Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I'll have that with rice
    no problem, would you like a side of Cat with that?

Nothing aslong as they aren't treated poorly.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing objectively worse about eating dogs than a pig. People just attach a lot of feelings to dogs and so find it morally wrong, but it's entirely based on feels rather than any objective reasoning.

Hell, I hope nobody here who has a boner for protecting dogs from evil dog meat eaters looks at the number of dogs we euthanize every year who are then subsequently thrown into mass incineration chambers. We could end a lot of hunger with dog meat. But instead masses of dogs end up as nothing more than carbon in the air.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but to me a dog is located a little above the cows and pigs, maybe it is because they have been flagged more as companions in general, than just another prey animal.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    So, dogs are good slaves and obey owner - you can't eat them. Pigs don't recognize your GF as their "owner" - how could those animals do that, let's slaughter and eat them in punishment! Did I get you right? The only difference between ok/not ok to eat is if they kiss ass of their master or not?
    Sounds about right

It's one thing to domesticate an animal for livestock, dogs however were bred for loyalty, obedience, and trust. To betray such an animal which we've bred by throwing them alive into pots of boiling oil seems like an act of betrayal no other. The saying "we don't deserve dogs" holds true if we treat them so poorly.

It makes me very sad that we can do such horrible things to an animal that holds us in such high regards, we are their world and we'd do such terrible things to them.

I love dogs, but I cannot force other cultures to adopt my culture.

I have no issues with eating horse, for example. Are Americans going to force me to stop, because they believe it's wrong?
    Last edited by blobthebob; 2018-01-13 at 11:41 AM.

there's a stigma about it to westerners because many of us see our pets as family, and many of us have dogs.

in places where dogs and cats have always been normal to eat i dont see an issue with it. but gtf away from my dog...
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    I can see the validity of some counter arguments here, but the it's not my culture so I can't say anything bad about line is BS.
    Backwards as fuck to eat dog. Get with the program you Néanderthals.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    I can see the validity of some counter arguments here, but the it's not my culture so I can't say anything bad about line is BS.
    Backwards as fuck to eat dog. Get with the program you Néanderthals.
    you can say.

it's a dog eat dog world.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    there's a stigma about it to westerners because many of us see our pets as family, and many of us have dogs.

in places where dogs and cats have always been normal to eat i dont see an issue with it. but gtf away from my dog...
    The last sentance is nonsense... nobody is saying to go to go to your house and take your pet for food.....

In any places that have an over population of cats/dogs, it should be reasonable to eat. People hold cows, pigs, goats in high regards but people ignore them because it's the norm for you.

What's wrong with eating your mentally challenged grand-aunt?
    You know she has some values and life goals, can somewhat tell good from bad, but she's not all there, not entirely.

Darned West and their superiority complex!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    What's wrong with eating your mentally challenged grand-aunt?
    You know she has some values and life goals, can somewhat tell good from bad, but she's not all there, not entirely.

Darned West and their superiority complex!
    *snip*

Infracted - minor spam
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-01-13 at 05:39 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When your pet dies there are 3 options:
    1. Feed it to worms
    2. Cremate it to waste it
    3. Eat it and bury the bones

Do the most decent thing (3).
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    When your pet dies there are 3 options:
    1. Feed it to worms
    2. Cremate it to waste it
    3. Eat it and bury the bones

Do the most decent thing (3).
    *snippy snip*
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-01-13 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    The last sentance is nonsense... nobody is saying to go to go to your house and take your pet for food.....

In any places that have an over population of cats/dogs, it should be reasonable to eat. People hold cows, pigs, goats in high regards but people ignore them because it's the norm for you.
    A huge part of the dog meat consumed in China comes from stolen dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    A huge part of the dog meat consumed in China comes from stolen dogs.
    Damn they are quite the Savage
    *snippy snip*
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-01-13 at 05:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason why people think it's wrong to eat dogs is because they think of dogs as pets.

It is not necessarily about the eating of dog, per se.

It's the abhorrent methods in which they kill these animals. They skin and boil them alive. And it's not just dogs, they do it to cats, rats, ferrets and lizards too.

Technically nothing is wrong with it.I wouldn't eat it unless it was the only source of nourishment i had to survive on.