Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why Arms has so many buttons?

I just can't bind all of them. I have no problem with 5 buttons Furry spec, but Arms, omg, how do you bind all of your abilities? I am not good at using buttons from nmb. 5 - 9 and F5 - F10. They are too far away from my fingers, so i am forced to take more passive talents which i don't like too.
    I use 5 mouse buttons, regular numbers from 1 to 5 and q,e,r,t,v,b,c,f. Sometimes i bind F buttons from f1 to f4, but it's hard to play a melee class with F buttons, it's way easier to do it with range class.
    Ability pruning my ass.

7+ Year Old Account
    is this real?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they have so many...... Arms!!!!

*I'll show myself out*

Deleted
    you also hav the shift and ctrl options.. but please the prunning must be stopped. my druid has lost alot of ablitys unless he's in that peculuar spec..

What? Arms is probably THE LEAST button clogged spec in the ENTIRE GAME.

Deleted
    OP wants this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    What? Arms is probably THE LEAST button clogged spec in the ENTIRE GAME.
    Are you kidding me? Do you take any of your active Talents and PvP Talents? Just log in and check how many buttons you can have as Arms, compared to Furry, Affliction or Vengeance. MW Monk and Holy Priest are two exceptions: they both have even more buttons than Arms.
    Obviously you guys just take passive talents, but that's your problem.

Arms: dmg only abilities:
    1.Slam
    2.Victory rush
    3.Mortal strike
    4.Execute
    5.Colosus Smash
    6.Cleave
    7.Hamstring
    8.Whirlwind
    9.Battle cry
    10.Bladestorm
    11.Charge
    12.Heroic Throw
    13.Overpower
    14.Rend
    15.Warbreaker
    + at least two active pvp talents
    + non damaging abilities ( 5 or 6 of them, maybe 7)

Fury:
    1.Execute
    2.Bloodthirst
    3.Furious Slash
    4.Rampage
    5.Enrage
    6.Raging Blow
    7.Whirlwind
    8.Battle cry
    9.Charge
    10.Odyn's Fury
    11.Heroic throw
    All passive talents, because of poor choice of active ones.
    Maybe one active pvp talent

Who's trolling now?
    I didn't say i want less abilities, i just wanna now how do you bind all of these ...
    Last edited by mmoc4f70414cfa; 2018-01-05 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    5.Enrage

???
    10 chars

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DanThePaladin View Post
    Because they have so many...... Arms!!!!

*I'll show myself out*

Many of the buttons you mentioned are situational, such as charge and victory rush and are not rotational.

If you don't want to macro or use shift or buy a gaming mouse you can still use keybinds for the simple rotation. If you are using every on use talent you are going to have a cluttered rotation though, and if Icy Veins is correct sub optimal anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    ???
    10 chars
    Ups, my bad. So even less than

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you kidding me? Do you take any of your active Talents and PvP Talents? Just log in and check how many buttons you can have as Arms, compared to Furry, Affliction or Vengeance. MW Monk and Holy Priest are two exceptions: they both have even more buttons than Arms.

1.Slam
    2.Victory rush
    3.Mortal strike
    4.Execute
    5.Colosus Smash
    6.Cleave
    7.Hamstring
    8.Whirlwind
    9.Battle cry
    10.Bladestorm
    11.Charge
    12.Heroic Throw
    13.Overpower
    14.Rend
    15.Warbreaker

Fury:
    1.Execute
    2.Bloodthirst
    3.Furious Slash
    4.Rampage
    5.Enrage
    6.Raging Blow
    7.Whirlwind
    8.Battle cry
    9.Charge
    10.Odyn's Fury
    11.Heroic throw
    All passive talents, because of poor active ones choice.

Who's trolling now?
    I didn't say i want less abilities, i just wanna now how do you bind all of these ...
    I use

1-4
    Shift+1-4
    Q
    Shift+Q
    F
    G
    X
    Shift+X
    C for any interrupt
    Z
    Shift+Z
    Shift+W
    Shift+X
    Shift+S

And I have two side buttons on my mouse that I key along with the Shift+ variations of them, and also pushing down the mouse wheel for trinket.

