Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard Store Quality Control Failure

So I decide to order the Blizzard Store exclusive D.VA pop vinyl for my SO's upcoming birthday. It's her favorite hero and preferred skin in-game, which makes it double awesome. After a little bit of a shipping delay (which is really no big deal), I noticed something odd upon opening the shipping container:

It was open at both ends. I removed the figure from its packaging, and upon further inspection, observed many issues consistent with regular handling:

As well as evidence of having been on a rough or unfinished surface:

But the most egregious detail was the damaged hood latch:

And the biggest kick in the pants? It'll take weeks to replace, unless I order another one and opt for the refund on the busted one (which will take over a month to process) and either way, her birthday is day after tomorrow. I'm SOL with this one. Support was adamant that the item wasn't a return, display or compromised in any way. Typical.

Anyone else had a similar experience with Blizzard? I've honestly never been shit on by their gear store like this before.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

"I have discovered the fact that manufacturing processes are imperfect. I should make a thread on the MMO-C forums about this!"

I just don't understand people's thought processes (or lack thereof) sometimes... People are human. They make mistakes. I'm betting their customer service treated you very well; don't take it for granted.

It is funko pop what did you expect?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    "I have discovered the fact that manufacturing processes are imperfect. I should make a thread on the MMO-C forums about this!"

I just don't understand people's thought processes (or lack thereof) sometimes... People are human. They make mistakes. I'm betting their customer service treated you very well; don't take it for granted.
    I'm familiar with manufacturing defects present in pop vinyls. Or did you miss the part where there are obvious signs of post-manufacture tampering?

And who said what about a thought process?

For the record, the second rep was very cordial, the first one was completely disinterested.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryan92084 View Post
    It is funko pop what did you expect?
    Something new, not lightly used.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    So I decide to order the Blizzard Store exclusive D.VA pop vinyl for my SO's upcoming birthday. It's her favorite hero and preferred skin in-game, which makes it double awesome. After a little bit of a shipping delay (which is really no big deal), I noticed something odd upon opening the shipping container:

It was open at both ends. I removed the figure from its packaging, and upon further inspection, observed many issues consistent with regular handling:

And the biggest kick in the pants? It'll take weeks to replace, unless I order another one and opt for the refund on the busted one (which will take over a month to process) and either way, her birthday is day after tomorrow. I'm SOL with this one. Support was adamant that the item wasn't a return, display or compromised in any way. Typical.

Anyone else had a similar experience with Blizzard? I've honestly never been shit on by their gear store like this before.
    Your choices are simple. Either:
    1) give the 'defective' one to your SO and /shrug

2) Let her see the one you have explain to her that the one you received was 'defective' and:
    2a) it will be a while to have it replaced
    2b) start the refund process and just order a new one in the mean time

3) @ Blizzard on twitter/forums/email and demand them personally hand deliver (wherever the fuck it is you live probably no where near Cali) a pristine, quality inspected, perfect mint condition figure. And they better throw in coupons for Sizzler for your inconvenience while they're at it

I mean, I really don't know what you hoped to accomplish with this thread or through contacting Customer Service. Maybe next time don't want till your gfs birthday is literally a week away?

edit: in regards to reps denying that it's used, they only really know what they've been told and/or follow a script. In all reality there shouldn't be any used but it looks like the one you received was probably just a damaged batch. I get shit all the time FRESH out of the box/pack/bag that has those paint scrapes. Happens all the time when packaging/shipping shit. Sharpie/model paint is your friend. And for the fingerprint/smudge (if that's what it is), someone had to put it in the box and they don't always wear gloves or avoid pieces like that. Then again, maybe they're all packaged by automatons in a factory in which case why would you expect a defect to slip through the cracks when you don't want anyone handling your merch to inspect the quality?
    Last edited by Sparklelord; 2018-01-16 at 01:41 AM.

Shit happens.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stop buying funko pops and buy nendos.

show it to your SO and let her decide to wait or order new / refund. It they get mad about that... well that's another issue / mmo-c post.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Give them the crappy one then trade out the better one later while your "SO" is asleep.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post

Ahh yes, the scapegoat for every corporation that doesn't give a flying fuck about their customers, "good customer service".

In other words 'here are products that are worthless to us please keep buying things.'
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Launch a complaint with the credit card if they won't issue a refund. State that you didn't get what you paid for and they refuse to issue the refund. Simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    I mean, I really don't know what you hoped to accomplish with this thread
    Anyone else had a similar experience with Blizzard? It's in the OP, the question is right there.

