Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbywabby View Post
    Pretty much this. Ive also seen threads with people complaining about nightborne and how they look. I honestly don't see where this envy is coming from but it certainly aint from the alliance I can tell you that.
    I mean, I like how Nightborne look. And Zandalari, too. Not so much a fan of the contrived reasons for Nightborne to end up in the Horde, but i'll still play one. Why not?

That said, I still hope they change the eyes on the male and female Nightborne model.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    Makes sense. As far as I have seen the leader of the Alliance is always the king. Not true for our side. Alliance reminds me so much of the Warsaw Pact.

EDIT: I should add Horde is NATO in my little analogy.
    Bad analogy, especially if you are implying that Nato is/was any better than the Warsaw Pact...

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    You're comparing the Alliance to how it used to be, to the complaints people have about it now.

High elves now, don't have any culture in the Alliance, the head dev confirmed as much, every other race swore themselves to Anduin, Tyrande was getting taught like an noob by Varian on basic strategy, every single magic force in the Alliance was blotted out by humans, Alliance soldiers no matter the race being shown in Stormwind plate, blizzard developers saying they focus on humans because they are easy to write etc.
    I'm not talking about High Elves having culture in the Alliance right now, nor did I elude to it. I was merely speaking on the level that the Alliance has never forced any member race or faction to abandon their views or values when joining, just pledging to the Alliance.

Blizzard's focus on human setting and Tyrande having a shitty character (which was and still is a disappointment by their writing staff.) do not affect whether or not Nightborne could/should have joined the Alliance. If anything, the more human based culture is more appealing to a Nightborne than modern Night Elf culture, which then makes everything you said make even less sense.

Yes I get that they are kindred spirits with the Blood Elves, but they are also kindred spirits with the Night Elves. With druidism being their 'cure', you'd think for a second that Tyrande would stop being an ignorant twat for fifteen seconds and realize how much of a boon they would be to her people (especially after letting Highborne mages back in). Or, atleast Varian would have....
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbywabby View Post
    Pretty much this. Ive also seen threads with people complaining about nightborne and how they look. I honestly don't see where this envy is coming from but it certainly aint from the alliance I can tell you that.
    But it is coming from Alliance, which was my point and why it's so odd.

Haven't seen many threads where Horde players complain about "losing Void Elves", but Alliance players have been complaining since Blizzcon about "losing Nightborne elves to the Horde" and how it's "unfair" or the Nightborne reasoning is "ridiculous" and such. o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

Haven't seen many threads where Horde players complain about "losing Void Elves", but Alliance players have been complaining since Blizzcon about "losing Nightborne elves to the Horde" and how it's "unfair" or the Nightborne reasoning is "ridiculous" and such. o.O
    Seen plenty of Horde players bellyaching about Alliance getting Blood Elves but better.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Seen plenty of Horde players bellyaching about Alliance getting Blood Elves but better.
    lol where? void elves are definitely not better than blood

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    lol where? void elves are definitely not better than blood
    They are practically the same, but..

With good racials, beards and better versions of Blood Elf hairstyles. Skrillex cut aside.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    They are practically the same, but..

With good racials, beards and better versions of Blood Elf hairstyles. Skrillex cut aside.
    We will have to agree to disagree there, I personally don't find "edgy" to make something better.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

We will have to agree to disagree there, I personally don't find "edgy" to make something better.
    Maybe I don't mind because I think "edgy" has become a pathetic buzzword over the years to just discard anything that is slightly dark.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Maybe I don't mind because I think "edgy" has become a pathetic buzzword over the years to just discard anything that is slightly dark.
    Edgy in this case thriving off a power that causes madness,hopelessness, despair etc, being outcasts and also being part shadow ethereal or whatever, its either a step over or a step above Demon hunters.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by MrDragon View Post
    As for staying neutral on the NB's part: because they are in a strategically significant position and hold onto significant strategic resources. Plenty of countries in our real world wanted to stay neutral in various wars but were forced to pick sides or annexed before they could.
    Now ideally: the factions signed a pact where they would leave Suramar alone, affording them neutrality, but that hasn't happened.
    Why are you basing your evidence on the real world? This isn't the real world.

I'll repeat it: There are dozens, dozens of neutral factions that stay neutral in the middle of conflicts between the Alliance and Horde, even when there are large reasons not to. Look at the Argent Dawn, which remained neutral even as the Forsaken were re-plaguing WPL right next door. No one was going to get annexed. No one was going to get attacked. They were perfectly safe as a neutral faction on the Broken Isles nearby where a conflict was going to happen.

Now they are an enemy harbor right next to that conflict.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    First Arcanist Thaylyssra: "I can see that the Horde has allowed you to uphold your traditions--something that is very important to us. We gain strength from our allies... but we have not lost who we are."

