Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

USA should be stricter on crime like Singapore

https://worldstarhiphop.com/videos/v...S7isQ1VXNI0EpG

Wonder if we could do that here. At least in the major cities I think we can.

Don't a lot of people consider Singapore's laws draconian?

Reminds me a bit of the Justice League episode where they are on the parallel earth, where people are taken away in black vans for complaning and alternative Superman had lobotomized all villains.
    Last edited by Elba; 2018-01-16 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    The OP is an Alt-Righter, so he's okay with a lil fascism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Deleted
    Probably because of strict laws

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    More caning will solve all that ails you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    that would mean he's a liberal.

them alt righters voting for hillary clinton. i know no bounds!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    ick too

i think about every situation without outside interference therefore i cannot be a liberal or conservative. i just am

I have no desire to force an authoritarian society onto others. That's the dream of fake conservatives who have a hard on for oppressing others. Fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    would be nice to go that many days without a crime being reported. how can anybody call that draconian is beyond me. i guess the criminals would lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    Well, as a lefty I can't argue with that. Liberals are sympathetic towards fascism as they both are capitalist ideologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I have no desire to force an authoritarian society onto others. That's the dream of fake conservatives who have a hard on for oppressing others. Fuck that.
    yeah having high prison population and criminals on every street is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    would be nice to go that many days without a crime being reported. how can anybody call that draconian is beyond me. i guess the criminals would lol.
    Sure, but how much personal freedom are you willing to trade? How draconian do you want punishments even more minor offenses to be to enforce peace?

10+ Year Old Account
    how do you know that?

10+ Year Old Account
    That’s culture more than just laws but agree with being tougher on violent crimes. I don’t approve of torture or inhuman conditions to achieve this though.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    You could move to Singapore and find out firsthand

yeah having high prison population and criminals on every street is much better.
    No, it's also not the solution. Get rid of unnecessary laws, and stop trying to turn imprisonment into a business. Pushing for a more authoritarian society goes against the principles that America supposedly represents (even if that is a false narrative, and always has been).

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You could move to Singapore and find out firsthand
    But make sure to leave your gum back home. Don't want to get caned.

I'm seriously doubting that Singapore has had 0 crimes during that time frame. Not to mention an already ridiculously small population and laws that would give Donny T and Banban some raging reich boners.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    how do you know that?
    His posting history.

Singapore is, in my opinion, draconian in many of its laws and penalties. However, the US could drastically improve its courts and criminal laws to be stricter on violence and less strict on nonviolent and drug related crimes.

Applying stricter penalties on crime will never happen in the US as they would be called racist since criminality is far higher in certain groups. Limiting the drug war would help balance that difference, but not eliminate it.