hands, keep away from infected people (and their stuff) and you should be fine.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't bother with flu shots. I would if I were elderly, though.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Wash your hands, keep away from infected people (and their stuff) and you should be fine.
    The problem is that you can be around infected people without noticing it. Just because you don't have symptoms doesn't mean you're not carrying (and infecting) others around you. You might even be immune to the strand you carry and infect others around you. The flu is amongst the most quickly mutating viruses out there, which is why it is so far impossible for us to create a universal flu vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    to be expected... from what I understand each batch is made based on previous mutations rather than the ones coming in each year. Even more fun is the possible side effect of... Flu-like symptoms for a period of time.

If my job didn't require me to get a flu-shot I wouldn't bother with it. Waste of time going out of my way to get a shot that really isn't that effective just so someone else can have peace of mind who I don't care about and likely won't be interacting with.
    Well, it takes some time to synthecize the vaccine. You should get one if you work with children, food, in healthcare or are regularily exposed to a crowd. And it's not ineffective. The problem is that most people assume that getting the shot means they won't get sick. The shot only vaccinates you against influenca. There's still a plethora of sicknesses that you can get that have very flu-like symptoms.