Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It honestly doesn't seem like the vast majority of the human population can handle the truth. They simply don't look for it. Their objective is to reinforce their existing worldview with comfortable thoughts, completely independently of the truth.

It's a very strongly built in bias that completely screws over us as a species as far as making progress towards actual knowledge. As far as I can tell it has absolutely nothing to do with being civilized. That's just the difference between ignorance and willful ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    World Leaders and Influential Politicians are just "Some People"?
    It's not believable. It's such phony outrage. It's so utterly transparent.

Just all about the virtue signalling.

First world countries are vastly superior to third world countries and countries full of corruption, poverty, and misery.

Why is this so shocking and offensive?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karfal View Post
    Considering the average American lives a better live than 80% of the world. What!?!
    Right? Anybody who thinks any single place in US is remotely comparable to the third world are crazy.

A hillbilly still likely has access to plumbing, warm and cool air. Comfortable clothing / furniture, and food to eat. As well as some basic luxuries.

That alone makes them have a vastly higher standard of living than many parts of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Immigrants shouldn't be judged on their country of origin in my opinion.

But saying there is no such thing as a shithole country is false and the immigration system in the USA as far as I can tell seems to bring the wrong people in.
    You'd be absurdly wrong then. It's absurdly hard to immigrate to the U.S.. One of my high school friend's both her parents were Doctors and you'd swear they were what most of the right imagine lazy do-nothing types who's only goal in life is to pump out babies for more welfare. In fact it's thanks to immigration, and the AMA, there's specific programs that help a lot of the assholes crying about they turk ur jerbs have doctor's in the area by saying hey you can move to America if you work in X for Y.

In the case of Refugees/Asylum checkers the interview/background check process is extensive and any contradictions in the multiple interviews can mean you're fucked.

For example the amount of terrorist acts commited by people who went through the refugee program is like what 3? And all were stopped before attacks. Since 9/11. Can't remember exactly but in terms of success rate it's about as perfect as humans can get.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2018-01-13 at 08:15 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    You are a sensitive pussy though. You're one of the most insecure, childish posters I've seen on this website, a literal cuck and snowflake that gets mega-triggered over just about anything...but I have your post history page favorite'd so that I can start my day out with some laughs. So for that, I thank you. You are a lolcow that can be milked endlessly.

Worth the infraction.
    It sure does feel good to insult folks you don't like and think are stupid, just like Trump does.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Eh, I just call it as I see it. I'm not causing an international incident by making fun of a 14 year old on MMO-Champ lol.
    Sure, you are only acting Human.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Sure, you are only acting Human.
    I thought the anti-SJW's hated virtue signaling and were all about that anti pc business.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    I thought the anti-SJW's hated virtue signaling and were all about that anti pc business.
    You know more about that then me.

Yep. And I'm doing it knowing nothing bad will befall anyone because of it. I don't act this way when I'm on duty. I'm not a dick around my family. I don't swear at church. I have roles I have chosen to play and act responsibly when fulfilling those roles in life. Something our shit-for-brains president can't figure out.
    You are so cool, Trump should aspire to be just like you.

You know more about that then me.
    I'd say that statement applies to a great many things given your post history.
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    I'd say that statement applies to a great many things given your post history.
    Like what, please do share with all of us!

10+ Year Old Account
    You are so cool, Trump should aspire to be just like you.
    Fulfilling his role and spewing his unnecessary comments in private? Would sure help, but i think he is too childish for that; but we can hope.

I know I could do his job far better than him because I'm not a complete moron and know how to act professional when I have to. But that's not saying much, most Americans could do his job far better than him. He's a bumbling buffoon that I wouldn't trust with a pet rock.
    Wise words indeed, he would mostly self off your pet rock.

I mean, I don’t particularly care, it’s just further proof of what we already know about Donny. which is he’s a fucking idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Fulfilling his role and spewing his unnecessary comments in private? Would sure help, but i think he is too childish for that; but we can hope.
    His roll? 1/4 the US likes him spewing stupid rude shit, another 1/4th wishes he would stop breathing, and the rest just dont give a damn. Besides, considering the folks the US has had in the oval office over the years, trump is just the latest bit of shit to stain the white house.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I mean, I don’t particularly care, it’s just further proof of what we already know about Donny. which is he’s a fucking idiot.
    Never let a good Trump bashing moment go to waste man, everything he does needs to be mocked, folks might forget what he is...

