Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    People who jump into +15 who can barely pull 800k dps are the one's ruining it for everyone else. People won't stay in their lane and will attempt to cruise inside the slipstream of those who are better and faster than them, it's a problem in this game, that's why you need iLvl, mythic+ score and AOTC.

When you start a keystone and realize the mage you invited who is ilvl 950 is doing sub 800k dps, you leave the group, deplete the key and start a new one, except this time you screen better.
    See this problem didn't stem from raider.io, it stemmed from bad DPS getting into 15s, like how are you expecting people to react, just keep inviting bads over and over until your key becomes +10? If anything, they need to implement ways to track or observe someone's DPS potential before you go inside of a raid or dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Yeah, this is the problem of the system. There is no trust and no communication. I am certain I would outplay that guy with the high score, but I never get the chance cause I haven't been able to play as much as he. But skill and experience is not the same. A skilled player with less experience is better than a less skilled player with more experience.

- - - Updated - - -

I want the same too. I want to do high keys.

This feels like the thread of requirements for Antorus, with curve and ilvl, and my stance is the same here, meaning the requirements are too insane here too and very excluding.
    You say that you are the more skilled player, and it might be true... But the guys looking for people to their group don't know you or how you play, you might as well have been Boosted through a high key and want to be a carry...

You say the problem is in the system, i say the problem lies with the people who (like you) seem to just expect to get into a group with no prior credentials supporting their skill boasting.
    What you can (and probably should) do, is take the time and get into some lower M+ (10-15) and build your score and gain more clears for a higher possibility to get picked in the future.

You hate a dungeon? Well, tough... Many people probably hate a dungeon or even more than one... I personally hate Arcway, NL and Seat on high Mythic keys. But i still do them because i know they will give me the push i need to get higher...

So suck it up and just go for it... Or don't, and don't get surprised when nobody picks you.

Also, you can always start your own group.

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    See this problem didn't stem from raider.io, it stemmed from bad DPS getting into 15s, like how are you expecting people to react, just keep inviting bads over and over until your key becomes +10? If anything, they need to implement ways to track or observe someone's DPS potential before you go inside of a raid or dungeon.
    Props. Double. Thank you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    blood dk. try it again on another tank and see what happens
    Did it on my prot warr and brewmaster with pugging... Both are 960now

i am with the OP, this addon is beyond stupid. i normally only do couple of the specific dungeons that i needed, and because of this thing came out, i have to grind EVERY SINGLE DUNGEON just for the score.

what's ironic is that 99% of the dps that i ran the 18s~20s with were far worse than myself. https://raider.io/characters/us/arthas/Realmercx

it only took me 1 day from 800 to 2k, i am currently sitting at 2.7k, if i try a bit harder 3k can be acquired in a day >.> but ani't nobody got time for that..

I think removing the timer for mythic + is the best way to deal with this BS. The timer is the worst aspect of the M+. The fact that you can potentially steamroll the hardest dungeons out there is rediculous. On top of that no one is interested in doing the absolute highest keys out there, because they won't beat a timer and thus don't get loot.

Deleted
    Out of all flavours, you had to pick salty. If you say you have a main toon +2k m+ score and you still get declined, I would say it's a lie. If you are 960 like you said, and 2k, you should have no problems. But drop your toons name, let us all check.

- - - Updated - - -

What? You always get loot, always. There's people completing 27+ keys and receiving 5/6 (?) Loot pieces at the end. The timer is what makes it a challenge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I think removing the timer for mythic + is the best way to deal with this BS. The timer is the worst aspect of the M+. The fact that you can potentially steamroll the hardest dungeons out there is rediculous. On top of that no one is interested in doing the absolute highest keys out there, because they won't beat a timer and thus don't get loot.
    You get 1 item less for failing the timer, but you get 4/10 of an item for every key level above 15. So failing a 20 is 4 items, while doing a 15 in time is only 3.

The streamers don't reset depleting keys because it is a faster way to obtain a new high key than completing the dungeon first for loot they DE in 99% of the time. The are doing for challenge and score, not for loot.

It wont change anything. Can still look you up manually.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    You still get loot, even if you miss the timer. Making the timer just boosts your key.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    I'm really not having this problem. I got around 1600 Mythic Score in 2 weeks without even trying to and now I get invited to the weekly 15 without issues.
    1600? Come on man. Even for healers 2.5k+ is requested for 15s.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Personally I wish they'd bring back proving grounds. I have always preferred someone who has gold proving grounds on their character over ilvl. It shows that they at least tried to challenge themselves to get better at playing their character. Gold proving grounds wasn't exactly the hardest thing ever, but it at least required you to understand the strengths of your spec and be able to do mechanics well to complete it.

