Thread: Thunderfury!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Been told it works fine. Just not as strong as Warriors.

As I said we aren't forcing people into playing something they don't want to play. We have a Druid, 2 Palas and a Warrior and possibly 2 more Warriors if we can convince some old Runescape friends to come.

Would be interested to know how many Tanks that we need to run out of curiosity? I know people ran 8 tanks on Four Horsemen in Naxx but do we really need 1/5 of our raid tanks for the other raids?

Our guild/mentality is for a bunch of friends to come together and have fun.

And I'm still undecided on class personally. Hunter, Lock and Shaman are the 3 I have in mind at the moment but things can change.
    I was refering to the fact, that there were no alliance shamans and no horde pallies in vanilla, so that combination seems unlikely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    He means that Paladin is alliance exclusive, and Shaman is horde exclusive.
    That's why I said Lock or Hunter. We haven't even decided on Faction yet.

Some wanna go Horde and some Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    I was refering to the fact, that there were no alliance shamans and no horde pallies in vanilla, so that combination seems unlikely to happen.
    Oh I know. That's why I have Lock and Hunter on the shortlist. In case we end up going Alliance. I figured people knew what I meant when I put the two together. Should have been more specific admittedly. Because I confused people and made myself look like an uninformed buffoon haha.

Personally I don't care what Faction we go.

To be honest we probably have a while before it launches so people may change their minds.

Hell I'm still deciding on Resto Shaman, Demo Lock or BM Hunter.

But we aren't going to directly force people into playing specs they don't want. We are here to have fun and clear content at our own pace.
    Here is what is going to happen. One raid night, you're gonna be wiping on a boss allot. You're all gonna be looking over the numbers, looking at what happened to figure out what you can do different or better the next attempt. A few hours in, it's gonna dawn upon you, that the only reason you can't kill the boss is because a select few people insist on playing classes, doing roles they are not at all suited to do.

The guys playing the actual speccs. The healing priests, the rogues, the mages, the warlocks, the healing druids and so on. Is gonna start resenting the people holding everyone else back, as they grind away farming consumables for their next wipe fest. They are gonna realize that the tanking paladin and the balance druid are not pulling their weight, while they themselves go above and beyond.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    Here is what is going to happen. One raid night, you're gonna be wiping on a boss allot. You're all gonna be looking over the numbers, looking at what happened to figure out what you can do different or better the next attempt. A few hours in, it's gonna dawn upon you, that the only reason you can't kill the boss is because a select few people insist on playing classes, doing roles they are not at all suited to do.

The guys playing the actual speccs. The healing priests, the rogues, the mages, the warlocks, the healing druids and so on. Is gonna start resenting the people holding everyone else back, as they grind away farming consumables for their next wipe fest. They are gonna realize that the tanking paladin and the balance druid are not pulling their weight, while they themselves go above and beyond.
    If you say that is the case then you are entitled to your opinion.

However all you are doing is wildly speculating here.

Conisdering a lot of us have played games together in different ways and some in a let's say unique way then I believe our guild will be fine thank you very much.

Well right now at least 31 of us are making this guild.

Hoping to get 40 or more at least.

Hell we want to get bigger and have like a smaller raid team for stuff like Ruins and Zul'gurub. We know people from other guilds/games who are playing and it's just about convincing them.

I have done my research and I know what Thunderfury is strong for and whatnot. But we all agreed on that's how we handle the legendary. /Roll for first binding and then whoever wins it gets the second one to make it easier.

With Sulfuras well we are hoping some people will have the hammer sorted before we see an eye drop. If an eye drops first then again /roll.

As for Atiesh this is an interesting one. We are still deciding on what to do with it. Only thing we come up with so far is whoever wins the first splinter we get the rest for them. Only one idea we have at the moment.
    I seriously doubt your raid/guild of ~40 people is “just going to roll for” Thunderfury if you ever even do get to see it.

rofl

That’s like a free Lambo appearing at a party with your friends and you all just miraculously decide “Aight guys lets roll some dice to see who gets the Lambo!”

Nah nigga. There gon be some beef.

And the aftermath of whoever gets it Jesus. If your vWoW guild bleeds into your retail WoW guild that might cause some serious rifts even if it’s “just for fun”. Some people quit over that shit.

But yo, gl hf

15+ Year Old Account
    It mostly goes to the Maintank in a guild, and it was already decided that our guildmaster/maintank got it first, i was 2e tank so when the maintank got the first bracelet from Garr and a few weeks later the maintank wasnt in the raid Geddon dropped his lol i got that one, and we just kept going back for Garr and Geddon long after we cleared MC and BWL just to get them he got his while in AQ40 and i got mine while in Naxx40.

I loved it coz it helped us warriors slightly with the one thing we where shit at.. Aoe tanking lol and it helped me a lot in Shattered Halls
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2018-01-03 at 02:58 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by stigz View Post
    I seriously doubt your raid/guild of ~40 people is “just going to roll for” Thunderfury if you ever even do get to see it.

rofl

That’s like a free Lambo appearing at a party with your friends and you all just miraculously decide “Aight guys lets roll some dice to see who gets the Lambo!”

