Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

"Da first one been told."

"Dat blade has shiny eye. Always watching us. Why you no see it?

Three lies. Da first one been told.

Bound by dat throne? No. Free. Free!

Da next one gonna come soon. Maybe dey see dis one."

~ Ogmot's Dream Journal

- - - Updated - - -

But where was the lie? I've watched this a couple of times, and I'm not seeing it.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    "Dat blade has shiny eye. Always watching us. Why you no see it?

Three lies. Da first one been told.

Bound by dat throne? No. Free. Free!

Da next one gonna come soon. Maybe dey see dis one."

~ Ogmot's Dream Journal

- - - Updated - - -

But where was the lie? I've watched this a couple of times, and I'm not seeing it.

ive been asking/hunting around for the same thing. I cant find it in the parts where they talk. I think its during the part where his speech is muffled perhaps? When genn and shaw are talking?

Also who is the "she" leading sheep off a cliff. Jaina? Sylvannas? Who are the crows?

So many questions!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Deleted
    Good point, tried it as well.
    At this moment I can't play it myself (EU ._.) but are there any other dialogues from him?
    Because at this point I would rank Ogmut under the categorie "bait" (unlike a certain tree, who was right with things)

Shaw. Notice the musical cue, his change in stance and gait (slight change in eye colour for a moment). Genn questioning why he is back so soon. The entire plot is that someone is setting the horde up vs the alliance. Shaw is the device (once again), in my eyes.

If the cinematic has a clue on alliance side towards a lie being told, that would be it. No one ever claimed that the boy king would tell lies of his own creation. Remember, a king often relies on his subjects. And that can be exploited. Hence, why he might serve at the master's table?

Start the video from 0:40 and try to not pay heed to Anduin, but Genn and Shaw.
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2018-01-17 at 07:07 AM.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Presumably, it's a reference to the same thing as Il'gynoth's whispers:

The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you.
    So, taking into account the boy-king thing, that would mean that Anduin has offered one lie already. But if Anduin is the one who offered a lie, and not another character like Shaw or Genn, then what could he have lied about?

The comment about being bound (or more specifically, not being bound) by a throne is interesting. The only figure I can think of that even remotely lines up with that is the Lich King/Bolvar, but it wouldn't really make sense anyway. Not only does he have pretty much nothing to do with anything Anduin has said and done, but being "bound" to the Frozen Throne has never really been an issue for any Lich King. So it's definitely not that.

In the absence of that, which throne is being referred to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Has Wrathion uttered any BS this patch yet? It's still entirely possible he is the "boy king".
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Has Wrathion uttered any BS this patch yet? It's still entirely possible he is the "boy king".
    I think it'd be a bit of a cop-out to wrap back around to Wrathion being an Old God stooge, given that the point of his character's existence is to be a black dragon that's free of their influence. That's not to say it can't happen, it's just a bit of a lame climax for his story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    I think it'd be a bit of a cop-out to wrap back around to Wrathion being an Old God stooge, given that the point of his character's existence is to be a black dragon that's free of their influence. That's not to say it can't happen, it's just a bit of a lame climax for his story.
    I mean... It's blizzard we're talking about here... Their writing isn't always stellar... And Ebonhorn fills that role of uncorrupted black dragon too, so Wrathion is free to fall off the wagon.

Wrathion's story so far has been one colossal fuck up anyways, what's one more instance of him screwing shit up again? All he's done so far is :

Exist to give us a Legendary

Break Garrosh out of prison and send him off to AUDraenor where his plan predictably faceplants and blows up in his face, resulting in the Iron Horde and the Legion's premature re-invasion of Azeroth.

Disappear for all of the Legion invasion that he was directly responsible for.

If I were my Paladin, I'd straight up ram the Ashbringer through his chest if I ever saw him again. That moron's actions have resulted in the deaths of far too many people to be allowed to keep fucking more shit up.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-01-17 at 07:40 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Atelniar View Post
    Shaw. Notice the musical cue, his change in stance and gait (slight change in eye colour for a moment). Genn questioning why he is back so soon. The entire plot is that someone is setting the horde up vs the alliance. Shaw is the device (once again), in my eyes.

If the cinematic has a clue on alliance side towards a lie being told, that would be it. No one ever claimed that the boy king would tell lies of his own creation. Remember, a king often relies on his subjects. And that can be exploited. Hence, why he might serve at the master's table?

Start the video from 0:40 and try to not pay heed to Anduin, but Genn and Shaw.
    There's also a strange sound effect just as Shaw steps up. Seems similar to the sound rogues make when entering stealth.

Also, I'm not super expert on alliance characters, but is Shaw's eye color a hint? That green of his eyes speaks of the Fel that's been the theme for the entire Legion expansion. I don't know if it's relevant, but my gut tells me it's something.

The sword with a shiny eye - Sargaras's sword, or Shalamayne?

Has Anduin said anything worthwhile to be considered as one of the 3 lies so far?

15+ Year Old Account
    The "He" offering three lies doesn't need to be a person we see. This also is clearly suggesting that someone is freed by way of Sargeras being imprisoned at the seat of the pantheon.

