Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Thalyssra's spot on reason for why the Nightborne are joining the Horde.

First Arcanist Thaylyssra: "I can see that the Horde has allowed you to uphold your traditions--something that is very important to us. We gain strength from our allies... but we have not lost who we are."

It makes perfect sense. In the alliance, every race is accepting, but they all have to conform to human standards. In the Horde, everyone and anyone can climb up the ranks and shine.

Shhh, you're going to awaken the sha of envy in the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    First Arcanist Thaylyssra: "I can see that the Horde has allowed you to uphold your traditions--something that is very important to us. We gain strength from our allies... but we have not lost who we are."

It makes perfect sense. In the alliance, every race is accepting, but they all have to conform to human standards. In the Horde, everyone and anyone can climb up the ranks and shine.
    Makes sense. As far as I have seen the leader of the Alliance is always the king. Not true for our side. Alliance reminds me so much of the Warsaw Pact.

EDIT: I should add Horde is NATO in my little analogy.

Deleted
    Addicts and trecherous backstabbers have indeed very much in common among themselves

They fits the horde perfectly

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Night Elves are a bunch of D-Bags" -Thalyssra

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Addicts and trecherous backstabbers have indeed very much in common among themselves

They fits the horde perfectly
    Mmmm the salt is de-licious. I may become salt addict at this pace.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Mmmm the salt is de-licious. I may become salt addict at this pace.
    talking about taking the bait...

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    Makes sense. As far as I have seen the leader of the Alliance is always the king.
    The Grand Alliance did not have a formal leader until late Cataclysm, when the factions leaders voted Varian as "High King" of the Alliance. When he died, it somehow passed to Anduin, which doesn't actually make sense. Anduin would have inherited Stormwind, sure, but you'd think the Allies would vote again for a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    Plot twist: it never left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    The Grand Alliance did not have a formal leader until late Cataclysm, when the factions leaders voted Varian as "High King" of the Alliance. When he died, it somehow passed to Anduin, which doesn't actually make sense. Anduin would have inherited Stormwind, sure, but you'd think the Allies would vote again for a leader.
    One that isn't the bitch of a has-been warmonger, perhaps. Really the only one fit to lead the Alliance is Velen, because even Tyrande is a child playing with dolls compared to him.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Even if they did vote again, who do they vote for? Their only leader worthy would be Velen and he would undoubtedly deny the position.

Well, they didn't. I recall even before that, though, back in the days of Warcraft 2 up until Arthas got Frostmourne, the original Alliance built by King Terenas worked as this Alliance of today does, with everyone from the different sattelites surrounding the king, who is the big cheese. So, as you point out, yourself, all you Alliance races, bend your knee to the human king. As long as the banshee doesn't step on our two toes, the trolls will continue to follow her. But if she does try to use the Horde for selfish ends... just as Vol'jin did to Garrosh, we will stand up and take her down. That's how the Horde votes.

I'm almost certain they did vote again, but chose Anduin due to his ability to listen to others and because of Velen's visions involving him.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I'm almost certain they did vote again, but chose Anduin due to his ability to listen to others and because of Velen's visions involving him.
    Show me the ballots. (as in, show me the Lore)

10+ Year Old Account

I seriously love this....so much...
    I am Horde...For the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah...
    That is why I love the Horde WAY MUCH better than the other faction.
    For the Horde!

In the Horde, everyone and anyone can climb up the ranks and shine.
    I don't think one should be proud of a faction that allows the mantle of leadership to be so easily handed over to the likes of Garrosh and Sylvanas.

The other leaders of the Alliance at least had a say on who was chosen to be High King, apparently.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    I don't think one should be proud of a faction that allows the mantle of leadership to be so easily handed over to the likes of Garrosh and Sylvanas.

The other leaders of the Alliance at least had a say on who was chosen to be High King, apparently.
    Garrosh was an excellent leader and did nothing wrong. Sylvanas is another issue.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post

Other than when it passed to his son.

The Sha of Envy is indeed growing stronger and stronger.

Which is rather funny considering all the times I've seen Alliance players profess how Nightborne are vastly inferior to Void Elves... o.O

Hmm.. why do we need a new thread for this? Isn't this basically part of :
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...are-ridiculous

which is on the front page still?

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Other than when it passed to his son.
    haha exactly