Nah nigga. There gon be some beef.

And the aftermath of whoever gets it Jesus. If your vWoW guild bleeds into your retail WoW guild that might cause some serious rifts even if it’s “just for fun”. Some people quit over that shit.

But yo, gl hf
    So you also just ignored what I posted later? That after reading some posts here we had a talk and have pretty much decided it goes to one of our tanks. I take peoples opinions into consideration greatly here provided they are well structured and whatnot. And some of the people talking about TF going to tanks is the reason I reconvened with our intended guild.

Please don't pick the first quote without reading what I posted after. That's rather unfair considering the opinions of others changed my mind later on. I was not aware of just how strong it was.

As for Sulfuras all we can do with that really is wait until people start getting their hammers or decide among the 2H Mace users.

Atiesh as I said we are still a bit puzzled on how to handle it. How common were the splinters if anyone knows?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-01-03 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    It's not even close to the most grindy thing I've done in WoW.
    What is the grindiest thing you’ve done in WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilkarik View Post
    I'm so curious. I never got to play in vanilla and was only able to level to 60 before nost pulled the plug on elysium. How were thunderfury's handled in raiding guilds? Did guilds never stop farming molten core? Was it always a main tank item? Did they distribute it by rolls? Im so curious about it and excited to see all the drama plays out when classic rolls around. If you have an old experience or a private server experience with forging one please share bellow!!

P.S. I realize there is no way to know if people are lying/trolling but ill take what I can get. Try to be honest!
    most of the time you dont even get to use thunderfury in raids because the debuff takes up 2 out the 16 debuff slots which is a no-go since the debuff doesnt contribute to raiddps... it lowers the dmg the tank takes from autoattacks which is only good for a handful of bosses.

welp, in my first 40 man guild the bindings dropped and we had no idea what it was for and no one wanted to use DKP on it so a hunter got it (and made the item)
    next our main tank got it
    Then in when i came back to wow later i was the MT and half raid leader in a 40 man guild, i got the first binding, the same binding dropped and went to our main off tank, when the second binding dropped we rolled for it, however i would've been absolutely livid and upset had i lost, i was the (without embellishment) the best tank, the main tank, i explained how to do everything and hand held everyone from the get go and had 100 percent raid attendance, there was no argument that i should not get thunderfury... but i won the roll so there was no reason to get upset ..
    HOWEVER: right when we killed the 2nd boss, the dog, my parents asked me to go to the store and .. well cant refuse really, so i hopped off and ran to the store, a mate logged on my account and tanked garr, i logged on his mage right as they killed garr so at least it couldn't be said that i wasnt there.. so actually i didnt win the roll, my friend who was on my account did but uh... history and such
    i dont remember how long it took for me to farm the arcane crystals, i did level my friends rogues mining all the way up (without his consent lol) to help out, farmed every day after school, i'd say i probably acquired at least half of them through farming, guild gave me the mats you get from raiding, borrowed a few sands or wahtever from otherr guilds, and the godamned engineering mats that cost like 600 gold or something

and as for giving it to a rogue? fuck that. i mean.. it depends on which version of TF they give to us but the one where it cannot proc off its own proc means it is not a rogue weapon, sorry not sorry
    Now, if the version of TF we get can proc off its own proc then yes, it could be a rogue offhand but seriously, there has to be better ones and if there isnt then there has to be almost as good because it is solely the best tanking weapon until that first boss in sunwell
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

15+ Year Old Account
    Legions AP/trait system ?:P
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Legions AP/trait system ?:P
    Grinding AP is a joke compared to fully farming stuff to cap your buffing in vanilla.

On topic regarding Thunderfury: give it to your tank. In vanilla aggro IS a problem, that's why Paladins are stupidly overpowered compared to Shamans, and why you want to give your MT the freaking strongest weapon in the game. Pre-nerf Thunderfury's proc rate was so high the effect brought the weapon from 55dps up to over 100 all by itself. You give that to the guy holding aggro and your dps can go batshit crazy without worrying about stealing threat.
    No amount of dps gained by a single guy can compensate for being sure the boss never changes target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    For our server and from reading several pages it seems to be the same.

We gave thunderfury to our main tank due to the progression aspect and the ability to hold better aggro and more importantly some awesome AoE threat generation which was severally lacking in Vanilla for warriors.

After Main tank got thunderfury and your guild was lucky enough to go for second or third one. I would imagine it would go to the second main tank or an equally committed guild member with great attendance.
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter weapon without question. Give it to the lowest performing one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    sounds pretty blasé.
    Did you guys play then?
    The amount of effort into farming arcane crystals and thorium when veins were shared across everyone( leaving them to be poached by farmbots and rogues that CC'd you).

It's a monumental amount of cash and time that goes into it, considering that 60% mount was the norm, and 100 was for the dedicated. Farming was pretty slow for that part alone, not to mention getting both bindings...
    Have to keep in mind most of the people that claim they played vanilla are just "claiming". You can tell this by how they post or things they say. That is why a good majority of them will not last long on Classic servers. As you said anyone that actually had been there realizes how hard this thing was to get, not only the luck of getting both bindings but sheer quantity of mats needed as well. also... dont forget you also have to farm BWL, I know you haven't forgotten but most of them dont realize that. We tended to have the whole guild chip in just to make one.

Now the real question is will it matter, depending on what patch they roll on on classic TF could be half useless. The orginal TF was amazing, the procs alone generated a crazy amount of aggro, so much so I remeber pullung draggons from the other side of the room off that kite tank just from my sword procs on first BWL boss.
    ORR we get the version of it after the nerfs towards the end of Vanilla. I think that was when they made it also one handed instead of just Main Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Have to keep in mind most of the people that claim they played vanilla are just "claiming". You can tell this by how they post or things they say. That is why a good majority of them will not last long on Classic servers. As you said anyone that actually had been there realizes how hard this thing was to get, not only the luck of getting both bindings but sheer quantity of mats needed as well. also... dont forget you also have to farm BWL, I know you haven't forgotten but most of them dont realize that. We tended to have the whole guild chip in just to make one.

Now the real question is will it matter, depending on what patch they roll on on classic TF could be half useless. The orginal TF was amazing, the procs alone generated a crazy amount of aggro, so much so I remeber pullung draggons from the other side of the room off that kite tank just from my sword procs.
    ORR we get the version of it after the nerfs towards the end of Vanilla. I think that was when they made it also one handed instead of just Main Hand.
    I never touched Vanilla. That's why I initially gave our stance on Thunderfury. I didn't realize how powerful it was for tanks. I'll happily admit I never played. Nor would I have at the time because I was having a lot of fun on FF11 with my Red Mage.

I and my friends intend to play casually. Maybe we won't get far but we will sure as hell have fun trying.

With the info I and our guild has now it'll probably go to a tank first.

Well if it is really that amazing as people are saying I'll talk to our guild and we will probably see if everyone is ok with the tanks getting it first then.
    If your MT does end up with one then your Warlocks and Fury Warriors will thank you - especially if you do go Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    2H enhance will also likely end up a popular filler-slot if your guild gives them Nightfall (pound for pound, Enhancement is the best for keeping up Nightfall procs if you do nothing but WF totems and autoattack to conserve mana, since WF procs can proc Nightfall's debuff).
    "Nightfall duty" - sad times. We stiffed our off-tanks with this and it was boring as fuck for the poor sods.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    I was first to get it in my vanilla guild on my rogue. Tank had very little difficulty keeping threat and with vanish etc I didn't have to hold back as much as you'd think. Second and third went to tanks, then rest went to rogues.
    Your guild distributed 5+ in vanilla? That's some impressive luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    If your MT does end up with one then your Warlocks and Fury Warriors will thank you - especially if you do go Horde.

"Nightfall duty" - sad times. We stiffed our off-tanks with this and it was boring as fuck for the poor sods.

Your guild distributed 5+ in vanilla? That's some impressive luck.
    Guess I'll throw it to our MT then. Cheers. Which ironically is our first Warrior.

As I said we are still undecided on faction. If we go Alliance then we get our 2 palas but Horde gets me Shaman. Although I do still have Hunter and Lock if we go Alliance.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The absolute most grindy? I couldn't say. In Legion the AP grind, or in Legion/WoD the grind for flight, more grindy than TF. As far as vanilla grinds go honestly the dungeon 2 set grind just because it looked cool was far more grindy than anything I ever had to do for Thunderfury. Shit if you want to know the truth of it just the Karazhan attunement was more effort than Thunderfury. The hardest part of Thunderfury was to get the bindings to drop. Then it was just gather a bunch of shit that you or your guildies had laying around anyway. The dude in Silithus for the last part was a total pushover.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilkarik View Post
    I'm so curious. I never got to play in vanilla and was only able to level to 60 before nost pulled the plug on elysium. How were thunderfury's handled in raiding guilds? Did guilds never stop farming molten core? Was it always a main tank item? Did they distribute it by rolls? Im so curious about it and excited to see all the drama plays out when classic rolls around. If you have an old experience or a private server experience with forging one please share bellow!!

P.S. I realize there is no way to know if people are lying/trolling but ill take what I can get. Try to be honest!
    when we raided back then, the bindings went to the most productive members of the guild first and foremost (of course taking into account if it was actual useful for them so rogues/warriors etc got first dibs assuming they met the requirements), so it was a pseudo reward for being nice and helpful in guild while also serving as a way for the guild to keep itself sustained for the needs of the raiders so there was always ore/herbs available for crafting, consumables and the like during raids so it was a win win situation for those involved and the guild as a whole.