Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    The existence of sugar daddies angers me.

Those with money have too many privileges, privileges that often bypass morality and ethics.

If you can look at a college institution and go, "yeah, see that student body? yeah, they're paying their debt off the 'oldschool' way if ya know what i mean" and then queue governors and senators to apply for the Sugar Daddy role, something is seriously wrong with the morality of your country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post

Those with money have too many privileges, privileges that often bypass morality and ethics.

If you can look at a college institution and go, "yeah, see that student body? yeah, they're paying their debt off the 'oldschool' way if ya know what i mean" and then queue governors and senators to apply for the Sugar Daddy role, something is seriously wrong with the morality of your country.
    That has been a thing in every single iteration of human society that has ever existed though. Not necessarily with money, but with power or influence.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post

Prostitution is a new thing. It's definitely a sign our country is morally bankrupt /rolls eyes
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Being fucked over twice, the second time literally.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    That has been a thing in every single iteration of human society that has ever existed though. Not necessarily with money, but with power or influence.
    Obviously that does not make it desirable behavior. We could, as a society, do something about it, if we so chose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Obviously that does not make it desirable behavior. We could, as a society, do something about it, if we so chose.
    We truly can't, in all honesty. There's no way to stop the human nature of exerting power to gain favours from others or those without power using their bodies to gain influence. Nothing in the history of humankind has ever worked, and there is no realistic scenario where anything will.

*shrugs* A pretty girl that doesn't want to have to deal with huge debt from getting an education...this isn't much in the way of news.

We truly can't, in all honesty. There's no way to stop the human nature of exerting power to gain favours from others or those without power using their bodies to gain influence. Nothing in the history of humankind has ever worked, and there is no realistic scenario where anything will.
    We can take steps to minimize gross levels of inequality that would make selling one's body seem like less of an appealing option.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can take steps to minimize gross levels of inequality that would make selling one's body seem like less of an appealing option.
    That hasn't worked in the past, why would it in the future?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    *shrugs* A pretty girl that doesn't want to have to deal with huge debt from getting an education...this isn't much in the way of news.
    Meanwhile other pretty girls are having meaningful relationships and not selling their body for $$$

No respectable guy is gonna date that hoe after they find out about it.

She really limited her options by doing this and is probably gonna be stuck with some guy like this in empty relationships until she can't do it anymore.

That's the flip side. Kinda sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Meanwhile other pretty girls are having meaningful relationships and not selling their body for $$$
    Yeah...and?
    News at 11?
    Not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    @Tennis maybe you should go out and find you a soulmate that you can confide in instead of wasting your life trying to confide in total strangers on the internet that mostly hate you
    Lol. I am not trying to win a popularity contest on here. If they want to waste their time being haters then that's their loss.

That hasn't worked in the past, why would it in the future?
    I mean clearly it has as we haven't had to deal with young women having to sell their bodies in order to get a college education in the US before now.

I mean, she's a whore. Call a spade a spade. Only fucking one guy at a time for money as opposed to many different partners doesn't mean you're not a whore. No need to give it a different name. That fact that she's hiding it from actual boyfriends, or potential boyfriends, means she knows what she's doing is "wrong."

She's a disgusting human being, and not strictly because she's having sex for money. I'm not against prostitution or anything, but this should be regulated just as much as hookers in Vegas.

One gets a suger daddy, 10 others start as cam girls.

You make it hard to pay for an education and people will find ways to get the money.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean clearly it has as we haven't had to deal with young women having to sell their bodies in order to get a college education in the US before now.
    Have you never heard of stripping through college before? Hell, you think that sugar daddies in all but name didn't exist prior to this? This is not a new thing, it's just a new iteration of it made easy and official through a website.

Let's part the kimono a bit more a look back in time to when most people weren't going to college, or further back into every human civilisation that has ever existed. Not a single instance where humans didn't sell their bodies to get ahead, no matter what laws or support systems existed.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2018-01-17 at 12:59 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the only distasteful part of the whole thing is the school administrator who looks down on her activities.

If anything, if US schools are going to charge so damn much for education that they put most Millennials into lifelong debt to get a shot at a better life - they should be helping them find Sugar Daddies to pay for education.

"Here's $400k in student loans, and here's a website where you can entertain strangers to earn that $400k." - should come with your orientation package.

Or, you know, they could charge a real number for education.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Why don't you get married instead so you have a soulmate to confide in.
    that's not how this works...that's not how anything works.
    You have got to be 12 coz you have no idea who real life works

It's great that we live in a country that empowers women to be able to pay for their education in ways largely inaccessible to men. Go feminism!

Meh. Two adults can do whatever they want.

And I agree with one of the earlier posters that said that it's unfortunate that the cost of higher education is so high that students have to resort to this.