Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    The alliance? if I remember correctly, the class halls that are neutrals helped them.
    Tyrande and her sentinels were half of the assault on the Surmar, the other half being Liadrin and her forces.

Did you forget the whole quest line involving the distrust between the two and Khadgar (and your character) trying to keep the peace between them?

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    Did you forget Tyrande fought besides blood elves and Nightborne at the front lines to free their city of demonic occupation? If you betray your own people, you should be at least verbally reprimanded
    Ofc I didn't. But she expressly stated she fought to get the Legion out, not to liberate the Nightborne. Her priorities were set in stone.

If you think all night elves are narcissists, you don't know anything about their lore. After the War of the Ancients, they basically collectively went ''we were bad, our ways were bad, let's ban all magic and be amazon warriors/hippies''. They only recently lifted the (death) penalty on practicing arcane magic and allowed the Highborne back into their society
    Hah, nah. If I did, I wouldn't play almost exclusively blood elves. They're very much stereotyped as the snooty, arrogant elves, when they have pretty sensible factions like the Farstriders, and other 'normal' individuals. Same for the night elves. Tyrande clearly made a choice on her people's behalf though, and the Alliance, with what she did and said to Thalyssra. There are WQ's where Liadrin states that they want to aid the Nightborne, and it for all intents and purposes sounds compassionate. While Tyrande just sounds like she looks down on them. She may look down on them for a reason, not faulting her for that, but she made it sound infantile.

So why would they even try to parley further with Tyrande when Liadrin and the blood elves have treated them fairly and bids them welcome with open arms in comparison? AND blood elves have had the addiction and breaking the addiction steps as well... So that Liadrin shows empathy, while Tyrande doesn't, just speaks to which race that has learned more in how to deal with it, and not leave others hanging who could use the help as well. Solidarity.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2018-01-04 at 07:25 PM.

Deleted
    Where the fuck is the Void area shown in VE into?

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Tyrande and her sentinels were half of the assault on the Surmar, the other half being Liadrin and her forces.

Did you forget the whole quest line involving the distrust between the two and Khadgar (and your character) trying to keep the peace between them?
    if I remember well how liadrin wanted to save the nightborne and tyrande wanted to use them as cannon fodder, I remember that the vanguard that broke the legion's defenses were the blood elves followed by the nightborne and the night elves entered the end.
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2018-01-04 at 08:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    patch 2.4, patch 3.3, patch 5.2, patch 6.0, patch 7.3

- - - Updated - - -

and Kael returned the favor by helping save her life, if it were not for Kael she would be dead
    i can agree with some of the patch stories (sunwell and isle for example) as they prominently show a sindorei force. For the others (at least in my opinion, im open to change) it is debatable.

My point is basically this whole thing seems so forced, it is literally held together by misunderstandings. Her words are as if not a single kaldorei showed up for "ages" when just as Arthas' betrayal is attributed to humans, orcs' problem to their demon puppeteering, much can be laid at the feet of the highborne for their usage of the well. Its almost as if blizz picked up one of those awful threads were horde biased and alliance biased people are bad mouthing each other and used that as material.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    Lmao, it is ridiculous how bad the writing is for the Suramar cutscenes.

''Tyrande spanked us with words after we betrayed our people 10 000 years ago, but she still helped us by supplying troops, warmachines and fought for our freedom herself at the front lines... she is NASTY and we HATE her''

''Ah yes, Tyrande has been super mean to us as well! Even though on that occasion, she too helped me, let us use this 5-year-old logic to base incredibly heavy decisions upon!''

Like what, are Thalyssra and Liadrin fucking children? This has got to be some of the worst writing ever in WoW and it puts the two elves in the joke character category...
    The writing and reasoning behind that whole dialogue is absolutely abysmal and pathetic. Just, wow...
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You're thinking too far back. I'm talking about the events of Mists of Pandaria.
    ah kk. i thought u meant the earlier pact when Zandalar allied with Lie Shen on the terms of resurrecting him if he dies, and him teaching them, and the Amani vs sindorei thing during the first war.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Elune-life-nature View Post
    And killing the Night Elves and support the horde in taking the Night Elven homeland. Most people doesn't mention this part.
    Ah, what? Is this in relation to BfA?

Deleted
    I wonder why the Nightborne didn't join the magic hating woman who basically said she expects them to be the next Hitler......hmmmmmmm -_-

Also Suramar didn't betray anyone, they were about to be annihilated and had no choice but to erect the force field. Then NO ONE even came to help them out of their jam.

Tyrande is also being racist, she's expecting the resistance leader to be exactly like the person they just toppled.....because they are the same race.
    Last edited by mmocd2f4dc063e; 2018-01-04 at 07:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    I think these intros give even more incentive for the high elves to fully join the alliance.
    High Elves are members of the Allaince? Just not playable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    ah kk. i thought u meant the earlier pact when Zandalar allied with Lie Shen on the terms of resurrecting him if he dies, and him teaching them, and the Amani vs sindorei thing during the first war.
    Nah, the first alliance was too far back for the younger race of elves to take glory.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Also the Night Elves HAVEN'T done **** until recently (WC3-onwards) The Blood Elves/High Elves have been in alliance with Humans for thousands of years, being active in the world. Whereas after the war of the ancients, the Nelves went radio silent and only jumped out to help when they were directly in danger ala the war of shifting sands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Nah, the first alliance was too far back for the younger race of elves to take glory.
    all of it to culminate in us getting some purple blood elves! lol.

ill hold off my judgement until later though. perhaps they can make it work and spin up a good story. hopefully.

if I remember well how liadrin wanted to save the nightborne and tyrande I wanted to use them as cannon fodder, I remember that the vanguard that broke the legion's defenses were the blood elves followed by the nightborne and the night elves entered the end.
    Oh no, Tyrande wanted Suramar citizens fight for their home, she didnt want to lose her own people.. Good thing that horde has this altruistic representative - Lady Lidarin, who surely sacrificed her own people first, because nightborne are too good to die.

I guess everything Liadrin did was just an act. Seeing what lies spreads just to get nightborne on her side... Her name should be LIEdrin.
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2018-01-04 at 07:55 PM.

I expected some kind of rejection from Tyrande, something that would seem credible that the Kaldorei straight up rejected the Shal'dorei.

-Thalyssra going to Darnassus and being called out by the Night elf population.
    -Tyrande caliing her a bitch and to fuck off.
    -Any actual experience with the people of the Alliance.

But no, its sound like "HOW DARE YOU CALL ME OUT FOR MY MISTAKES?"

Really blizzard?!

And Liandry....so cringe...
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    I expected some kind of rejection from Tyrande, something that would seem credible that the Kaldorei straight up rejected the Shal'dorei.

-Thalyssra going to Darnassus and being called out by the Night elf population.
    -Tyrande caliing her a bitch and to fuck off.
    -Any actual experience with the people of the Alliance.

But no, its sound like "HOW DARE YOU CALL ME OUT FOR MY MISTAKES?"

Really blizzard?!

And Liandry....so cringe...
    .....What mistakes did Thalyssra make?

i can agree with some of the patch stories (sunwell and isle for example) as they prominently show a sindorei force. For the others (at least in my opinion, im open to change) it is debatable.

My point is basically this whole thing seems so forced, it is literally held together by misunderstandings. Her words are as if not a single kaldorei showed up for "ages" when just as Arthas' betrayal is attributed to humans, orcs' problem to their demon puppeteering, much can be laid at the feet of the highborne for their usage of the well. Its almost as if blizz picked up one of those awful threads were horde biased and alliance biased people are bad mouthing each other and used that as material.
    argent tournament

bloodsworn talador

argus

Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    .....What mistakes did Thalyssra make?
    Suramar stood besides the Legion for a time, then, Elisandre changed sides and closed the portal on the temple of Elune.Which is nice.

But then they refused to help the rest of the resistance force in fighting the Legion, and hid themselfs in the shield.

Thalyssra may not be the one who made the choice, but she at that moment spoke for the Nightborne.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

10+ Year Old Account
    argent tournament

bloodsworn talador

argus
    come on man you know that the nightelves in man of those cases are just behind the scenes due to the whole Alliance human high king thing. saying "hiding in trees while we saved the world" is sounding exactly like those people on the biased threads. the sunwell has to be blood elf its their place afterall be kinda odd if they didnt spearhead, though many also argue that it was the shattered sun offensive which is a neutral faction rather than just blood elves. for the sunreavers its the sameish argument, that would be like me saying, well malfurion was the first druid so the cenarion circle belongs to him and since hes night elf it would be alliance.

but anyway my point isnt that.

my point is them stretching it to make it seem totally smooth. think about it. no one can argue why the orcs are for the horde, or the trolls, etc etc. its kinda eye opening no that there is so much debate on this and we somehow end up with purple blood elves in the name of void elves in the alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by Elune-life-nature View Post
    This cannon fodder is an absolute headcanon. Read the quest chains. The nightborne themselves insisted to have a place in the conflict. And there isn't a single scene showing Night Elves using the Nightborne in anyway. After Blood Elves broke the frontal forces, the Night Elves were on the front line pushing to the center of the city.
    tyrande

lady liadrin

The nightborne were sought to have allies to the elves who showed respect and friendship

- - - Updated - - -

come on man you know that the nightelves in man of those cases are just behind the scenes due to the whole Alliance human high king thing. saying "hiding in trees while we saved the world" is sounding exactly like those people on the biased threads. the sunwell has to be blood elf its their place afterall be kinda odd if they didnt spearhead, though many also argue that it was the shattered sun offensive which is a neutral faction rather than just blood elves. for the sunreavers its the sameish argument, that would be like me saying, well malfurion was the first druid so the cenarion circle belongs to him and since hes night elf it would be alliance.

but anyway my point isnt that.

my point is them stretching it to make it seem totally smooth. think about it. no one can argue why the orcs are for the horde, or the trolls, etc etc. its kinda eye opening no that there is so much debate on this and we somehow end up with purple blood elves in the name of void elves in the alliance?
    the nightborne joined the horde in reality because of the players of the alliance who asked that the blood elf model be playable in the alliance.
    Many times I read to players of the alliance to say that they gave to the horde the nightborne and that the alliance has the blood elf model.
    Now they have what they wanted.