I usually have about 20-24 things keyed up.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Thanks for the laugh this morning, lol.

If you're trying to individually bind every skill (also you left Avatar out of both specs) you're going to run into a problem like this.

You should look into modifiers (ex: shift + 1 is my binding for Charge).

Personally I utilize shift, alt, and ctrl modifiers so that cuts down on the individual keys needing to be bound. I also have most "rotational" bound to keys on my mouse, including mousewheel up and down and shift modifiers on mouse bindings as well.

Your approach to keybinding would be difficult for any class and spec, time for a change
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinka View Post
    OP wants this.

Haha I remember having that bug, oh WoD, you big troll

I am so used to a naga mouse I'm not sure how I could play without it, and as other have suggested, I use shift for a lot of my abilities.

One I don't see mentioned in your set up, mouse wheel up/down, shift plus up/down. Also, you can use mouse wheel as a button too, and with shift. That's 6 additional binds. Because I'm old (48 and counting thankfully) and have arthritis, I use mouse wheel down for BT, mouse wheel up for RB. Shift MW down for FS, shift MW down for Rampage. This makes it a lot easier on my old hands.

I've had to change my keybinds several times over the past couple years because of pains in my hands and arms.

I do agree that PVP will bring to light buttons you wouldn't normally use in PVE. Though I don't PvP very often.

Anyway - good luck.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Your best bet is to familiarize yourself with shift+ and ctrl+ macros.
    So, you can have MS as your Button 1, then have Vistory rush as Shift+Button 1, as an example.
    That way, your non-modified ability that you use will be just the button, but when you need that VR, hit shift and button, so it's out of the way.
    Figure out which is better/more comfortable to use, shift or ctrl, then put your medium cds on + binds of the better one, then your odd situational ones (like heroic throw) on a + bind of the lesser one.

Also, if you play any other classes or specs for warrior with any frequency, a tip I usually offer others is to group buttons by their usage.
    For instance, I have fury BT bound to '1', then as arms I have MS bound to '1' because, in my mind, they kind of serve the same purpose as far as rotations go, so when I switch specs, I don't have to focus on what's what.
    Then I have shift+ for things like avatar because I want to use it, but I don't want it to take up prime real estate.
    I use 1-5, q,e,f,g for primary abilities, which are rotational 10sec or less, with shift+ for my cds and ctrl+ for situationals.
    I tried using a naga, but I guess I've just been gaming too long or otherwise have some mental limitations because I just can't get the hang of it, so keyboard binds are a life saver for me.

you could get one of those extra keyboards thats made for gaming, that strictly has like buttons for attacks etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithix View Post
    Hahahahaha. Love the URL "Talented People Leave"

Thats totally me!

1.Slam
    2.Victory rush
    3.Mortal strike
    4.Execute
    5.Colosus Smash
    6.Cleave
    7.Hamstring
    8.Whirlwind
    9.Battle cry
    10.Bladestorm
    11.Charge
    12.Heroic Throw
    13.Overpower
    14.Rend
    15.Warbreaker

Fury:
    1.Execute
    2.Bloodthirst
    3.Furious Slash
    4.Rampage
    5.Enrage
    6.Raging Blow
    7.Whirlwind
    8.Battle cry
    9.Charge
    10.Odyn's Fury
    11.Heroic throw
    All passive talents, because of poor choice of active ones.

Who's trolling now?
    You know you don't actually use all those buttons, and a lot of them can be macro'd right? Also, how are you going to say "All passive talents, because of poor choice of active ones." for Fury, and then include Overpower and Rend (without T20) for Arms?

Warrior in general has a lot more buttons than many specs now, but they both have a low button count rotation, especially T21 Arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    You know you don't actually use all those buttons, and a lot of them can be macro'd right? Also, how are you going to say "All passive talents, because of poor choice of active ones." for Fury, and then include Overpower and Rend (without T20) for Arms?

Warrior in general has a lot more buttons than many specs now, but they both have a low button count rotation, especially T21 Arms.
    Don't come here with your knowledge! xD
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar