15+ Year Old Account
    Tbh some reports also keep bringing up Belickick trading Brissett but he was never gonna be more then a backup and to me it looks like they are looking to spend a draft choice on a QB that can sit behind brady for the next 1-2 years (i personaly think brady wont make it more then that).

Also this le'veon bell shit is so juicy 2 days before their game, i mean they will prob tag him coz they dont have much options they just gave brown a big contract and some other players on the team are on the edge of receiving a bigger contract that doesnt leave much for Bell to get more then he was offered which was 12mil a season for 5 years but he thinks deserves 15.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Malcolm Mitchell not activated, so he won't play tomorrow. Patriots need to activate him before the 17th to make him come of IR. If they don't the Patriots will have "wasted" both their IR activations on players who did not actually return to the field.

I think we will be fine without him tomorrow. In any next games (Steelers or Jags) we would definitely be able to use him. He was my dark horse pick to be an impact player this season, but nothing came of it. Hopefully he can still get a chance to shine.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Panthers LB Thomas Davis has announced that 2018 will be his last season. That dude has been going for a long time, maybe the Panthers can dedicate next season to getting him a ring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    LeVeon Bell is talking franchise tag again, wondering how much his unreasonable contract demands will affect his future career. He already rejected a deal that would've paid him 50% more than any other RB!

He claims he doesn't care about the money, but damned if he isn't gonna make sure and get every dollar he thinks hes owed or threaten retirement.
    The thing is, he absolutely deserves it. Especially when he touches the ball 30-40 times a game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    The thing is, he absolutely deserves it. Especially when he touches the ball 30-40 times a game.
    Problem is that the Steelers dont have the room to give him the 15 he wants.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Deserves what? I don't even know what his contract demands are when 50% more than anybody else is not enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    Deserves what? I don't even know what his contract demands are when 50% more than anybody else is not enough.
    His contract demands where 15 for 5 season pittsburgh was only willing to give him 12 for 5 and i doubt now they signed Brown with a big contract and Ben is gonna continue and some other players are in line for their 2e contract they will be able to give him what he thinks he deserves.

You can mess with contracts to make them fit inside the salary cap if you need to, so if they want to do it, they can find a way.

However, it doesn't make any sense business wise to give a RB a 5 year deal that would put them through their 11th season unless only like 2 or 3 years of it was guaranteed. That specific position has the shortest average career and is easiest to replace with a cheap guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to imagine any team in the league would pay that. If the Steelers were concerned about his long-term availability for them they probably wouldn't have given him those 30-40 touches per game, they were getting their one year deals worth.

You can pick up RBs off the street and have them perform for you. I believe the Chiefs have been doing that all season.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I hope the Bills are considering McCoy for OC. I think he got short shrift in Denver this year, but maybe he'll be humble to come to the job he passed on once already. Denver guys, thoughts? I remember thinking it wasn't the offense's fault the week he got fired.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Also, I hope the Bills are considering McCoy for OC. I think he got short shrift in Denver this year, but maybe he'll be humble to come to the job he passed on once already. Denver guys, thoughts? I remember thinking it wasn't the offense's fault the week he got fired.
    He was calling plays that were never practiced, completely gave up on the run once they were down by anything, and did not make adjustments to the players he had. So basically he was calling plays like he had Phillips Rivers at QB still. He had no QB, no receiving TE, kept using Bennie Fowler as the #3 WR (he sucks), and 2 traffic cones on the o-line though. The Bills roster probably gives him more to work with if he goes there so it might work out fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    He has shown the ability to adjust to the talent available in the past, but it didn't look too good when there wasn't any talent.

- - - Updated - - -

#3 WR Brandon Coleman is out vs. the Vikings, so I guess I don't have to worry about his constant fumbling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reuben Foster got caught with weed in Alabama, because I guess he couldn't wait til he got back to California.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Reuben Foster got caught with weed in Alabama, because I guess he couldn't wait til he got back to California.
    Reuben Foster was really good on the field for the Niners from what I heard, but he missed time with injury and now he's going to get suspended. Even getting him later than his "intended" draft spot, he is starting to look like just another draft bust who is a great player, but never available.

Thomas Davis set to retire after this year. Makes me sad, but dude has more than enough earned his rest.

They gotta get rid of Hurney
    Oh hell yes they do, He was good at getting us good first rounders but anything after the first round and FA he sucked, also overpaid our vets. Over 100 mill at one point locked up between Stewart and D-Will

Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post
    Thomas Davis set to retire after this year. Makes me sad, but dude has more than enough earned his rest.
    It does make me sad, but he kinda looked like he took a step back this year, and Shaq deserves more playing time as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Tom Cable considered for Cowboys' OL coach. We're doomed.
    You're safe. Gruden hired him to OL coach the Raiders instead.

Somewhere the ghost of Al Davis is screaming with rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    You're safe. Gruden hired him to OL coach the Raiders instead.

Somewhere the ghost of Al Davis is screaming with rage.
    Gruden stole our special teams coach. I suppose this is football god's way of evening that out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Gruden stole our special teams coach. I suppose this is football god's way of evening that out.
    The Cable hire is an interesting one, I'm wondering how well he will do with an Oline that has actual talent on it.

Texans are giving O'Brien a 4 year extension. Kind of random, but I guess it makes sense to see how he does with the new GM.

Oline that has actual talent on it.
    Not easy to tell how much of the Seahawks o-line struggles are due to the players, and how much is due to the coaching. Will find out, especially since every AFCW team has a good pass rush.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Cable hire is an interesting one, I'm wondering how well he will do with an Oline that has actual talent on it.
    and Lynch running behind them