Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't trust Capcom to make a REmake as good as the first one. Best case scenario, it's like RE4, and that's still worse than the original RE2.

Expect another Operation Raccoon City.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love all the games, until 4 was launched. Don't get me wrong, 4 was an amazing game, but it was a borderline game that was teetering between a full blown action game, while holding onto some elements that made the previous games great. Outside of the starting area and a few places in the castle, it never felt like the previous games. Honestly, if it wasn't for the initial village I would have probably disliked the game a whole lot more. When the entire town attacks you and you have to ward off some of those fucking chainsaw wielding villagers, it's one of the only times in gaming I had an adrenaline rush and or was anxious at playing a game.

Pre-rendered backgrounds obviously don't fit in today's landscape, but I doubt any of us that grew up with the games back then would have cared or noticed. When I was 12 and 14 all I could distinguish was that the game was atmospheric as hell and looked good. While the genre is better because of control changes, I can't help but think that elements of the atmosphere of the game is lost when you can actually control you character better (as bizarre as that sounds). Being able to quickly move in addition to having more control of the camera actually takes away from some of what makes the game good. Obviously I don't want to go back to that, but the point still stands.

The Resident Evil 1 remake for Gamecube was amazing, and if they aim for that level for RE2, I'd be happy.

Resident Evil should never be an action game. The only positive thing about the move to the more action oriented games were that the controls improved, that was about it. The Resident Evil I remember is about zombies, puzzles, survival and atmosphere. The games difficulty from 4 onward centered on combat, more than the formula of the old games. I think there is room for combat improvement in the old games to make combat more fun, but the main focus on the game shouldn't be about fucking combat.

As miserable and frustrating as it was, realizing you couldn't win because you were too reckless with ammunition or medical supplies should be a staple in this game. Not smart AI that drops magical items to replace ammo/herbs based on the status of your health and/or what weapons you're utilizing. Frustrating puzzles that require you to pay attention to the environment, previous scenes or journals scattered around the game are also a staple. EVEN THOUGH NO POLICE STATION IN THE WORLD WOULD HAVE THESE OBSCURE STATUES OR KEY HOLES MODELED AFTER CHESS PIECES BECAUSE IT MAKES ZERO SENSE, NOT HAVING THAT KINDA SHIT IN A RESIDENT EVIL GAME IS WAY WORSE.

Resident Evil puzzles don't have to make sense in the world, but they need to be there. They make the game frustrating, they make you pay attention, otherwise you have to systematically go through every permutation of possibilities until you finally do the combination that works (which I did on a couple puzzles spanning the genre).

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34...evil-2-remake/

So this is interesting. The header for the RE twitter has added space for a new game and changed the title font to the RE2 version. Considering RE7 just had its last dlc and GOTY edition equivalent release i think its probably the beginnings of the REmake 2 marketing push.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34...evil-2-remake/

So this is interesting. The header for the RE twitter has added space for a new game and changed the title font to the RE2 version. Considering RE7 just had its last dlc and GOTY edition equivalent release i think its probably the beginnings of the REmake 2 marketing push.
    Awesome.......
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Now with microtransactions and loot boxes.. just like the old days right ?
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-01-14 at 07:08 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Now with microtransactions and loot boxes.. just like the old days right ?
    if you buy this lootbox you may get this gun that has a 13 bullet clip instead of 12, just 3.99 lol

tired of you characters black hair get this darker black hair for just 2.99

10+ Year Old Account
    GODS are you fucking serious? FINALLY. It's like the ONLY RE game that doesn't have an HD version. Or at least doesn't look like a PS1 game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    GODS are you fucking serious? FINALLY. It's like the ONLY RE game that doesn't have an HD version. Or at least doesn't look like a PS1 game.
    is there an re3 remaster im missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I don't trust Capcom to make a REmake as good as the first one. Best case scenario, it's like RE4, and that's still worse than the original RE2.

Expect another Operation Raccoon City.
    2015, huh, interesting how things change.

After RE7, I kind of trust them a bit more.

Then again, they just released Not A Hero and End of Zoe...

With this much disparity between titles and even DLC, it's hard to predict what will they do with REmake 2.

Well the trailers out with a release date of january:

So what we can see is an RE4-ish camera style which will probably work well with the long corridors and alleyways but also some stranger angles when not aiming which could get disorientating if its snap to aiming but its nice to see some kind of blend of the two styles. More interesting is the changes. For the people that don't know the REmake of the first game on the gamecube was not just better graphics but improved puzzles and layout but also totally new content including monsters, story and so on. Theres already stuff RE fans who adore the PS1 era stuff are noting is different not just in layout but in progression by the looks of it. Also it looks like maybe a zombie eating a victim sort of heals which might be a nod back to the fact the t virus infectees arent really dead just terminally ill and the brains forcing them to eat flesh to try and stem the degeneration of their own.

Overall it looks good but really aside from the trash fire of marvel when hasn't a capcom game looked good this gen?

I see they're still trying to redesign the characters. First it was Chris in RE7, now Leon, Ada and Claire.

The original ones were always a bit too anime-pretty for a horror game, and they do seem to be going for a more "realistic" western horror style nowadays.

They didn't show a lot, but what's there looks decent. Let's see if this franchise can crawl its way back from the grave.

oh bwoy

"Resident Evil 2 offers a fresh take on the classic survival horror saga with breathtakingly realistic visuals, heart-poundingly immersive audio, a new over-the-shoulder camera, and modernized controls on top of gameplay modes from the original game."

15+ Year Old Account
    I was a but worried about it, but it looks so slow and dark. I love it

My most favorite thing at E3 looks scary again.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Out of all the games announced at E3 which have peaked my interest, this takes my Golden Syrup award for Best in Show.

Easily my favorite game of all time and instant buy given their track record with the exceptional REmake 1 and, to a lesser extent, Zero. The point of view from a rat also gives me the impression that they're not skimping on attention to detail either while creating a more atmospheric, cinematic experience.

As far as I am concerned, this is an instant buy for me even though tank controls and static cameras will always be how I remember RE2.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I see they're still trying to redesign the characters. First it was Chris in RE7, now Leon, Ada and Claire.

The original ones were always a bit too anime-pretty for a horror game, and they do seem to be going for a more "realistic" western horror style nowadays.

They didn't show a lot, but what's there looks decent. Let's see if this franchise can crawl its way back from the grave.
    They looked like that because the original game, "Bio hazard" was only for PAL-Japanese Playstations and was inspired by a game titled "Sweet Home" created by Tokuro Fujiwara.

Its 100% Japanese ported over to NTSC-American Playstations and re-branded to Resident Evil due to not being able to trademark the name "Bio Hazard.

More than you needed to know -_- BUT thats why they appear to be the product of anime design.
    Last edited by Rad1um; 2018-06-12 at 01:49 PM. Reason: words

Still horror?
    Looks like i will pass again
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I love everything about it except how derpy Claire looks. She's probably my favorite character in the series and she looks so off. I know Leon looks different but at least I can see what they were going for and how he still looks like him a bit.

and now we await all the gruesome forms of William in January

Also I think the dogs and lickers might be particularly terrifying to come across in this rendition.

nice to see Marvin tho!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    ... So, I need a new pair of underwear, asking for a friend!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann