Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Why did Hunter say "I love you" to Fitz? Are the actor's going out? Or is something else going on?
    It's a Star Wars reference. Empire Strikes Back.

Damn, I laugh out loud real hard when Hunter said that, and Fitz replied appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    It's a Star Wars reference. Empire Strikes Back.

Damn, I laugh out loud real hard when Hunter said that, and Fitz replied appropriately.
    Oh, I will have to watch that.. video clip?

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Oh, I will have to watch that.. video clip?
    It's a pretty spoilery clip if you plan to watch the movie, tbh. Also it's really not a humor moment in the movie. It's just funny because of the context its used in the Agents of SHIELD scene.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Fitz is Deke's dad or grandfather or something family related.
    Yeah had the same thought. Its 70 years diference between the timelines so probably grandfather.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    Yeah had the same thought. Its 70 years diference between the timelines so probably grandfather.
    Do we need spoiler tags in this thread??

Except we know that Fitz has been in cryo-stasis for those 70 years, so unless he had some of his swimmers in a tube somewhere, I don't think Zeke is a descendant.

Maybe for the first day or two after an episode, and for the following week's preview?

Except we know that Fitz has been in cryo-stasis for those 70 years, so unless he had some of his swimmers in a tube somewhere, I don't think Zeke is a descendant.
    Not sure but i'll put them anyways haha.

Yeah you are right. But they might pull some next level time travel theories in place.. who knows lol
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

I posted the comment before the episode where Fitz does that.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Yes. Yes! YES!

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I really hope this isn't the case but I'm suspecting something like Fitz is Deke's dad or grandfather or something family related.
    Deke's dad is going to be Hunter. I am almost positive of it. If you listened to Deke's account of his parents and then Hunter and Bobby are back in the picture and together to boot.......

Yeah, my money is on Hunter being Deke's dad

10+ Year Old Account

I really don't see that happening.

Fitz came forward "the long way". They've already jerked around Fitzsimmons enough that I don't see them doing so again; the current issue is bullshit enough without pulling a "Fitz gets left in the future/dies when the rest of the team, including Simmons, gets to go back".

What I imagine will happen is that they'll go back via the stone, to a time point just after Fitz froze himself, so there's only one active "Fitz". Which opens up descendancy again.

Though I imagine they're also going to figure out how to prevent that future. Given the reveal of gravitonium in the last episode (I'm only using spoiler tags for the most recent episode stuff, since if you aren't following the show, why are you here?), I expect the finale to be something like;

Quake isn't the only reason the planet blew up. Graviton is the main reason. And he's active somewhere on the remaining shard. Maybe nuts, maybe antiheroic, but regardless, it was fighting Graviton that caused the planet to go "blooie", not Quake. So the end point of the season will be going back to the "real present", finding Graviton before he powers up, and making sure that future never happens. And that this is why they're here; not to help the humans of that time, but to make it so that time never comes about.

But that's admittedly based on that otherwise-out-of-place reveal last episode, and that if you follow the comics you recognized some stuff from a few seasons back and knew this could be coming.

Deke is supposed to be giving off a major Peter Quill vibe to the audience right?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Quake isn't the only reason the planet blew up. Graviton is the main reason. And he's active somewhere on the remaining shard. Maybe nuts, maybe antiheroic, but regardless, it was fighting Graviton that caused the planet to go "blooie", not Quake. So the end point of the season will be going back to the "real present", finding Graviton before he powers up, and making sure that future never happens. And that this is why they're here; not to help the humans of that time, but to make it so that time never comes about.
    Could be an entirely separate reason like the Kree doing it or an enemy of the Kree doing it to deny them Inhuman assets. Or Thanos. He's a bad person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Could be an entirely separate reason like the Kree doing it or an enemy of the Kree doing it to deny them Inhuman assets. Or Thanos. He's a bad person.
    I mean, technically. But we know what they oral history says, and what the Kree think. Thanos, in particular, isn't particularly stealthy.

Meanwhile, there's little reason to make a point of mentioning the gravitonium last episode unless they're planning something. Otherwise, it's a weird callback to Season 1 for no real reason to answer a question nobody was asking in the first place. So I'm assuming it's a Chekov's Gun; that reveal means something important. And there's really only one thing that springs to mind, as I detailed above.

Deleted
    I hate timetraveling. There are already inconsistencies. Daisy apparently quaked the earth apart. But since she is now in the future, how can present earth be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    I hate timetraveling. There are already inconsistencies. Daisy apparently quaked the earth apart. But since she is now in the future, how can present earth be destroyed.
    That's not an inconsistency, unless you're operating with a fixed timeline. Which arguably they aren't, visibly, by the fact that this is happening. And even then, if they go BACK, and the Earth gets destroyed (either by Quake, because it's the right thing to do and we don't know it, or by someone else and Quake gets the blame unfairly), then it could still BE a fixed timeline. Until the history you're living in the present diverts from the history you know of from the future (and that history was correct in the first place), you can't disprove a fixed timeline.

If it's a dynamic timeline (like the Back to the Future films), then they've popped forward to the future that existed when they left, but going back and changing their actions can prevent that future ever occurring.

And in a multiverse view, they popped into a future, and will pop back, and follow a different path forward to a different future. Which doesn't mean the first future is gone, it's just a different branch.

This gets weirder with Marvel because the various multiverses are somewhat but not completely related to timeline differences. Some multiverses involve important changes in the timeline, others are just wildly different. But the point is that there's nothing inconsistent at this point, even if we assume a fixed timeline, which we shouldn't.

Deleted
    Who the hell is Finn....

Quote Originally Posted by hombi View Post
    Who the hell is Finn....
    Flynt (or Flint?) is the kid with the rock powers.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this week's episode. I couldn't sleep after watching. That was some crazy stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way I saw how time works.

Time where Daisy goes to fight someone and causes the Earth to break apart. This causes the deaths of Mac and Coulson as well. Jemma, Fitz, May, Yo-Yo and Robin all get out on the Zephyr. They get to the Lighthouse to survive the intending apocalypse. During the plane scene May says that cities are starting to black out all over the world. So they originally end up living out a life where May is Robin's mom and Fitzsimmons try and build a time machine. Robin having the gift of Foresight and having essentially lived that entire life tells her present mom and Enoch about it. They put into motion the events of where they currently are.

The only part I can't reconcile is Fitz says Voss tried to fix it and it didn't work. Which has me believe the part we see where they are trying to blend in with everyone at the Lighthouse. Is them in the future after they've tried to change the timeline. Since Voss tries to preemptively kill Daisy to prevent her. Or perhaps Voss succeeded and the world was still destroyed.

This whole episode actually wracked my brain when I watched it last night. Kept thinking on how it would work.

And now to wait 4 weeks until the next episode. Bloody Olympics.