10+ Year Old Account
    His roll? 1/4 the US likes him spewing stupid rude shit, another 1/4th wishes he would stop breathing, and the rest just dont give a damn. Besides, considering the folks the US has had in the oval office over the years, trump is just the latest bit of shit to stain the white house.

- - - Updated - - -

Never let a good Trump bashing moment go to waste man, everything he does needs to be mocked, folks might forget what he is...
    Can you really not see that Trump is extraordinary? (not in a good sense) - I never like Bush' politics, and i think he was a bad president, but never did i think he was actively sabotaging the presidency itself. This is important, because after 4 or 8 years, there will be another person on that chair and we can have a different direction. Trump is actively destroying the institution of the presidency. You closest ally don't want to have the most powerful man to visit them.

If you don't think having a manchild sitting on the most powerful military/nuclear capacity is just fake outrage. yeah... i don't know what to say...

that’s nice dear.

Anyway next time in a new moon when he vaguely alludes to something I agree with He will be blessed with my 3rd credit I’ve ever given him.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/11/politi...ump/index.html

This is more or less what OP is talking about for those who, like me, were lost.
    Wish they'd let us dump him into a volcano but we'd probably get in trouble for improperly disposing of toxic waste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Can you really not see that Trump is extraordinary? (not in a good sense) - I never like Bush' politics, and i think he was a bad president, but never did i think he was actively sabotaging the presidency itself. This is important, because after 4 or 8 years, there will be another person on that chair and we can have a different direction. Trump is actively destroying the institution of the presidency. You closest ally don't want to have the most powerful man to visit them.

If you don't think having a manchild sitting on the most powerful military/nuclear capacity is just fake outrage. yeah... i don't know what to say...
    Honestly, i don't care, he makes Republicans look bad for supporting him and pisses liberals off to the point that minor shit like this is somehow important making them look foolish. Thats a win win for me since i dislike both parties with a passion. Hes absolutely a crass asshole, who never should have been president, but he is and that in itself is hilarious. As to defiling the presidency? Were you alive during the whole Bill Clinton thing? The dude was using his position to have sexy time with women IN THE OVAL OFFICE, you want to tell me that what Trumps doing is somehow going to lessen my image of presidents hahaha nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, i don't care, he makes Republicans look bad for supporting him and pisses liberals off to the point that minor shit like this is somehow important making them look foolish. Thats a win win for me since i dislike both parties with a passion. Hes absolutely a crass asshole, who never should have been president, but he is and that in itself is hilarious. As to defiling the presidency? Were you alive during the whole Bill Clinton thing? The dude was using his position to have sexy time with women IN THE OVAL OFFICE, you want to tell me that what Trumps doing is somehow going to lessen my image of presidents hahaha nice.
    I will indulge the Whataboutism - Clinton. Yeah - Clinton did stupid stuff and i think he should have been removed from office. And yeah, probably this was the first step to enabling someone like Trump becoming president. Does that excuse anything? Does it make Trump cranking it up to 100 anyhow better? I'm not a big fan of american hegemony, but i prefer it over the alternatives - personally i just think defiling the presidency of the US is dangerous for the whole world.

But nice work equating consensual, though improper, sexual relations with Trump, a racist sexual predator.

I will indulge the Whataboutism - Clinton. Yeah - Clinton did stupid stuff and i think he should have been removed from office. And yeah, probably this was the first step to enabling someone like Trump becoming president. Does that excuse anything? Does it make Trump cranking it up to 100 anyhow better? I'm not a big fan of american hegemony, but i prefer it over the alternatives - personally i just think defiling the presidency of the US is dangerous for the whole world.

But nice work equating consensual, though improper, sexual relations with Trump, a racist sexual predator.
    No problem, its always good to accept the truth of the past.