Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halwyn View Post
    I wouldn't say Thrall 'cheated', but just because it wasn't a 'proper' Mak'gora for the number of reasons, so the rules don't actually apply there. Just two orcs duking it out with all of their might, and Thrall having a magical advantage over Garrosh. Which is a bigger deal in lore than in-game (referring to the time Thrall easily fought off his alternate warrior self just because he had shamanistic magic backing him up in "War Crimes"). If it WAS a Mak'gora, though, yeah, Thrall played dirty.
    i mean i call cheated because it was not fair, he shot a lavaburst in Garry face the same way people trow sand in your eyes to get the uphand, seized the moment and arrested him on rocks, that was low.

Ogres... Maybe. But I'm preferring more agile warriors myself, and Ogre size basically urges him to use very heavy weapons and being clad in heavy plate, making him extremely powerful and, by extension, extremely slow. A more agile opponent, like a Human, a Troll or a Night Elf might be able to outmaneuver him.
    well big boys can be agile too, look at caerne, big than ogres, old, and matched in speed with Garry,

Im pretty sure Ogres would just use a weapon, not plate or heavy armor.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-01-14 at 09:36 PM.

Toranaar, the king of the Aldrachi? Sargeras had to come down himself to beat him.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-01-14 at 09:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Toranaar, the king of the Aldrachi? Sargeras had to come down himself to beat him.
    Not only that he also manages to wounded Sargeras a little bit. He was defeated by an enraged angry Sargeras so it wasn't just cakewalk for him either.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Not only that he also manages to wounded Sargeras a little bit. He was defeated by an enraged angry Sargeras so it wasn't just cakewalk for him either.
    Sargeras was apparently playing with Toranaar for days, trying to wear him down, subdue him and make him accept his offer. Toranaar struck him after he made Sargeras believe that he pledged himself to him.

Regardless, he slew thousands of demons on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    That's simply not true, sorry - 13 years not paying attention it seems
    No human warrior has beat a high ranking orc 1v1. Apart for Varian, when he's going Lo'Gosh, at which point, is he isn't even a warrior, he's a demigod. I'm not great with the lore, but I know a bit. From what I can tell, your basing allot of your comments on the damn movie, which isn't even cannon. Orc warriors are second to none, just as night elf / human mages are second to none.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    No human warrior has beat a high ranking orc 1v1. Apart for Varian, when he's going Lo'Gosh, at which point, is he isn't even a warrior, he's a demigod. I'm not great with the lore, but I know a bit. From what I can tell, your basing allot of your comments on the damn movie, which isn't even cannon. Orc warriors are second to none, just as night elf / human mages are second to none.
    Danath killed Kilrogg Deadeye in a duel 1 vs 1 and Kilrogg was not low ranking orc and was not a pushover so yeah here we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i mean i call cheated because it was not fair, he hoot a lavaburst in Garry face the same people trow sand in your eyes to get the uphand, seized the moment and arrested him on rocks, that was low.
    Well, if he hit him a chest with that instead, I'd imagine Garrosh's chest muscles would get damaged enough for him to become an easy target for a follow-up anyway. But it wasn't (again, IMO, many rules broken by either side) a Mak'gora and it was life-or-death scenario with his wife watching. Can't imagine Thrall leaving his kid fatherless, just because "it's not fair to melt people's faces with lava" thing

well big guys can be agile too, look at caerne, big than ogres, old,and matched in speed with Garry,

Im pretty sure Ogres would just use a weapon, not plate or heavy armor.
    Well, wouldn't using JUST a weapon make an Ogre an easy target for someone who can dodge it and go for any major weak spot within the blade's reach? If we're talking about armorless combat the ability to actually land a blow is important, and ogres don't really shine in that regard if their strike doesn't connect.

Considering your comparison, while I do agree and actually know a few serious bodybuilders who are suprisingly flexible and fast, given ther looks... Garrosh is known to be quite bulky, even by Orc standarts, unlike his father, so he wouldn't be that far away from Cairne in terms of body builds. So them being a good match with Cairne isn't something unexpected, it's just Cairne, relying on vast his battle experience, doesn't have to move that much to counter Garrosh's attacks. Technique versus brute strength. Plus... well. Difference in weapon choices, I'd bet my money on someone fighting with a spear, rather than a two-handed axe, but that's just my opinion, thinking it a more versatile weapon choice.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    wheres broxigar ?
    I think Broxigar isnot strong enough.
    yeah, he managed to give small wound to sargeras. and he killed lots of demons. how? because he was good warrior. he was suicidal. and he had experience fighting demons. and for Sargeras it was first time to encounter an orc + he didnot expect that somebody would dare charge at him. and that's all. yes. he is cool character but not so OP as some ppl want him to be

he was kicked several times by some random kaldorei warriors.
    meanwhile same kaldorei were instantly sucked by some random felhunters. why? because these elves had no idea what felhunters were

p.s. also Grommash isnot much stronger. I think Blackhand or Orgrim would kick his ass

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halwyn View Post
    Can't imagine Thrall leaving his kid fatherless, just because "it's not fair to melt people's faces with lava" thing
    sure, but it was cheat

Well, wouldn't using JUST a weapon make an Ogre an easy target for someone who can dodge it and go for any major weak spot within the blade's reach? If we're talking about armorless combat the ability to actually land a blow is important, and ogres don't really shine in that regard if their strike doesn't connect.

Considering your comparison, while I do agree and actually know a few serious bodybuilders who are suprisingly flexible and fast, given ther looks... Garrosh is known to be quite bulky, even by Orc standarts, unlike his father, so he wouldn't be that far away from Cairne in terms of body builds. So them being a good match with Cairne isn't something unexpected, it's just Cairne, relying on vast his battle experience, doesn't have to move that much to counter Garrosh's attacks. Technique versus brute strength. Plus... well. Difference in weapon choices, I'd bet my money on someone fighting with a spear, rather than a two-handed axe, but that's just my opinion, thinking it a more versatile weapon choice.

Garrosh was bulky but matched on speed with Varian, who should be very agile.

I don't know if Ogres would be a easy target without armor, but i said Heavy armor, yet, gladiators didn't use many armor. The lesss mor could jut make then more agile to defend their weak spots, who knows, we already saw plenty of this trough history/movies, i mean, is just not impossible.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-01-14 at 10:23 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    I think Broxigar isnot strong enough.
    yeah, he managed to give small wound to sargeras. and he killed lots of demons. how? because he was good warrior. he was suicidal. and he had experience fighting demons. and for Sargeras it was first time to encounter an orc + he didnot expect that somebody would dare charge at him. and that's all. yes. he is cool character but not so OP as some ppl want him to be

he was kicked several times by some random kaldorei warriors.
    meanwhile same kaldorei were instantly sucked by some random felhunters. why? because these elves had no idea what felhunters were

p.s. also Grommash isnot much stronger. I think Blackhand or Orgrim would kick his ass
    Grom was one of the most gifted fighters because aside from speed and strength, he would be able to change fighting styles mid combat to fuck with his opponent.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post

HAHAHAAH,wait... are you serious? LUL

HAHAHAAH,wait... are you serious? LUL
    He was always portrayed as more lean and agile warrior.

It was in wod when they turned him into an orange-brown gorilla no. 1 806 687

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was always portrayed as more lean and agile warrior.

It was in wod when they turned him into an orange-brown gorilla no. 1 806 687
    he was lean and agile, but sure hell he was stronger, no way he would did that with manoroth if he wasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grom should be top of the list. He's the only one that managed to kill a demon lord.

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    wheres broxigar ?
    he's in a completely different league, he's in the "baddass warriors who've injured Sargeras" list

Garrosh was bulky but matched on speed with Varian, who should be very agile.

I don't know if Ogres would be a easy target without armor, but i said Heavy armor, yet, gladiators didn't use many armor. The els mor could jut make then moe agile to defend their weak spots, who knows, we already saw plenty of this trough history/movies, i mean is just not impossible.
    Very true, but Varian is usually depicted wearing a full plate armor (can't actually recall what he was wearing in their Wolfheart encounter, so help me out here if you can remember), while Garrosh preferred just the leather armored pants and the Tusks of Mannoroth. I'd imagine Varian's armor would be a lot heavier than Garrosh's and I imagine the latter not being slowed down by it as much, given his natural sterngth and endurance, as Varian would by his armor so I'd give Garrosh an edge in speed here anyways. If it'd be Varian in his Lo'Gosh armor, though...

About armor, yeah, true as well, but I can't really imagine light-armored or armorless Ogre warrior being a thing, even more so if we go outside of "dueling" scenario. I'd say heavy plate, in tandem with either a two-handed club/sword/axe, so the enemy blows would be absorbed by armor if they can get past an Ogre's swinging range, or a full Juggernaut mode with shield to shrug of f attacks and rely on his natural strength to hit the enemy back. Again, IMO.
    Last edited by Halwyn; 2018-01-14 at 10:43 PM.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Think some peeps don't Give Brox enough credit. Sure he had magic OP axe, but he actually had to land all those killing blows and not to get killed in the process. He single handedly stopped an onslaught of demons to go through the portal and made a mountain out of their corpses. That is pretty big, magic axe or not.

i find the lack of Broxigar in this thread disturbing

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Bless him, he thinks the movie is cannon
    Movie is far from cannon orgrim was never a frostwolf anduin lothar didnt kill blackhand it was orgrim.

- - - Updated - - -

This they only trade a few swings tough, Garry didn't even had Gorehwl this tiime.

roflstomped is just a way to say, Garry always had the uphand when Varian was not Cheating in wolf mode, And there are way better warriors than Garrosh, put Varian above all of those is just sad

- - - Updated - - -

Thrall cheated tough, but there are no important troll warrior on lore, they would probably be on top 5 at least, the close i can imagine is zul'jin

Im pretty sure if we had important ogre warriors they would probably be on top, imagine the strength of a ogre with a speed of a human and cunning of a orc, that would be haunting.
    How did thrall cheat you use what you have, its like saying garrosh cheated aswell cause he used poison so 2 cheats makes a right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

If we are talking about straight forward combat...

1. Grommash "Grom" Hellscream,
    2. Varian Wrynn,
    3. Kargath Bladefist,
    4. Orgrim Doomhammer,
    5. Anduin Lothar,
    6. Cairne Bloodhoof,
    7. Broxigar the Red,
    8. Genn Greymane,
    9. Varok Saurfang,
    10. Danath Trollbane,

Counting on everything i have read and seen about Warcraft lore (more than 15 years experience and yes, i have read all novels and the short stories), this is the list of the most deadly 10 warriors in direct combat. If OP is asking about leadership, troop/army management and other stuff, the list would be different ofc.