Maybe next time don't want till your gfs birthday is literally a week away?
    Again, in the OP, I stated there was a shipping delay. A two-week shipping delay due to stocking/holiday I imagine.

Thanks for the help though cutie.

Birthdays are irrelevant in the first place. Replace the crappy one with a better one and give it to her. You think shes really going to care if its late if you explain that the one you were sent was in poor condition?

10+ Year Old Account
    You know you can pick up this shit at WalMart right?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Birthdays are irrelevant in the first place. Replace the crappy one with a better one and give it to her. You think shes really going to care if its late if you explain that the one you were sent was in poor condition?
    Pretty much. Could also just tell her you got her something but it arrived damaged so it's got to be replaced and it'll be a while before she can get it if you want to keep it a surprise.

Either way, as long as they're willing to swap it out, it should be fine. As for the reps, sometimes you get ones who really want to help and other times you get the ones who are only there because it's a paying job and they'll do the bare minimum to get a paycheck. Just all depends on luck of who you get to talk to I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    You know you can pick up this shit at WalMart right?
    Fairly certain that D.Va in particular is a blizzard-store only appearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just need to say it, funko pops suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!! Hate those stupid bobble head parodies of beloved characters.
    #boycottchina

Anyone else had a similar experience with Blizzard? It's in the OP, the question is right there.
    Well the title is 'Blizzard Store Quality Control Failure' when they most likely did their job and you threw a tantrum. Even if you did have a shitty rep, it's probably exactly that, a shitty rep. I mean, it's right here in your OP:
    "I've honestly never been shit on by their gear store like this before."
    People/companies aren't perfect. Stop pretending they are. If you take a deep breath, calm down and explain the situation to a rep, they'll probably kiss your ass and look into to see if there was something the rep could have done better and if not you won't hear about it anyways so you'll get to feel good about yourself.

Again, in the OP, I stated there was a shipping delay. A two-week shipping delay due to stocking/holiday I imagine.

Thanks for the help though cutie.
    "After a little bit of a shipping delay (which is really no big deal)"
    So I'm to assume that a 'little bit' is two weeks delay (you know, before it even leaves their location)? I mean you even said it was no big deal. Not my fault you don't provide clear and concise information. You sure you don't work in blizzard store customer service?

Thanks for noticing I'm cute though. :*

edit: On topic (and not the ever so clear whine thread/CS shaming you actually intended this to be) - Yes, I have had these kind of issues before in any business dealing with CS reps and EVERY single time I've had them resolved by politely explaining the situation and communicating like a grown up. That's the way companies work. If you have a problem, you talk to somebody and they fix it. And if they don't, most likely you're dealing with a shitty company or communicating poorly.
    Last edited by Sparklelord; 2018-01-16 at 02:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Launch a complaint with the credit card if they won't issue a refund. State that you didn't get what you paid for and they refuse to issue the refund. Simple.
    Don't do that. That's the literal definition of chargeback fraud. If you received the product (and this user did), then as far as your credit card company is concerned, the transaction was legitimate. Any satisfaction expectations you might have are between you and the seller, not the credit card company.

Chargeback fraud isn't a victimless crime, and you CAN get nailed for it. Especially if you conveniently publicly post pictures confirming you received the product you paid for, as you did here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the title is 'Blizzard Store Quality Control Failure' when they most likely did their job and you threw a tantrum. Even if you did have a shitty rep, it's probably exactly that, a shitty rep. I mean, it's right here in your OP:
    "I've honestly never been shit on by their gear store like this before."
    People/companies aren't perfect. Stop pretending they are. If you take a deep breath, calm down and explain the situation to a rep, they'll probably kiss your ass and look into to see if there was something the rep could have done better and if not you won't hear about it anyways so you'll get to feel good about yourself.

"After a little bit of a shipping delay (which is really no big deal)"
    So I'm to assume that a 'little bit' is two weeks delay (you know, before it even leaves their location)? I mean you even said it was no big deal. Not my fault you don't provide clear and concise information. You sure you don't work in blizzard store customer service?

Thanks for noticing I'm cute though. :*

edit: On topic (and not the ever so clear whine thread/CS shaming you actually intended this to be) - Yes, I have had these kind of issues before in any business dealing with CS reps and EVERY single time I've had them resolved by politely explaining the situation and communicating like a grown up. That's the way companies work. If you have a problem, you talk to somebody and they fix it. And if they don't, most likely you're dealing with a shitty company or communicating poorly.
    You're rallying behind a litany of baseless assumptions. I wasn't shaming CS, they shipped a damaged product, hence the QC title, not one about CS failing. CS was mostly fine. I'm sorry whatever it was about my thread triggered such a hefty response from you.