Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have some family who ooze drama and bring conflict with them wherever they go, so I keep my distance from them. But for the most part I don't "hate" any of my family.

Is anyone going to point out the ops original argument with his MOM included the phrase "not your plaything"?

Dunno about hate, but some of them certainly do piss me off a lot of times. But the underlying love is still there for me anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yes.

I never brought into the whole "blood means everything" pact. Id rather spend my time with people I want to spend my time with, rather than whatever genetic lottery you get.
    Annnnd here we have the future of the meaningless world of godless self-centeredness.

Because yeah, it couldn't be that - rather than adapt everything in life to your comfort - you might have been (providentially?) placed with people who can make you a better person. Nah!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate a lot of my family, they're a bunch of no good shitbags. I don't speak to anyone on my Dad's side of the family and I never will...they literally function like a high school clique...they didn't like my Mom and my Dad got sick with emphysema and they treated him like he was contagious. The treated their mother in law like complete shit too...the stole possessions of my Grandpa's and sold them for cash and even tried to take her car.

I could go on about them but I think this is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    My husband’s family is crazy. I won’t even allow his mother to see our kids. His grandmother and father are okay, but they don’t give two shits about me. I’m just “the wife” to them.
    Oh! Well, in that case, you are missing an apostrophe. It should be husbands'. We thought you were saying you didn't get along with any of your three husbands. Either way, sorry to hear about that. Old people can be weird.

I haven't seen any of my blood related family in over three years. Bunch of cynical parasites.

There is a difference in hate and just annoyed at, I am quite sure OP you don't hate your mom over that.

With that said I don't speak to 2/3 of my family and I haven't in years. Out of all the people in my family on all sides I only speak to about 5 of them.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    Annnnd here we have the future of the meaningless world of godless self-centeredness.

Because yeah, it couldn't be that - rather than adapt everything in life to your comfort - you might have been (providentially?) placed with people who can make you a better person. Nah!
    Life is short. Live it the way you wish.

No, I don't hate my immediate family (parents, siblings), though my older sister pisses me off so much. It's nothing but negativity with her.

Extended family? Yes, I hate most all of them. My grandmothers can rot in fucking hell for all I care (and one of them is rotting at the moment, while the other still lingers in life). I don't know my mother's side of the family, and don't really care to, so I don't have any feelings one way or the other. But my father's side? Oh how I hate most of them. Of course, they hate me, so the feelings are mutual. All because I wasn't born and raised in this shithole redneck hick town. I just gotta somehow find a way to get out of this shithole redneck hick town that I've spent the last 24 fucking years of my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike my uncles from my immediate family. Outside of my home state I dislike most of my family members.
    Today is Beautiful and so are you, here's to having a wonderful day.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I was being sarcastic when I said three. I really don’t give a shit about it being correct while I’m on my phone.
    /raise_hands

Just making sure .
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    My immediate family and I have been through some very trying times relationship wise, but you build bridges and get over it.

As for extended family? Love my Dad's side, but Mum's side is just kinda cold and distant, whatever.

Not hate so much as get disappointed. But I have enough perspective to see why they're regularly disappointed in my behavior to curb any resulting arrogance. Some members of my family are downright cripplingly irrational, meanwhile I'm quick to judge blame too early, take things for granted, and often don't do my fair share of the chores.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love all of my family except for my brother. I do hate my brother. He's gotten worse as the years have gone on, and he's a racist, sexist POS who only cares about himself. He goes out of his way to say and do nasty, hurtful things to his entire family and then expects that people should cater to his whims. He has no remorse.

7+ Year Old Account
    I fell out with my dad when he cheated on his current girlfriend at the time. She was such a nice person and yet my dad would treat her like shit. Hes the type of person who needs someone to keep him in check and unfortunately she was too soft and kind to fill that role. I don't see him that much these days but its in the past.

Other than that, ive had arguments but I can't say i've ever gone as far as saying I hated them.

Quote Originally Posted by TayFarr View Post
    Just got Into a whole debate with my mom throwing cursing bombs and everything because she told me she's not my friend across the street or plaything or whatever which I never said
    Your story?
    I'm so confused right now.

Nah, I have one aunt and uncle that I really dislike because they keep bragging about all the stuff they have despite the fact that everything they own is practically leased and they are in such massive debt that the house they live in is pretty much owned by the bank.

Just got Into a whole debate with my mom throwing cursing bombs and everything because she told me she's not my friend across the street or plaything or whatever which I never said
    Your story?
    Move out? Her house her rules.
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

10+ Year Old Account
    Your story?
    Yes, I do. My mother. And the story, it is too long to be bothered to write.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I wouldn’t say I hate my mom. Just very indifferent towards her. Her battles with addiction and Abusive relationships have caused me to stop caring.

I got cousins who I can’t stand to be around and haven’t been in years but they are all drug addicts and extremely trashy. Again I couldn’t say I hate them because that would mean I care about them and I don’t. If someone told me one of them died tomorrow I wouldn’t even care or be sad or go to their funeral.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours