Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got a royal flush in Vegas once and paid for the vacation. It was around $1200. Another time, I got second in a (very small) poker tournament and the prize for that was $750 I think (before tipping the dealer).

Otherwise, nothing that I can think of. I never play the lottery, seldom gamble, and don't enter contests.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, no, wait.

The victory I relish the most was for the meager prize of pizza. I'M GOING TO TELL THE STORY BECAUSE WHATEVER ITS MY FAVOURITE:

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva
    When I was in the 2nd grade, my teacher held a contest to encourage her students to read. Whenever one of us completed a book, she would put a marble into the mason jar that was on our desks. At the end of the year, the marbles would be tallied and the winner with the most would get a pizza party for their desk group on the last day of school.

There was a girl in my class who was always boasting about her reading accomplishments. She would proudly count her marbles out loud and comment on our meager collections, predicting her future victory. I didn’t like her because she had always picked on me for being awkward and dorky, so I decided that I was going to win just to spite her.

Over the next few months, I went to the library nearly every weekend and checked out the maximum books they’d let me have – ten. I read everything I could get my hands on, including the entire series of both Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys. I diligently filled out the required ditto worksheet and got my mother to sign them, compiling them in a carefully guarded, secret stack. I let the girl continue to brag about her jar having the largest volume of marbles; I let her think she was going to win. Then, on the last week of school when the deadline hit for reading credit, I turned in my pile of book reports and collected my enormous bounty of marbles.

I beat her by almost 200 books. She was so upset that she cried.

The moral of the story is: if you pick on the nerd for being a nerd, she is going to outnerd you. (Actually, the moral of the story is probably that I’m a terrible person for relishing the time I made a seven year old girl cry)
    Sorry not sorry.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple thousands altogether in prize money from speech and debate tournaments back in the day. Not a significant amount compared to others on here but I've never once gambled in my life so no chance of the lottery or such .

One of my best mates came in 2nd on one of the recent episodes of Jeopardy though and won I believe 150k or something so that was nice celebrating with him.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Won an all expenses holiday to San Francisco for coming first in an open national arcade video game competition. There were local qualifiers, regionals, quarter finals, semis, grand finals and I won the whole damn thing. Still got the trophy.

Deleted
    Eh, about 10k on sports betting over a few days. Got lucky, cut it while I was ahead. I don't really believe in gambling. Hard work is the way to do it

A Wii U from a Nintendo web contest promo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    What's the most Money or anything else you've ever won?

Meaning contest or straight gambling, what is the most you've ever won.
    One million HUF after taxes on Who wants to be a millionaire? (That's roughly $3600 these days, though the exchange was more favourable back then.)

i won 75 bucks on a 5 dollar scratch off once.

other than that, when i was in the 3rd grade we had a "guess how many jelly beans are in this mason jar" contest and i won that.

oh and i won legion beta access from this here website right here!
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    oh and i won legion beta access from this here website right here!
    Really? I just got mine sent by Blizzard and I didn't even ask.

Off the top of my head. a Set of $200 Klipsch speakers from a raffle at a CPL tournament

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A dollar once with a store scratch off. lol! I did well with skin money games when I use to play a lot of golf. Most I won was 125 dollars once. I do not play the lotto's. My wife does on occasion however.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Oh, no, wait.

The victory I relish the most was for the meager prize of pizza. I'M GOING TO TELL THE STORY BECAUSE WHATEVER ITS MY FAVOURITE:

Sorry not sorry.
    Good. Isn't this the moral of the turtle and the hare?

---

I won around 500 DKK first time I entered the lottery, the internet says that's around 80 dollars.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.

eh when i was a car-sales man some of the cars we sold earned "bonus" spins on Chrysler's website, and i got like a 250.00 bonus ? Lost well i don't gamble really so maybe like 10/20 USD to friends or something idk.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

WIN
    Guess my greatest win was asking David Hasselhof a question life in a TV show/interview when I was like 13 years old. I was given a K.I.T.T. R/C car as reward. Years later I put 1 EUR into a slot machine when I was drunk and just pushed some buttons not knowing what I was doing and suddenly got the jackpot! Guess it was like 150 bucks that where immediately reinvested into more drinks.

LOSS
    Lost about 400 EUR on my wedding party due to me being quite drunk. Had that money on me for paying taxis for guests and over hours for service crew... Was a bit salty at first when I realized I lost it but the party was worth it and weddings are expensive anyways.

500k won from a bet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most I ever won was the Bulwark of Azzinoth shield backpack from a wowhead competition, which was around $100 value prize.

But I still had to pay like £20 import tax to actually get it delivered, which cancels some of that out :P

I still have it, it's super cool but I've never used it and it's bigger than I am lol
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Really? I just got mine sent by Blizzard and I didn't even ask.
    blizzard does that too. i have a bnet friend that opted out of all betas, then gets a beta invite for every game and expansion lol
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...