Poll: Tinker as a playable class in WoW - Yes or No?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Tinkers ARE the most popular choice for an actual new class.
    Maybe one day, but not in the next expantion. Since 2007 we got an expansion with new races or a new combo race/class and the next with a new class. So, the next expack will be about new races and probably new combo race/class (subraces?), but no new class.

I. The Burning Crusade (2007) = new combo race/class + 2 new races
    II. Wrath of the Lich King (2008) = DK
    III. Cataclysm (2010) = 2 new races + new race/class combo
    IV. Mists of Pandaria (2012) = Monk + pandaren
    V. Warlords of Draenor (2014) = Classic Warcraft races updated
    VI. Legion (2016) = DH + 1 new class race/combo
    VII: XXXX (2018) = new races? subraces? new race/class combo?
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Out of over 12,500 active posters on this forum.

Yeah, truly a landslide.

And many MORE people DONT support it.

Way to say nothing.
    Nice movement of the goalpost.

Btw, in that older poll, more supported it than not supported it.

Tinker Class
    Let me play PvE while I PvE so I can raid while I raid
    lultinkerclass

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    "So much community support?"

Uh.. wat? Its the same dozen people in every thread here, and about two dozen people on the WoW forums. There's no one really clammoring for a Tinker class, just a tiny bunch of people that will not let it go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    It's not because a bad idea is posted every week by the same 3 guys that it suddenly becomes a good idea.
    It's called irony. I'm 100% sure that Tinker will never be a class in WoW.

Deleted
    The idea of a tinkerer doesn't really interest me. Not sure what class i'd like, a ranged class after the trend of all new classes being melee

Deleted
    I'd prefer a 4th spec for most classes honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I'd rather have artificers.

Tinkers would just blow themselves up all the time. They're so goofy and stupid. It'd just be like monks all over again where few people play them.
    If it's Mech-driving tinkers, I don't think they would be as unpopular as Monks, and Gelbin certainly didn't look goofy or stupid during Broken Shore. People appear to really enjoy the concept of riding around in a mechanical suit, and it would be something very different than what's in the game currently. I think the class would be quite successful, if implemented properly.

Blizzard's tired design for new classes...

Make them OP for that xpac - it's the new class so it has to be better!

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Blizzard's tired design for new classes...

Make them OP for that xpac - it's the new class so it has to be better!
    Hmm.... of the three classes introduced so far, only the Death Knight was "OP" for their expansion. Monks were underwhelmingly underpowered and Demon Hunters are 'there', for the lack of a better word.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Hmm.... of the three classes introduced so far, only the Death Knight was "OP" for their expansion. Monks were underwhelmingly underpowered and Demon Hunters are 'there', for the lack of a better word.
    Well, Demon Hunters have been pretty OP as well but Blizzard was quick to fix things. Monks never were on par with other top specs, that's right and one of the reasons why the class gets disdained by most players.

100% on board with the tinker class! it's one of the few class ideas that's actually unique and haven't been focused on other classes like spell breaker, shadow hunter, necromancer etc.

5+ Year Old Account
    i would like to see more intresting class than tinker , cuz i dont like guns , rockets in rpg i know there is eng already but it is something diffrent than class

Game is FAR overdue for another healer or ranged DPS class. I guess tinker could do that, although it would seem to clash with the whole mech thing. Problem is that the engineering/robot/tech thing is so general that it could fill any role with enough metal gymnastics.

I don't know, I just get an overwhelming sense of "meh" at the thought of any more gnome/goblin nonsense. As many other people have said, I'd MUCH rather get a 4th spec, or some kind of crossover capability rather than a new class at this point. We've got the bases covered, now it's time to start adding depth back to the classes we already have.

Deleted
    Please don't make out that a handful of people voting is a community consensus as it seems like Blizzard gets confused and acts upon these statements. I suspect it's how the idea that "tanks should DPS" came about as they said lots of people wanted it yet I've never ever spoken to a tank who wanted to dps, whilst tanking.

Perhaps they could use tinker as a means to salvage the mess that is survival hunters as that seems to be another case of "people wanted melee hunters" who? who wanted this? as I can't find them in game and only come across a handful of supporters on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    Please don't make out that a handful of people voting is a community consensus as it seems like Blizzard gets confused and acts upon these statements. I suspect it's how the idea that "tanks should DPS" came about as they said lots of people wanted it yet I've never ever spoken to a tank who wanted to dps, whilst tanking.

Perhaps they could use tinker as a means to salvage the mess that is survival hunters as that seems to be another case of "people wanted melee hunters" who? who wanted this? as I can't find them in game and only come across a handful of supporters on forums.
    Nah, the Tinker concept doesn't gel with the Hunter class or the Survival spec. A better option would be to make the Survival spec more like Rexxar from HotS and the Beastmaster hero from WC3.

At this point, I'd like for blizz to focus on more customization races/classes already in game as well as new and innovative mechanics, rather than shove a new classes just for the hell of it.

they cant balance what they have so no

Quote Originally Posted by Cyero View Post
    100% on board with the tinker class! it's one of the few class ideas that's actually unique and haven't been focused on other classes like spell breaker, shadow hunter, necromancer etc.
    Holy necro, Batman!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyero View Post
    A tinker is more in wow then any of thoses other ideas as engineers have litteraly every thing a tinker would have, mech suits, robot pets, bombs, turrets, healing guns, ect.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an engineer irl I'd say yes. But for an actual class in-game I have my doubts. I'd like to see the race that is this class to be fully, or at least partially, mechanical. A cyborg or full on android essentially.