Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can see them removing the rep requirements after BfA is done, but I'm not sure about even that. I think Blizz is getting tired of making content that nobody ever uses ever again, especially when the content is as grandiose as the Suramar storyline and Argus. The stuff is well made and reignites a lot of that old spark for the game, it seems natural to want new players to experience it to unlock certain rewards.

Also, funny side note, people get really butthurt about having to go back and do old content or a friend starting into WoW having to do the old content, but then argue profusely about the necessity of having classic servers where you are limited to old content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stened91 View Post
    So the lock races that comes with an expansion you have to buy behind old content? Seems unfair to people like me who very much dislikes questing and rep farming
    What game are you playing if you don't like questing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Do you, or do you not have almost a year to do these? Is or isn't this information available almost a year ahead of BfA?
    Really? That's your ONLY rebuttal to what I just said? Lovely argument you have there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    They're also optional races that you don't need. So if you want them, then you should have to earn them, even if its doing content you don't like.
    All races are optional. Rep gating races to out dated content is silly. They could have and should put quests in place in current content that doesn't require you grinding out in the case of Suramar over 100 quests to get the rep needed. Extra salt on the wound when you factor in how strong the racials are for the new classes atm on top of people wanting to play them.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    All races are optional. Rep gating races to out dated content is silly. They could have and should put quests in place in current content that doesn't require you grinding out in the case of Suramar over 100 quests to get the rep needed. Extra salt on the wound when you factor in how strong the racials are for the new classes atm on top of people wanting to play them.
    You mean something that literally takes a few hours to do! OH NO GOD FORBID BLIZZARD MAKES YOU DO SOMETHING!!! As for the racials, no they aren't stronger than current racials. They're on par with current racials.

You mean something that literally takes a few hours to do! OH NO GOD FORBID BLIZZARD MAKES YOU DO SOMETHING!!! As for the racials, no they aren't stronger than current racials. They're on par with current racials.
    The void elf teleport is absurdly strong in pvp. Grinding outdated boring content that offers zero worthwhile reward beyond unlocking a new race just so you can then start over is a poor choice to roll out a new feature of any type. Making people jump through silly hoops so they can then finally see one of the selling points is nonsense. Rep requirements or quest to unlock them is fine, just let people do it in current content and not have to take a step backwards to do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    Really? That's your ONLY rebuttal to what I just said? Lovely argument you have there.
    Can you answer my question?

The void elf teleport is absurdly strong in pvp. Grinding outdated boring content that offers zero worthwhile reward beyond unlocking a new race just so you can then start over is a poor choice to roll out a new feature of any type. Making people jump through silly hoops so they can then finally see one of the selling points is nonsense. Rep requirements or quest to unlock them is fine, just let people do it in current content and not have to take a step backwards to do it.
    They're giving you plenty of time to do it, you have well over 8 months to get it done. There is zero argument for being lazy. The 2 allied races coming out in BFA will require BFA achievements, these will not.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer if requirements are only there if you want to unlock and play them before the expansion is released. But once you pay for the expansion and it's live, then they should be available without any prequests.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    These are a new kind of races. They are Sub Races. Sub Races have their own tab away from the normal Race. They are special circumstance races that require people to do gameplay stuff in order to unlock them. It's a new feature coming in a new expansion.

Think of sub races as unlocking a new skin for a race that already exists in the game and unlocking the new skin requires you to perform tasks in the game.
    I understand the concept, i just don't care for the precedence it is setting. You are getting less immediate value for your purchase of BFA then you did with Legion.
    Last edited by grandgato; 2018-01-11 at 08:18 AM.

They're giving you plenty of time to do it, you have well over 8 months to get it done. There is zero argument for being lazy. The 2 allied races coming out in BFA will require BFA achievements, these will not.
    For people playing now there is plenty of time, for almost all people playing now I am sure they are done or extremely close. It isn't a feature of Legion though, it is a BfA feature that for some silly reason is tied to gated content that isn't from BfA. So for people playing BfA it is poor design at best to have them go back and do old content that is fairly long in the Nightborne or void elf section and not something you can do in one sitting. So once again they should add ways to acquire rep with those factions outside of outdated content.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    Blood Elves and Draenei were optional Races you didn't need. Worgen and Goblin were as well. Same for Pandaren. Have ANY of them been locked behind an idiotic Reputation Gate? Nope! Same for Death Knight, Monk and Demon Hunter. What you got for buying an Expansion is now locked behind old content. If they get away with this expect every single new Race from here on out to be locked behind some type of gating. Probably same for future Classes as well.
    Maybe they realize people come and go now and are choosing to "gate" certain features behind content people would do if they stayed subbed as a way to entice them to stay subbed longer or to reward those that did. The game itself is still accessible to everyone. Perhaps they have simply decided that anyone who would actually see this as reason to not buy an XP is someone who doesn't fit into their new target audience... There will always be some kind of grind, some more annoying than others. People who want the race specific bonus mog will need to level a toon all the way up.. that chaps me given I've leveled a couple toons through this XP but, whatever... There will always be some sort of carrot for us to chase after.

My honest guess is they have put these requirements in now to get people to do the content NOW, and keep them in game with the reward being "EARLY ACCESS TO NEW RACES!!! YIPPEEE FOR YOU!!!11!!". I bet when BfA hits, they will just have some streamlined quest-line ala the DH type thing that opens them up for people coming back or entirely new to the game.
    Last edited by Haloswin; 2018-01-11 at 03:23 PM.

I just wish elite quests gave more rep in argus

75 per is so meh.

also haven't got a single argussian reach rep mission, and thats the only allied race I care about

For people playing now there is plenty of time, for almost all people playing now I am sure they are done or extremely close. It isn't a feature of Legion though, it is a BfA feature that for some silly reason is tied to gated content that isn't from BfA. So for people playing BfA it is poor design at best to have them go back and do old content that is fairly long in the Nightborne or void elf section and not something you can do in one sitting. So once again they should add ways to acquire rep with those factions outside of outdated content.
    See that's where you're wrong. It wasn't said that ALL allied races would be coming in BFA and what we have now is showing that we're getting 4 allied races prior to launch. Nightborne can very easily be done in a single sitting, the others take a few days of doing world quests, as I mentioned in a post before, if you don't like doing world quests you can also just send out command missions for rep tokens and get it in a few weeks without even logging in.

So the lock races that comes with an expansion you have to buy behind old content? Seems unfair to people like me who very much dislikes questing and rep farming
    its part of the game. deal with it
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    I understand the concept, i just don't care for the precedence it is setting. You are getting less immediate value for your purchase of BFA then you did with Legion.
    That's how ALL expansions are... Some of them you get a new race, some a new class, some a new race and class, and in this one, you get four new types of races. If you don't want to put in the work to unlock them, you are free to just keep playing what you're playing.

You have no right to complain about having to do quests in order to unlock things in an MMO. If you don't like the system then you are playing the wrong genre.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Well they launch with something you have to buy, so you have to buy something you have to grind to get with old content.. makes no sense. Maby to unlock them now .. but later when it launches it would make sense to unlock them. It does not make sense that if you join half way through BFA you need to go back to legion to get races.. that you bought
    You don't know maybe in BFA you get the rep with them anyways without knowing.
    Xenodrake (Shadowpriest) <Infallible>US 7th (T13) US 12th (T12) US 7th (T11)

Anticipation of Death is worse then Death itself.

Wrong thread.