If there were more achievements in game that were rewarded for personal competence it would be easier to select people for random groups. Ilvl has never really cut it for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Realmerc View Post
    it only took me 1 day from 800 to 2k, i am currently sitting at 2.7k, if i try a bit harder 3k can be acquired in a day >.> but ani't nobody got time for that..
    3k is new 2k after this week. Met so many bad players with 3k+ who were body pulling extra packs, dying to obvious mechanics or not knowing what their class can do to make some dungeons easier.

The only thing that irks me is getting declined from a group when the leader ask for KSM, but yet the said person doesn’t even have it..........also I think they should add a bad karma feature which tells you how many dungeons a so called person left before the last boss was killed if within the time. limit

If you have a decent ilvl and have done a high + key, WHY would you require multiple clears.
    The answer is simple. I need you to prove me that you're not a quitter.

The "weekly chest" level keys are easy, anyone can complete them. You don't need to be a mythic raider, and you don't need to be even skilled. The only way to ruin a +15 key is to have someone quit the run.

But skill and experience is not the same. A skilled player with less experience is better than a less skilled player with more experience.
    You could have a mythic Argus achievement and still quit my run the moment you see a random ilvl 950 mage doing 800k dps. Or you could be the random ilvl 950 mage yourself, body pull two extra packs at the start of DHT, cause a wipe, lose motivation, and quit. To me these players are no different.

I don't care about your score for a weekly chest, but you better show me that you are capable of regularly finishing your weekly chest runs (Legion has been out for over 15 months now, so it should be easy). Alternatively, you can farm yourself a basic M+ score to get invited. I would hate asking for a specific score, but it is still one of the ways you can demonstrate your commitment.

Note that you do not need to make it to the leaderboards to accumulate the "number of mythic 10+/15+ dungeons completed in time" type of information on wowprogress/raider.io. This information is fetched from your character statistics and is 100% precise.
    Last edited by ID811717; 2018-01-02 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    1600? Come on man. Even for healers 2.5k+ is requested for 15s.
    You must be playing another game. I'm cleaning a +15 each week with pugs

I hope they implement something into the actual game (not using an add-on) in BfA that isn't a score. Like just make it so when you put your group in queue for a +15 Upper Kara, you can mouse over someone in queue and see their highest key done for that dungeon etc. Also something that DOESN'T "reset" with every patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    2K and 965 is decidedly average, though. 970+ gear is more rare, but 965 is super common due to the first 5 mythic bosses being freebies, so there's a dime a dozen dps. ofc they won't want a shadow priest, because people don't get that they can do OK in m+ now. That's not an issue with the addon, though.
    You are not using the word "average" correctly. If 2k was average, I wouldn't be in the top 10 shadow priests in my realm and top 100 priests overall. 965 being "super common" is pure delusion, considering you're almost 10 item levels far from that yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Probably because shadow priest is awful in m+ and any other ranged would be preferable. The only shadow priest I bring along is a guildie, I would never pug one.
    That was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by leipuri View Post
    3k is new 2k after this week. Met so many bad players with 3k+ who were body pulling extra packs, dying to obvious mechanics or not knowing what their class can do to make some dungeons easier.
    Somehow I struggle to believe this. Feels like another fantasy world story that people in MMO-C love to come up with, especially considering how you said **many players with 3k** when that score itself is not that common. In EU-English there's exactly 97 players above 3k, 167 in all EU.
    Last edited by mmoc62a721aa86; 2018-01-02 at 06:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    That was my point.
    If it's any consolation, Blizzard did state that mythic plus had opened their eyes when it came to balancing class utility (something they can't easily do mid-expansion) and hopefully shadow priests will receive something to bring them in line of being considered, at least not a liability, in Battle for Azeroth.

The nerf to aoe stuns and combat ress helps even out the field, but they will still need something as they are sorely lacking as of right now. I really don't understand why your silence is a 45 second cooldown when boomkin has the same thing except aoe, and theirs even lasts two seconds longer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    Somehow I struggle to believe this. Feels like another fantasy world story that people in MMO-C love to come up with, especially considering how you said **many players with 3k** when that score itself is not that common. In EU-English there's exactly 97 players above 3k, 167 in all EU.
    Poster I was replying to was talking about hes raider.io and I was talking about raider.io. Even this thread was started about raider.io addon. There are thousands of players with 3k+ on raider.io and hundreds over 4k.