Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

New PvP loading screen? Lmao

What is going on here? Why does this loading screen look like a bad version of dark legacy comics crossed with Carbot animation? is this the look the art department is going for because good lord it is super out of place! i love the winter ab background, its ominous as fk, but what is this? why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Different art-style for sure.

I knew there was a reason i didn't pvp

Remember kids: nothing is final yet!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this, really. Looks neat and from a different perspective than just, 'this is your scenery' type like all the others have.

FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Horde looks OK.

Ally looks really bad. The one at the charge should be a dwarf because of the hair, but why would that... thing... even point its sword towards the azurite?

The worgen doesn't even have a worgen bottom half. It looks like a human with a dog mask.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstorm View Post
    Horde looks OK.

Ally looks really bad. The one at the charge should be a dwarf because of the hair, but why would that... thing... even point its sword towards the azurite?

The worgen doesn't even have a worgen bottom half. It looks like a human with a dog mask.
    I can't even tell what the one leading the Alliance charge is. An orange Pandaren? A small fat human with a beak?

Looks like the garrison loading screens.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. Its no worse than the anime-Sylvanas load screen.

In other news, taste in art is subjective. More as it develops.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    What is going on here? Why does this loading screen look like a bad version of dark legacy comics crossed with Carbot animation? is this the look the art department is going for because good lord it is super out of place! i love the winter ab background, its ominous as fk, but what is this? why?
    I commented in the same fashion in the news thread once it was first shown on this site.

It is a complete mess. The first Alliance soldier looks like a fox with braids, the worgen looks like a human who just came from a Halloween party and forgot to take his werewolf mask off. I can't even tell what the last two are meant to represent, but I assume it is a human and a draenei. I honestly had no idea what the first Alliance soldier represents for like half a minute. Thought this was fanart and someone was pulling a vulpera joke. The tauren looks like a depressed dingo that is giving us a toothless grin.

It is really horrible. I like the cartoonish style of WoW represented in the game, but I am used to seeing well-drawn art or art that makes it possible for me to at least reckognize the characters represented. Chronicles v3 has the same kind of art going on(equally horrible) and I hope that Blizzard makes some quick changes in the art department when it comes to this aspect of it.

The models all look horrible, otherwise I wouldn’t mind the rest of it, or its different style... It almost looks like it’s a Guild Wars II loading screen, haha!

Other than the weird looking Gnome with a beak and Worgen (human wearing a wolf mask), I’d say it’s ok. Nevertheless, overall it just doesn’t seem to “fit” relative to the high level of polish and detail of the other loading screens, but that’s just my opinion.
    Last edited by Kynario; 2018-01-07 at 11:39 AM.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Somehow reminds me of the toy weapon toys we got on christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstorm View Post
    Horde looks OK.

The screen would actually look well if they left the Horde and Alliance characters out of it. Two skyships arriving and overlooking the area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I like it. Its no worse than the anime-Sylvanas load screen.

In other news, taste in art is subjective. More as it develops.
    tbf, the Sylvanas picture on EK loading screen is horrendous. They should've kept the old picture they had on Sylvanas (made my Wei Wang), same goes for Varian..
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted
    OMYGOD they experimented a slightly different art design for a loading screen.

Can you believe it ?? A WHOLE loading screen !!

How dare they ???

7+ Year Old Account
    I like the "idea" of that art... I just wish they made it more detailed when it got to the alliance races. I mean, just look at the worgen's mouth - it looks so goofy! And the face of the dwarf who is charging look so weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Micka Steelspark View Post
    tbf, the Sylvanas picture on EK loading screen is horrendous. They should've kept the old picture they had on Sylvanas (made my Wei Wang), same goes for Varian..
    It's odd how they used to change the loading screen for EK & Kal every expansion, then some expansions stopped (Which is a shame because these are the worst ones). They better update them on this expansion, especially since most of the characters on the loading screens are not really around anymore as 'main characters'. x_x
    Last edited by Sigxy; 2018-01-07 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Added post

It's rather funny actually. I like it.

It's as if the BG chat came to life.

The same artist seems to be behind the PvP brawl screens too. You can tell because the Arathi winter battleground has an Alliance soldier with a tootpick for a sword and the felstalker the undead warlock sends at him looks like a quadripedal chicken without feathers.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. The alliance pandaren looks funny.

BfA using cel shaded animation confirmed.

Yeah, it’s pretty garbage. Looks like a GW2 art style pic but worse.

And to think people still pay money for this game...