Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Yea those profit prisons that hold a whopping 7% of inmates
    ... and? I am not sure what your point is. This will add prisoners to these prisons. If the number going to both private and public maintains that percentage, private prisons net a profit, while your number hides it.

Conversely if you were against the lady in kentucky you should support sessions.
    No, class one drugs and marriage, do not even share the same department. It’s Drugs, alcohol and firearms... which of the remaining 2 do you want to compare to pot? Guns or alcohol? Marriage don’t work, bro... we are not all Rastafarian...

- - - Updated - - -
    @satimy let me explain how your use of percentages is disingenuous bullshit. If 100 prisoners are arrested. 93 go to public prison and 7 got private. Did your percentage change? Was there a gain for private prisons? Care to try again?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Conversely if you were against the lady in kentucky you should support sessions.
    not necessarily. I should have added that people used states rights as the reason to oppose the federal gay marriage ruling. If you don't think states rights are absolute then you can indeed be against or for both.

The states rights people are the ones being hypocritical. Sorry for not being clearer in my previous post.

If any of you think that Hillary was going to be any different or more lenient then you are very, very, very, very, very naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    not necessarily. I should have added that people used states rights as the reason to oppose the federal gay marriage ruling. If you don't think states rights are absolute then you can indeed be against or for both.

The states rights people are the ones being hypocritical. Sorry for not being clearer in my previous post.
    One law is protecting minorities from discriminatory practices that make them second class citizens to another. The other law is an out dated law built upon fear mongering that has cost the U.S. billions over the years and should be abolished. Especially when the U.S. is having massive opioid epidemic that claims thousands of lives a year versus a drug that claims zero lives a year. Now which one should the Keebler Elf be worried about. Oh wait I forgot he has stocks in private prisons so he has to make sure to keep people arrested on non violent marijuana possession laws so he keeps making money.

This is a mistake by the GOP. It is against State rights and is old Guard swamp-creature thinking. I hope they come around on this issue because the war on drugs needs to come to an end. This seriously makes me question having Sessions as AG.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post

"Well in marijuanas case I like what Clarence Thomas said about state marijuana laws and the federal government using the commerce clause to legitimize the federal marijuana law.

Respondents Diane Monson and Angel Raich use marijuana that has never been bought or sold, that has never crossed state lines, and that has had no demonstrable effect on the national market for marijuana. If Congress can regulate this under the Commerce Clause, then it can regulate virtually anything—and the Federal Government is no longer one of limited and enumerated powers.

Respondent's local cultivation and consumption of marijuana is not "Commerce... among the several States."

[...]

Certainly no evidence from the founding suggests that "commerce" included the mere possession of a good or some personal activity that did not involve trade or exchange for value. In the early days of the Republic, it would have been unthinkable that Congress could prohibit the local cultivation, possession, and consumption of marijuana.

[...]

If the Federal Government can regulate growing a half-dozen cannabis plants for personal consumption (not because it is interstate commerce, but because it is inextricably bound up with interstate commerce), then Congress' Article I powers – as expanded by the Necessary and Proper Clause – have no meaningful limits. Whether Congress aims at the possession of drugs, guns, or any number of other items, it may continue to "appropria[te] state police powers under the guise of regulating commerce."

[...]

If the majority is to be taken seriously, the Federal Government may now regulate quilting bees, clothes drives, and potluck suppers throughout the 50 States. This makes a mockery of Madison's assurance to the people of New York that the "powers delegated" to the Federal Government are "few and defined", while those of the States are "numerous and indefinite."

I would put the institution of marriage in the same boat, as its not really mandated in the constitution for the federal government to regulate, which would have invalidated DOMA and solved this in the 90s

10+ Year Old Account
    I would put the institution of marriage in the same boat, as its not really mandated in the constitution for the federal government to regulate, which would have invalidated DOMA and solved this in the 90s
    Eh. Technically marriage is a legal contact between two parties which means parts of the Constitution do indeed apply. I suppose the argument could be made that states have to recognize gay marriage but don't have to perform it.... But at that point it becomes an under burden for gay people which then violates at least the spirit of the 14th amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by brimdog View Post
    If any of you think that Hillary was going to be any different or more lenient then you are very, very, very, very, very naive.
    Dude, at least put some effort in baiting the hook! >_<

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Gotta get for profit prisons running some how.
    Pretty much called it when the orange buffoon re-enacted the right to run for-profit private federal prisons the first month on his throne.

Expect US Marshals raids in CA and CO this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post

The converse of a statement isn't necessarily valid.

Logic is hard.
    My statement wasn't a logical converse

There's no reason why republicans can't embrace this issue. There's a large number of conservatives that still value state's rights and the right for citizens to make their own choices and be responsible for themselves. It doesn't have to be about being pro weed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    There's no reason why republicans can't embrace this issue.
    Stupidity, racism, and a desire to imprison their political opponents like the 3rd world dictators they supported.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    He said if you support sessions then you should oppose the lady in kentucky. Otherwise you're a hypocrite. You literally said "conversely if you oppose the lady in kentucky then you should support sessions"

That is a literal logical converse.
    no its not

10char

It won't change a lot. Legal pot was STILL ILLEGAL under federal law before today and it still is after today. This is just a political juggle. Three more years we won't have to worry about it.. because what we have learned from this president is it only takes about a year to 6 months for a totally incompetent administration to dismantle progress so it should only take competent one about 3 to 6 months to undo the stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    My statement wasn't a logical converse
    It was... in fact, there are already thousands of people in jail for pot. Not one woman taking an ideological stance, but thousands of those who were actively found, while trying to avoid being caught. Being in jail for pot, isn’t a mater of taking a defiant stance, then choosing to go to jail.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Lowest level of whataboutism I've seen on here. What does Hillary have to do with any of this?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It was... in fact, there are already thousands of people in jail for pot. Not one woman taking an ideological stance, but thousands of those who were actively found, while trying to avoid being caught. Being in jail for pot, isn’t a mater of taking a defiant stance, then choosing to go to jail.
    Which is one of the biggest problem in America we have the highest incarceration rate in the entire world or at least among first world countries and most are non violent drug offenses. That we continue to use a law built on fear mongering and lies that has helped cost the American tax payers billions in the war on drugs which has been nothing but a huge joke. It is beyond insanity thousands of lives ruined because of weed which causes no deaths yet smoking and alcohol kills hundreds of thousands of peoples a year in the U.S. alone and they are perfectly legal. Weed needs to be removed as an illegal drug at the federal level and just tax it. Free up our jails and makes billions off tax revenue a win win.

- - - Updated - - -

Keebler Elf has his priorities straight. Go after states for a drug that causes 0 deaths a year and nothing to help combat the opioid epidemic that is ever growing in our nation. Good job Keebler Elf keep the Trump Administration batting average at 0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'd be more than happy if they made it illegal to drink and smoke outside.
    Well yeah, but we probably need to address our mental healthcare issues before trying to tackle that one. Smoking and drinking as coping mechanisms are indicative of untreated mental health issues.

Afaik, public drinking is actually illegal in several states (I'll be honest, I haven't checked how many).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I don't know of any dealers willing to carry more than 1 type of drug. Makes it easier to get distribution charges when you do that.
    Professional dealers have nothing on them, everything is compartmentalized. At one guy you order, he sends to the guy who takes the cash, who sends you to the third guy who hands you your product. Might sound stupid but the reason the show The Wire is held in such high regards is its authenticity, including dealing pratices.

btt: The war on drugs failed, has cost billions of dollars, ruinded thousand of lives, and produced the biggest prison complex in the world. For what? The feeling of moral superiority for a few hundred.
    Learn from the Netherlands and/or Portugal about decriminalization of drugs and proper treatment of addicts.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_Portugal
    Last edited by segara82; 2018-01-05 at 10:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    One would think the Republicans would learn from their mistakes but it seems they are still just as foolish as ever and want to dictate morality just as much as Dems. This is a suicide move and will cause many independents to once again not support the GOP.
    They've always dictated morally they're the party of Christian have you fucking read the bible... The problems is their constituents don't hold them accountable for shit.

- - - Updated - - -

It was an Obama era thing why would she touch it this? Instead of but Hillary can we hold the people that caused the problem accountable for once. I know theirs a lot of "woke" people in the thread but let's stay on topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    It won't change a lot. Legal pot was STILL ILLEGAL under federal law before today and it still is after today. This is just a political juggle. Three more years we won't have to worry about it.. because what we have learned from this president is it only takes about a year to 6 months for a totally incompetent administration to dismantle progress so it should only take competent one about 3 to 6 months to undo the stupid.
    It could effect multi-billion dollar industry and waste times for no other reason than fuck it which is the problem. This is a net negative, I don't even smoke weed and I think this is stupid.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!