Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Why judge people by the fact that they're not from the same patch of dirt that you're happened to be born on?
    - Dare not to sleep -

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    Context anyone? He's talking about people moving across the world, that's not been a thing in Sweden until very recently. People who came here in the past were other europeans, mainly other nordics. The spike in the 60s you see there, that was a shitload of finns coming to work along with some other europeans. Not arabs, not africans. Europeans who live in close proximity to the country, not people who move across the world. Most of those coming in the past were very similar culturally due to being from cultures in close proximity to ours.
    So it's the brown people you have problems with? please be more specific next time. So yes I agree Sweden has never been invaded with so many non whites.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You know xenophobia has irrational in the definition right? What you are talking about is rational. Can you honestly say it's rational to be xenophobic towards a Canadian for example?
    These days, if the fear is justified or not it matters not. It's all branded as xenophobia all the same. Thus the world lost any meaning it used to have, now it's just another label that people keep throwing at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    So it's the brown people you have problems with? please be more specific next time. So yes I agree Sweden has never been invaded with so many non whites.
    The only people I've ever met who are even remotely to be considered brown are thais and I have no problem with them. Arabs or africans on the other hand? Yes, but they're white and black, not brown.

The biggest problem with immigrants is them breeding like rabbits when the natives feel they can't even support a family.

Nothing wrong with pride in your land. Nothing wrong with wanting people to enter it legally. But to just blindly label them all as something that is wrong or to be afraid of its just stupid.

The only people I've ever met who are brown are thais and I have no problem with them. Arabs or africans on the other hand? Yes, but they're white and black, not brown.
    They aren't Europeans your post said your concerns were for non European immigration no need to call them nice, it's fine that you don't like them can't change how you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007p View Post
    Take a look at all the xenophobic nations, Japan.. etc they all seem to be doing just fine. Why can’t western society just wake ourselves up and stop accepting baggage. One death due to terrorism is too much we need to understand the root of the problem. I notice one thing with western society in particular is that we jump onto new ideas very quickly, this has caused nothing but trouble. I read this article and honestly if it weren’t for the current childish social justice political climate we’ve degraded ourselves into I would not be in fear of speaking up on this. The question I leave with you with; is xenophobia really that bad?

Article reference -
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/townhall...0%3Famp%3Dtrue
    While I'm no fan of social justice, the statement ". . . we need to understand the root of the problem." and arguing in favor of xenophobia contradict one another. A xenophobic approach would just be the polar opposite to the naively open social justice approach which isn't much better. We need to address the reality of the situation and not just run off of preconceived notions.

They aren't Europeans your post said your concerns were for non European immigration no need to call them nice, it's fine that you don't like them can't change how you feel.
    Yeah, because arabs and africans bring problems. Thais however do not. No, I didn't express concern for non-european immigration, I've consistently expressed concern with arab or african immigration, not east or southeast asian.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The most Xenophobic cultures in the world are the ones you (the western world) feel xenophobic about. i say this being Egyptian myself and able to see its effects around me.
    look how fantastically prosperous xenophobia has made us become, and then rethink your strategy to combat how to handle your own.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with it. Way too much immigration in many countries...which sucks for the countries.

Well
    As a non european, even though id love to live in europe if i could; id not let any immigrants to EU if i were you. Most of us dont deserve to live in a civilizied european country. We will ruin it.

Immigrants do not get to influence swedish culture just because they're here. They can't make us accept something we won't accept, that's not how any of that works. They are incapable of bringing on changes to the culture that are not accepted.
    As an American where we all accept that you can have your culture and I can have my culture and we all get along somehow, I find your stance to be the epitome of hilarity. when you say Multiculturalism in regards to Europe it’s always with an * because clearly the concept is well beyond you guys, for some reason cough*.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2018-01-07 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    As an American where we all accept that you can have your culture and I can have my culture and we all get along somehow, I find your stance to be the epitome of hilarity. when you say Multiculturalism in regards to Europe it’s always with an * because clearly the concept is well beyond you guys, for some reason cough*.
    Considering the problems you have in the US and you say you all get along then I think we don't have an anywhere close to the same idea of what "get along" means.

Yeah, because arabs and africans bring problems. Thais however do not. No, I didn't express concern for non-european immigration, I've consistently expressed concern with arab or african immigration, not east or southeast asian.
    Okay let's summarize then although Sweden has experienced similar immigration in the past you are concerned because you believe all Arabs and Africans are problems.

P.S you are okay with the Asians, better now?

Okay let's summarize then although Sweden has experienced similar immigration in the past you are concerned because you believe all Arabs and Africans are problems.

P.S you are okay with the Asians, better now?
    No, because we haven't experienced similar immigration in the past. The people coming in the past were labor migrants who came to work, were more culturally similar to us due to proximity and needed to have some kind of education to show to even get in(With the exception of people from balkan in the 90s which was a temporary spike and not decades long like with arabs and africans), unlike the people who come here under the pretense of being refugees from african and arab nations and then behave like invaders.

No, because we haven't experienced similar immigration in the past. The people coming in the past were labor migrants who came to work, were more culturally similar to us due to proximity and needed to have some kind of education to show to even get in(With the exception of people from balkan in the 90s which was a temporary spike and not decades long like with arabs and africans), unlike the people who come here under the pretense of being refugees from african and arab nations and then behave like invaders.
    Sorry number wise you have those are the facts just because you don't count them because they were Europeans doesn't change that fact that they were not Swedish born.

Considering the problems you have in the US and you say you all get along then I think we don't have an anywhere close to the same idea of what "get along" means.
    Problems? Like what? Name 3 Off the top of your head.

Xenophobia is wrong because its counterproductive. Sure, Japan has always tried to seal itself off against foreigners, but it's not a coincidence that the greatest advances in their economic and societal development came when the barbarians broke down the gates and forced their way in anyway. And when countries do manage to successfully seal their borders against invasion, they tend to find themselves short on workers and needing to coax outsiders to come do all the dirty work for them. I can't see why so many people are in favor of some monocultural society when there isn't a single example of that actually working.

7+ Year Old Account
    It leads to cultural stagnation. When you look at cultures that have gone a long period without influxes of new people they come to a point where they cease to advance and become overly insular. Ironically, in the case of east Asia this is exactly what was happening until relatively recently, it's why the far less xenophobic west was so technologically advanced in comparison. You can also see this in the middle east, where places like Iran went from a modern country to the current status due to extremely xenophobic practices.

As for your first example, Japan is actually the least xenophobic is has been in the last several centuries. Japanese people take pride in learning English (and frequently practice it with foreigners), cover their products with English phrases and often treat tourists as minor celebrities. Japan is isolated less xenophobic.