Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

7.3.5 PTR leveling experience...

A bit late to the party, i know, but i finally got around to trying out the PTR. I made a dwarf paladin and...the troggs just wouldn't die! So i did what any sane man would. I logged on a lvl 21 druid that i have on some crappy realm and copied her on PTR too, so that i could compare numbers.
    A lvl 20 spider in Duskwood on life has 547 HP compared to 1227 on PTR.
    You need 29.100 xp to get to 22 on live, compared to a whooping 46.560.
    Quests give about the same xp, a bit less on PTR but it might have to do with level scaling.
    But mob kills give the same amount of xp.
    Damage has gone down a bit, not that much tho, but overall stats are lower.
    So yeah...glad i already have all classes at 110...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEVD...ature=youtu.be for the actual video proof.

15+ Year Old Account
    If lvling becomes harder, maybe ppl will get "forced" to use utility/CC skills while lvling, MAYBE we will get less mouthbreathing idiots at max lvl.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

And as someone else who has done it on PTR and dealt with this topic.

The new system is fine. It isn't going to suddenly take you another week to level if you already level quickly.

While mob health and xp requirements are up in return the quest xp was actually tuned a bit higher in some areas to represent it and the damage mobs do is still very low.

And xp scaling is the reason the XP rewards weren't changed much you are right. Because you can go to more places to level now.

I'm personally looking forward to leveling being somewhat relevant again. I still maintain the only thing missing in the old world are world quests. Although I maintain it's stupid they got rid of the 300% XP pot. Plus being able to go where I want for the most part is a huge bonus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    If lvling becomes harder, maybe ppl will get "forced" to use utility/CC skills while lvling, MAYBE we will get less mouthbreathing idiots at max lvl.
    It really won't sadly.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-01-07 at 02:11 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Vanilla was filled with "mouthbreathing idiots at max lvl". So get off your high horse, and realise, that the leveling has never, and will never, be hard in this game.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I think you are still killing mobs too fast on PTR. Roughly said they did the mob HP x2.5. I would love to see it set to x4 from the current health bars on live.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Those that've already wanted to play WoW have basically all done so, there's not really a whole lot of new players that'll flock to the game anymore as proven by WoD and Legion.

And everyone gets one high level char thanks to the boosts these days, so it's very likely that you'll still see the same amount of idiots as you do now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Vanilla was filled with "mouthbreathing idiots at max lvl". So get off your high horse, and realise, that the leveling has never, and will never, be hard in this game.
    True, idiots will be idiots regardless, they dont want to ever improve.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Blizzards idea of making things harder is to make things more grindy even if its just killing a boar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    Blizzards idea of making things harder is to make things more grindy even if its just killing a boar
    That's my main problem. It's not really more interesting. Especially since as someone said above there aren't that many new players, it's mostly old players who've already leveled countless characters and i don't think taking longer is something that's gonna help the game. But yeah Blizz wants to sell more character boosts so there we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    That's my main problem. It's not really more interesting. Especially since as someone said above there aren't that many new players, it's mostly old players who've already leveled countless characters and i don't think taking longer is something that's gonna help the game. But yeah Blizz wants to sell more character boosts so there we go.
    If you say so.

I'm sure that is their only reason. Not like the players wanted leveling to have a go over or anything.

And "taking longer" is an overstatement. If it takes you a week to level now it's really not going to take longer. Stop blowing it out of proportion.

Oh and how will the "sell more boosts" thing work for Allied Races? The whole idea of Heritage Armor is that you level to earn it. Boosting does not grant you it. And I imagine people won't want to miss out on them the first time for the sake of owning it.

If you want to boost because it will take you an extra day or two to level then go for it. I just think £49 for what could be at max a couple/a few extra days is silly. But don't blame the new leveling because you can't manage a few extra days at max.

I'll repeat what I said. The new system is fine. The xp tweaks are minimal because you have more places to level now essentially. Rather than being restricted to a few zones for 45-50 or 30-35 for example.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-01-07 at 02:35 PM.

It is funny to me that people think they changed this because they want to sell more boosts. That's a pretty ignorant way to look at it. These changes are made to make leveling a better experience, to give people a reason finish some content.

You think they need those boosts? They don't. You know why? Tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    It is funny to me that people think they changed this because they want to sell more boosts. That's a pretty ignorant way to look at it. These changes are made to make leveling a better experience, to give people a reason finish some content.

You think they need those boosts? They don't. You know why? Tokens.
    The zones scale now so all they had to really do is make the mobs harder not really mess with the reduce the amount of xp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptar View Post
    I think you are still killing mobs too fast on PTR. Roughly said they did the mob HP x2.5. I would love to see it set to x4 from the current health bars on live.
    They should also remove heirlooms, triple the xp requirements to make it to 60, remove flight paths, bring back weapon skills, make you walk up to level 40 (running should cause fatigue), remove resting bonus and your gear should expire once durability is out.

I loved so much the new levelling experience that i'll level at least 3 new chars once 7.3.5 hits.
    It's slower, harder and much more fun.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

They didn't do this to make leveling harder. They did it so you wouldn't just 1 shot every mob, which is boring and doesn't feel like a game at all.

The idea is that a player will need to go through a full rotation to kill a mob rather than have it explode to the first thing that targets it.

Issue is, being that Blizzard now sell Character boosts, couldn't people simply now say "Well Levelling is harder to sell them boosts"

Before levelling was easily done to the point it made a Character Boost a waste of money being how easily done it was, now if it much more harder and more of a grind...

Regardless I want A void and Dark Iron at max level either way.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    They didn't do this to make leveling harder. They did it so you wouldn't just 1 shot every mob, which is boring and doesn't feel like a game at all.

The idea is that a player will need to go through a full rotation to kill a mob rather than have it explode to the first thing that targets it.
    Yeah. I actually wanted to level a Horde toon after so many years on Alliance but it's so easy you actually get bored.
    As soon as 7.3.5 hits i'll level a new Horde toon without +XP Heirlooms (I'll use the weapon / trinkets / amulet) and without dungeons / BGs.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    I loved so much the new levelling experience that i'll level at least 3 new chars once 7.3.5 hits.
    It's slower, harder and much more fun.
    Why is it exactly much more fun? The current leveling process is a mess, so I'm glad they are fixing it, but for any player who is serious about end-game, leveling is something that you want to get out of the way as fast as possible. I don't see the fun of wacking mobs in 3 hits (instead of 1) and having to run between places a lot.

Didn't stop "mouthbreathing idiots" from reaching max level in Classic, won't stop them now.

If they are making mobs die 2.5x slower, they should then reward 10x more XP for killing them.