Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I think there's going to be a lot of story involving Arator being the son of light and shadow so I think we need him around a bit longer.
    A half elf snowflake destined for greatness? I couldn't be more nauseated, its as if Knaak himself took over the Lore if that turns out to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    devout isn't the issue, he's stuck up and arrogant.

tirion was not.

and no, they're not good couples. it's sickening that they're even couples still. alleria fought for her homeland for 2,000 years or more, and what does she do now? turns traitor over some fucking dick. it's pathetic, it's almost sexist.
    Who, exactly, is she betraying? She is part of the Alliance - which she has been since its existence.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Who, exactly, is she betraying? She is part of the Alliance - which she has been since its existence.
    she's betraying quel'thalas, for people that betrayed quel'thalas three or four times in a row now.

she's betraying quel'thalas, for people that betrayed quel'thalas three or four times in a row now.
    What people who betrayed quel thalas? She isn’t joining the forsaken (you know, the people who actually betrayed quelthalas when they were living and wrecked it when they were undead.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    What people who betrayed quel thalas? She isn’t joining the forsaken (you know, the people who actually betrayed quelthalas when they were living and wrecked it when they were undead.)
    the alliance, whose supreme commander attempted to murder their high prince, multiple times. who's still firmly allied to the traitors that got kicked out of quel'thalas for sparking unrest in a time of crisis and gleefully murder sin'dorei any chance they get. who still counts jaina proudmoore as a member and high ranking member after her unjust slaughter of civilians.

neither arthas or any undead count, considering arthas was a betrayer himself, and the undead were mind controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    He is generic paladin in game that is oversaturated with them. What else could we expect ?

On that note, i would vastly prefer if turalyon was more like force commander boreale from dawn of war. An inspiring leader who could really move your very soul with his powerful speech, and lead army of light to strike deep into heart of legion and unleash rain of steel unto them.
    Well, given his grasp of the Draenic language, Turalyon seems to already have the speech impediment part of Boreale down. All he now needs is to lose 100 Warframes and die while taking half of the Lightforged with him and the meme is complete.

More seriously, Turalyon does mostly suffer from being yet another human male paladin in a game overstuffed with them. They really could have pushed another angle to make him more interesting, such as the dude having a crisis of faith after 1000 years of war amounted to jack shit and we just come with our Artifacts and rekt the Legion harder than he ever did.

15+ Year Old Account
    the alliance, whose supreme commander attempted to murder their high prince, multiple times. who's still firmly allied to the traitors that got kicked out of quel'thalas for sparking unrest in a time of crisis and gleefully murder sin'dorei any chance they get. who still counts jaina proudmoore as a member and high ranking member after her unjust slaughter of civilians.

neither arthas or any undead count, considering arthas was a betrayer himself, and the undead were mind controlled.
    The high prince sold his people to demons, lol.

The high prince sold his people to demons, lol.
    that was way after. garithos' betrayals were likely what lead kael'thas to the legion.

Of course. We wouldn't want her to join her son. That would be so stupid. Much better to come back to Quel'thalas (where she's not popular after the Sunwell incident) and fight for a formerly orcish Horde and Sylvanas against her son and Turalyon.

That is what every reasonable person would do.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was alright with Turalyon (except that he would was going to be Alliance scum after) but what really killed it for me was Garothi Worldbreaker when he sends his troops in, Stands there, they die, he runs away and sends us in. Now I know NPCs do not always look like they are helping but this one scene made him a sour note for the whole raid to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    Honestly I don't get the hate for Turalyon.
    Straight white human male, uncorrupted despite of great power, with a beautiful Elf wife and a son who's as equally devoted to good as his father. What is there not to hate for someone with a "progressive" mindset? These are the same kind of people who also hate Superman with passion and would want to see him dead.

What they probably don't even know is that Turalyon has been around for 10 years longer than World of Warcraft itself. His portrayal in the game could have been better, yes - but it doesn't make him bad as a character.

Some people just have an inherent need to tarnish, break and corrupt whatever is good and pure. Real life demon material.

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    Honestly I don't get the hate for Turalyon. Yeah he's a mediocre character and his showing in Argus was pretty lame.

However, he's still a fairly new character and can be molded in many different directions. Turalyon's personality in my mind has not fully set in yet, so it's up to the writers to make him compelling in the future.

How they do that? Well, I don't know.
    Agreed, I don’t get the hate either. My concern is that the Alliance has two dudes that are noble, justice, light wielders in Anduin and Turalyon. Might be a bit repetitive, however they both have potential to go in vastly different directions.

Deleted
    All in all, Alleria and Turalion got murdered by the lore department.

Now we have LightGuy and ShadowLady (as if we needed another one after Sylvanas)

15+ Year Old Account
    that was way after. garithos' betrayals were likely what lead kael'thas to the legion.
    Garithos, aka Proto-Garrosh, is not a great example of Alliance-style governance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garithos, aka Proto-Garrosh, is not a great example of Alliance-style governance.
    Doesnt change the fact that he was in charge, and that the Alliance supported him.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Doesnt change the fact that he was in charge, and that the Alliance supported him.
    But wasnt that the "dying" Alliance of Lordaeron. The Alliance of Stormwind was formed after the Battle for Mount Hyjal.Plus whatever Garithos did pales in comparison to what the Forsaken did to Quelthalas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    He is generic paladin in game that is oversaturated with them. What else could we expect ?

On that note, i would vastly prefer if turalyon was more like force commander boreale from dawn of war. An inspiring leader who could really move your very soul with his powerful speech, and lead army of light to strike deep into heart of legion and unleash rain of steel unto them.
    That's how he was described almost as pre-Legion.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

What Turalyon shoulda done was to keep his pimp hand strong and kept his elf bitch in line.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Why do people keep acting like Tirion was anything less but a talking plot devide than Turalyon?

They are essentially the same character (in that, that they have no character outside of DA LIGHT!!!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    But wasnt that the "dying" Alliance of Lordaeron. The Alliance of Stormwind was formed after the Battle for Mount Hyjal.Plus whatever Garithos did pales in comparison to what the Forsaken did to Quelthalas.
    Blizzard has gone out of their way to say the Alliance is still the same orginization.

Actions of free willed men, especially as part as a group who had allies for thousands of years > the Forsaken who had no free will during their actions against quel'thalas.

Willingly trying to kill off the strongest remaining members of a race > Bunch of zombies who can't fight the LK's control.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2018-01-14 at 03:24 PM.
    Holy shit lol