Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Outside of bug fixes and battlenet integration I would be surprised by any graphic updates or anything else added. Why would they want to take the time to add in updated models and textures. I wouldn't be going back because I want to see the game with updated graphics, I couldn't care less. I never played wow for graphics and I would assume the playerbase that sticks with it are in the same mindset.

The tokens would be terrible. I could see that really messing with the economy. Gonna already be interesting to see how long it takes the economy to even out, I'v never seen a fresh servers economy.

Tokens are pay to win in Vanilla, so no way that happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    I mean if they equated 500g Classic gold for the current value of the Token I would already be set for life if I wanted to. I hope this never happens
    with amount of gold floating in vanilla i wouldn't be surprised if classic token would sell for 50-100g. After all its players who pay for it, gold doesn't appear out of thin air. I dunno, people who would buy tokens with gold on classic are just outright crazy, it's way easier to farm gold on retail
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2018-01-02 at 07:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    anybody who thinks...is an idiot
    lol I figured someone like you would chime in.

Here's one of the things I've been mulling around in my head as an inevitable

PvP/PvE realms will all be PvE due to the new PvP realm design change.

There's enough to make up a couple of servers for Classic, but there definitely is not enough to make multiple realms just for PvP or PvE or RP PvP/PvE.

Unfortunately, the bite that made old realms really fun will only be something you can "participate" in.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    "...that's what the community wants"? As if there is a community that speaks with one voice and knows what it wants - if there was, why is everyone at everyone's throat about everything?
    Because Classic is too good to be true, so much in fact that now its becoming a reality. That very same community just wants it back to the way it was, but not everyone has the same vision of vanilla. One side wants patch A while another side wants patch B. Maybe it doesn't have to be patch related, it could be something entirely different. Either way, its a struggle that matters to them. So just give them Classic and just be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcath View Post
    Here's one of the things I've been mulling around in my head as an inevitable

PvP/PvE realms will all be PvE due to the new PvP realm design change.

There's enough to make up a couple of servers for Classic, but there definitely is not enough to make multiple realms just for PvP or PvE or RP PvP/PvE.

Unfortunately, the bite that made old realms really fun will only be something you can "participate" in.

that new realm thing definitely wont be a part of classic LOL

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone is so deadset on changing things. What's wrong with leaving it alone and as close to consistent with the original as humanly possible?
    Because it needs to be a viable, saleable game with 2017 graphics and interface, not vanilla level. There will almost undoubtably be an 'old character model' button for veteran players though.

I don't think WoW tokens will be available in game though. I expect the subscription will be payable through b.net balance which you can get from live though, which is fine. Same with authenticators. Even if they release no QoL changes, which would be fine, the graphic/interface/security changes are relatively certain. That and bug/exploit/latency fixes.

How did "WoW token" end up in that list, I would call that least expected feature for Vanilla.

Things we will absolutely see in WoW......

Things that will almost definitely be in WoW, game systems that save\make Blizz money:
    Character\Item restore
    Buyback
    Possibly Tokens, wouldn't be exceptionally difficult the price would be lower but still likely a similar % compared to income you might end up with the situation that if you play both it works out better to buy on one or the other but meh whatever, also tokens kill gold farmers
    In-game Store
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    that new realm thing definitely wont be a part of classic LOL
    Oh, it must be all contrary evidence you've brought that is suddenly enlightening me.

If you didn't realize it, ALL PvP realms in the future will be PvE with an opt in feature to PvP.

They're not going through extraordinary lengths to appease this crowd, just enough to get a good amount back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcath View Post
    Oh, it must be all contrary evidence you've brought that is suddenly enlightening me.

If you didn't realize it, ALL PvP realms in the future will be PvE with an opt in feature to PvP.

They're not going through extraordinary lengths to appease this crowd, just enough to get a good amount back.
    its gonna be a part of BfA, not classic lol

Two inevitable changes I see:

1. Addon API will be based on the latest version that current WoW is using. So you can forget about the overpowered Decursive nostalgia.

2. Code obfuscation. This was introduced in 7.3 so don't expect to use tmorph in Classic WoW.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post

1. Addon API will be based on the latest version that current WoW is using. So you can forget about the overpowered Decursive nostalgia.

2. Code obfuscation. This was introduced in 7.3 so don't expect to use tmorph in Classic WoW.

hopefully you wont really need tmorph in classic.. i used it for old models

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    its gonna be a part of BfA, not classic lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Oh yeah, that'll definitely be part of BfA haHAhaLoL
    I missed the update friend. Sorry I never saw that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    How did "WoW token" end up in that list, I would call that least expected feature for Vanilla.
    Because of lazy people that think that buying in-game gold for RL money is completely acceptable in an RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post

Just out of curiosity, what is this tmorph you speak of? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I will be very surprised if WoW tokens are available on the new servers.
    I will also be very surprised. WoW tokens will interfear with the classic economy far too much and should not be in the classic game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 1 is sure to happen, the rest, not so much. The authentication system isn't the actual game. Else, bug fixes I would believe more than graphics as for the token. Yeah, doubtful. I have my belief it'll piggyback on the current subscription but you would have to pay money if you don't have gold on live.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

What exactly would be the point of the classic server anyway?

Minus points:

1) Nothing new, ever
    2) Boring bossfights, as every single fight will be known before even setting foot in the dungeon/raid
    3) "Progression" will be the biggest joke ever, bossfights will drop like flies within weeks of the server opening due to people rushing to 60 on day 1 and subsequently farming max lvl instances possibly even with ubrs key in the first few days
    4) pvp will be pyro mage and TF rogue dominated once again, simply 1 shotting anything when cds are up
    5) warriors will be the only viable tanks again, killing spec diversity
    6) if really classic, any spec using fire will be borderline useless at start as MC and BWL had immune mobs, including bosses
    7) if all raids are up right away, which would be a big mistake, people will be using the evade tactic to farm naxx trash loot of oozes, making ilvl 83 and 85 items available from the get go, including 2 weapons

Quote Originally Posted by shifu View Post
    1) Authenticators
    Alot of people still do not have them so they are not mandatory.

2) Updated Graphics / Models
    I've been playing a few months ago with old graphics on some private server... and still had the same fun. It is not needed.

3) WoW Tokens
    This would ruin whole fresh economy.
    We do not even know what type of payment it will be.

TL;DR Lets be realistic. There will be inevitable changes to Vanilla WoW.
    Haha... no.
    Just no.