Anduin can be "serving" (aka sitting) at the master's (Nzoth's) table and N'zoth will offer three lies (the void = lies).

The lie could be that Sargeras is defeated or in any way hindered by the chaining at the pantheon (the first lie is told, can't people see? the sword in the ground doesn't mean he is gone and he is still watching, maybe they'll see the next lie).

Ooooh, this is interesting. Anyone care to explain where that Ogmot quote is from, and why it is relevant here? I'm clueless, but I'm trying to catch up on the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Presumably, it's a reference to the same thing as Il'gynoth's whispers:

So, taking into account the boy-king thing, that would mean that Anduin has offered one lie already. But if Anduin is the one who offered a lie, and not another character like Shaw or Genn, then what could he have lied about?

The comment about being bound (or more specifically, not being bound) by a throne is interesting. The only figure I can think of that even remotely lines up with that is the Lich King/Bolvar, but it wouldn't really make sense anyway. Not only does he have pretty much nothing to do with anything Anduin has said and done, but being "bound" to the Frozen Throne has never really been an issue for any Lich King. So it's definitely not that.

In the absence of that, which throne is being referred to?
    I interpreted the "bound by a throne" to refer to Sargeras, since he's now imprisoned at the pantheon upon the throne he once sat at. Perhaps he is not as restrained as well as we would like to think he is. All it would take for the prophecy to be true would be Anduin saying as much; "Sargeras has been bound". He would technically be lying to us (unknowingly) if it turned out that, for instance, Sargeras had some sort of remaining influence beyond his seat at the pantheon... perhaps it refers to his sword? Despite his imprisonment, the sword was still "free" to wreck havoc on Azeroth.

Potentially, but I'm leaning more toward Anduin. In the scenario where Alleria visits silvermoon to extend an invitation to the blood elves and see the sunwell, Lor'themar specifically refers to Anduin as her "boy-king". It felt as though Blizz was aiming to be less subtle so more people could catch on to what they are foreshadowing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    The sword with a shiny eye - Sargaras's sword, or Shalamayne?
    Could be referring to the Shadow Priests legendary weapon. It could also refer to a metaphorical eye like a pommel/hilt holding a gemstone. At this point it's anyones games but the most obvious at this point is either the two you said. Blizzard likes to play with us so who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    The "He" offering three lies doesn't need to be a person we see. This also is clearly suggesting that someone is freed by way of Sargeras being imprisoned at the seat of the pantheon.

Anduin can be "serving" (aka sitting) at the master's (Nzoth's) table and N'zoth will offer three lies (the void = lies).

The lie could be that Sargeras is defeated or in any way hindered by the chaining at the pantheon (the first lie is told, can't people see? the sword in the ground doesn't mean he is gone and he is still watching, maybe they'll see the next lie).
    It'd be weird for a servant of the Old Gods to refer to their own gospel as "lies", though. If anything, they'd be super into calling it the truth. That's why I'm leaning towards it being a more conventional lie, told by the "boy king" in their service to N'zoth.

From a structural standpoint, I don't see Sargeras still having influence being a thing. We're done with Legion story for now, and I don't see them returning to it that quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by blobthebob View Post
    Ooooh, this is interesting. Anyone care to explain where that Ogmot quote is from, and why it is relevant here? I'm clueless, but I'm trying to catch up on the lore.
    Ogmot's journal can be looted from him in Silithus, where he wanders around a Twilight Hammer camp as an elite. The journal goes on for several pages, but this was the most interesting one imho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    This also is clearly suggesting that someone is freed by way of Sargeras being imprisoned at the seat of the pantheon.
    I read that as N'zoth being freed when Sargeras's sword was plunged into Azeroth. Why did Sargeras stab that particular spot? Perhaps it was a last ditch effort to slay a servant of the void, but because he was being pulled away, he only succeeded in breaking open his prison?

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    Just a thought: What if Anduin isn't the Boy-King in question?

What if it's Gallywix?

Yes, I'll grant that he's not a child by Goblin standards nor crown royalty, but he's shown to be immature and fancies himself to be of higher standing than he really is, going so far as to carve a mountain in his image and put a "Pleasure Palace" on top. Plus, "boyhood" is relative when the speaker is easily tens of thousands of years old.
    He's literally sitting at the master's (Sylvanas') table. He assured her the Alliance didn't know about Azerite (with his ominous laugh almost assuredly placing doubt on that), and this is ignoring whatever else he may have whispered in her ear or told her behind the curtain.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

My thought as to whatever lie Anduin tells first, it's something underwhelming. Like a half-truth or something he believes to be true, or merely a figure of speech.

Probably related to the justification for the Horde Vs Alliance conflict. Something that makes sense, but might not turn out to be quite true. Something like "we have to prepare for war against the Horde" could be a lie.

Something to think about, the boy king not bound by his throne. Of you remember in wotlk Arthas tossed away his heart. We recover it but it's empty. However there is another side quest beneath ice crown that has a young boy shade who we believe is another fragment of Arthas. We assume that purging the would fragment in froustmourn obliterated what was left. However we thought we wiped Arthas out before as well.

What if he is the boy king and Anduin is a red herring.

I know it's probably Anduin but that whole bound by the throne thing...