Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Shouldn’t the army be making the unfit fit though training?
    As much as we think it isn't, the military has some business aspects to it and making the really unfit, fit is expensive.

If anything we are going to see more unmanned infantry etc in the future as that becomes cheaper anyways and results in less loss of American soldier lives.

Why are you worried about it, Tennisace? Is Canada not able to defend themselves without USA military?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    As much as we think it isn't, the military has some business aspects to it and making the really unfit, fit is expensive.

If anything we are going to see more unmanned infantry etc in the future as that becomes cheaper anyways and results in less loss of American soldier lives.
    With the amount America spends of it military I find it hard to believe they can’t aford for chubby to do some sit ups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Total Crica View Post
    Why are you worried about it, Tennisace? Is Canada not able to defend themselves without USA military?
    Defend our selfs from who? Most country’s with an axe to grind hate America not Canada.

Defend our selfs from who? Most country’s with an axe to grind hate America not Canada.
    Then why worry about it, isn't Tennisace Canadian?

With the amount America spends of it military I find it hard to believe they can’t aford for chubby to do some sit ups.

- - - Updated - - -

Depending on how many days it takes the recruit to achieve the standard it gets pricey. Each day is housing, food, supplies, equipment, time, etc for a recruit who isn't at the point of actually giving back or contributing. The investment into our military is super expensive and each soldier is pricey. But it does seem like we could afford it, but I think this is more of a push to get us out of recruiting people and building machines. Justify those good ole military contracts.

The modern army solider sits on his /her fat ass and flies Drones into a battleground now.

So being fit is not to much of an advantage anymore when you are sitting behind a computer screen with a joystick

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’m pretty sure they are think we both live in Toronto. Some people I know seems to have similar thoughts like if something happens to America the same thing will happen to Canada, not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Or they could join the gym? The army needs motivated, qualified recruits
    So wait, the army want people to be physically fit before they join even though they make them work extremely hard physically once they join? doesn't it then make sense to say we will take slightly overweight people because the work we will do with them anyway will get them fit enough? surely that makes sense if you claim they can't meet the numbers because of it.

It's not about being motivated and qualified, you can be motivated and have the best aim in the army while being overweight, the army need people that WANT to join the army then it's up to the army to make them better, you can be the fittest person on the planet but with no motivation for the army will you apply? no, so do you take the fit people you want that ain't interested or the overweight folk who want to join and make them fit?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I don't know about the other branches, but you need a bachelors to be recruited as an officer for the Air Force.

Also it should be important to note that majority of position in the military don't require 8 minute mile.. As low as standard as that is. Hell look at the police force, a lot couldn't meet that goal.

Also hello weekly @Tennis fat shamming thread.
    Well, I can tell you 100% you need to have a bachelors, I went through ROTC in college before being commissioned, all branches have the same educational standard. Crazy thing is, the military also now basically requires STEM for you to go active duty, thankfully my degree qualified in their list of "preferred majors".

Also, you should look at the PT charts for the different branches, the slowest you can run a 2 mile in the Army in the 18-21 bracket is 15:56, which is less than 8 minutes per mile, or you fail. Maxing your run in that age bracket is 13:00, which is a pretty good pace. I played football, as a tight end, and did ROTC, I was running 11-12 minute 2 miles, and I was almost always the last person to finish because the majority of people in my unit (all 12 of us) were D1 track athletes lol. One of the guys in my unit ran a 9:30, which is just disgusting, but i remember being at my active duty unit seeing kids in their early 20s unable to stay in shape, a lot of guys couldn't even do the "power walk" on their permanent profile. There were a lot of fat, lazy people who shouldn't have been there, they were ineligible to deploy, or do any training, and just collecting paychecks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Humpty Doo View Post
    The modern army solider sits on his /her fat ass and flies Drones into a battleground now.

So being fit is not to much of an advantage anymore when you are sitting behind a computer screen with a joystick
    What?

1) The air force flies drones, has nothing to do with the army
    2) The army has drones that fit a back pack, for recon
    3) Just shut up

they do, if they cant hang they get kicked out. if they cant make height and weight standards they get kicked out, if they fail the physical fitness test two times they get kicked out.

it's another fat shaming thread? i guess a lot of people missed it this time.

remember it's 1 of 3, Canada is amazing/fat people are disgusting/get married now!

So? Isn't the Army sort of the gateway of making unfit men/women become fit through training...?

Generally, to join the army you already have to be fairly fit. According to the Pentagon, around 71% of America's 17-24 year old population would fail to qualify.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    Lmao are you implying they spend a lot of money on the individual soldiers? Ill tell you first hand, as an e1-e4, which most of the army is, you make between 17k-26k a year, and a good 30% of the time is spent at work 24/7 (literally). Joes are making between $2-3 an hour, the majority of money goes to contractors, not the joes, what vomit.
    meh 17-26k is decent money when you consider the facts here...

the job takes 0 skills and employment experience

the job pays GREATLY in benefits. both healthcare and living expenses.

honestly i dont know what more you want. to be rich at 18 i guess.

https://www.newsmax.com/thewire/phys.../11/id/836529/

Well there's 2 takeaways..

1. Maybe they'll downsize the military as it becomes more difficult to recruit. Instead they spend our tax dollars on healthcare, education, social services etc.
    2. It's definitely worrying that physical fitness is dropping this much. Imagine if this trend continues? What does it say about society?
    Your tax dollars? You don't contribute to our economy. Try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

why in 2018 children think you have to a problem to be invaded. i guess since USA has policed the world for so long these silly notions are allowed to grow. oh well what can you do

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Humpty Doo View Post

not quite...

That doesn't surprise me. That said, it is likely for the better. Paying existing soldiers a better wage for their work as well as adopting more automation in the defense force is all-around a better long term investment for the taxpayers as well as valuing the effectiveness of the skilled soldier.

Deleted
    No, you need to be able to meet a minimum fitness in order to to partake in the training and drills, the alternative is to raise taxes and lower standards so we can pay fat cunts to go to fat camp.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.newsmax.com/thewire/phys.../11/id/836529/

Well there's 2 takeaways..

1. Maybe they'll downsize the military as it becomes more difficult to recruit. Instead they spend our tax dollars on healthcare, education, social services etc.
    2. It's definitely worrying that physical fitness is dropping this much. Imagine if this trend continues? What does it say about society?
    Are you not a Canadian, or do you hold citizenship also in the US?
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2018-01-17 at 11:30 PM.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    I just assume the really fit recruits join up with the Marines. If you are going to be a spirited grunt you may as well go for the most prestige.
    The not so intelligent but fit recruits go into the marines. The ones who can't cut the marine corps try the army. The intelligent recruits go into either the navy or air farce.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.