It makes perfect sense. In the alliance, every race is accepting, but they all have to conform to human standards. In the Horde, everyone and anyone can climb up the ranks and shine.
    i play alliance and honestly it would make far FAR less sense if nightborne joined alliance. Though personally im more of the mind that adding nightborne and lightforged is stupid and just a cash grab by blizzard, because it literally makes the horde players helping on argus and the alliance players helping in suramar x 0.

mind you, given how sylvannas is moving, the horde MIGHT (not sure yet, still watching/reading) lose their identity of uplifting each of their races.

velen cant be high king or whatever. honestly man is probably the only one who doesnt want any of this faction stupidity.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Edgy in this case thriving off a power that causes madness,hopelessness, despair etc, being outcasts and also being part shadow ethereal or whatever, its either a step over or a step above Demon hunters.
    Eh, shadow priests did it anyway. The Void Elves just made it their whole aesthetic.

I actually like the sort of star and outer space thematic, but honestly, the Skrillex hair is something I'm gonna avoid. Heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

One simple reason for that is that Void Elves has zero development in the game so far. As a player for either of the factions you have been witnessing the Nightfallen/Nightborne ressurection. It was 8 bloody months of questlines and dungeons were you as a player saved Thalryssa and the Nightborne from being eradicated. And for 16 months Suramar and the Nightborne has been a main thing of this expansion.

Try to look at it from a perspective were you ignore the storydetails. From an Alliance player that enjoyed the whole Suramar questlines and the overall theme of the Nightborne, it's quite natural to be upset to see the race you really enjoyed helping, going to the other side. If you put yourself into this or a similar situation, can't you understand that?

When it comes to the story, it's subjective if you think it makes sense or not. Seeing from the threads/posts on MMO-Champion, it would seem to be 50/50. And threads like these(really, it's enough now) is only making a shitshow because people will never agree on this.

When it comes to the Void Elves, they don't have a story yet. They have an introduction only. Why would people care so much about them compared to the Nightborne? It's like comparing a mouse to an elephant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I stand by my position. The Alliance is heavily influenced by the Human Dominated core culture.

No one is -forced- to conform. It's just easier.
    I wonder what is this that human culture you are talking about. Wearing armour and regalias is not "human culture". Being awful, oblivious and fighting each other is more of a human thing tho. There is nothing influential about humans in wow but Varian. And he is gone now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Eh, shadow priests did it anyway. The Void Elves just made it their whole aesthetic.

I actually like the sort of star and outer space thematic, but honestly, the Skrillex hair is something I'm gonna avoid. Heavily.
    Not suprisingly you wouldnt mind edgyelves as you got a tokyo ghoul avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakerel View Post
    Having seen the Suramar story in its fullest, I can completely understand the Nightborne's decision to join the Horde.

Tyrande's lines towards them, and about them is pure spite. I can understand her distrust in them to begin with, but over the course of the insurrection story line, there were many points where the Nightborne proved which side they were on, and were always very forward about their overall end goal after the fall of Elisande. This was the place of her birth for crying out loud! I know over time the Night Elves have shifted away and become their own entity entirely, but to forget ones heritage, is to forget ones sense of self.

And the stuff she says during the Post Notice WQ is just despicable IMO.
    What does she say?

10+ Year Old Account
    When "edgy" is used, it's usually a reference to the 'wannabe' nature of speaking bluntly for the sake of offending someone and feeling superior about it (4chan kids, trolls, self-cutting emo etc.). Void elves are more like goths, and they've been in our society for a long time. Demon hunters are about pain and suffering, Void Elves are about madness and cosmicism.

Average Blood elf never used fel, Blood elves aren't a danger to their citizens or their sunwell either, velfs have no one to blame but themselves for being kicked out.
    Yeah, one can say the same about Nightborne since, you know, Tyrande is wary of them. Addiction to magic has certainly brought danger to Azeroth on numerous occasions. The difference is, Tyrandre didn't kick them out like the blood elves did to void elves; she only scolded them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Not suprisingly you wouldnt mind edgyelves as you got a tokyo ghoul avatar
    That's not what I said, but nice attack on avatar. No surprise you're being so obnoxious with that weeb name. :^)

I don't mind it because I think "edgy" is over (and mis-used) and practically a meme word at this point. Stuff like Berserk (the manga, that is), that a lot of people love, would be called edgy and dismissed if it debuted today. The word "edgy" has kind of lost meaning at this point. And yes, that also applies to Tokyo Ghoul. (again, the manga.)

Thanks for the snark, though. It made me laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Yeah, one can say the same about Nightborne since, you know, Tyrande is wary of them. Addiction to magic has certainly brought danger to Azeroth on numerous occasions. The difference is, Tyrandre didn't kick them out like the blood elves did to void elves; she only scolded them.
    So much for Tyrande being "the big bitch" in the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Kinda sure almost every Alliance player regrets saving Thalyssra when she was withering away. Now she's gonna send her troops to kill us. Such storytelling, much sense wow. Unless you are Horde, and you stop being objective at how nonsense this is, oh well.
    mind you this is the same with the lightforged. the horde player helped them too and now youll have lightforged dranaei attacking them. both these races should not have been added imo. just cash grabs.

it should have just been highmountain and something else (im iffy about void elves myself. should have been vrykul personally).
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)