Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    You should try walmart on line

they have a selection that is almost as good as amazon, and you can even pick much of the stuff up same day. Has the same shipping amazon does and beats them at returns since you can return it 1 minute after it arrives at any Walmart store.

Their prices are just as competitive now.
    Almost as good, at higher prices, doesn't seem "just as good".

Walmart:

Ps4: $273.48

Xbox one S: $279.96

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Processor with Wraith Spire Cooler: $229.89

NETGEAR CM400: $59.99

Amazon:

PS4 $ 260.90

Xbox one S: $ 218.00

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Processor with Wraith Spire Cooler: $ 199.99

NETGEAR CM400: $44.98
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted
    Retail is dying in many countries.

Here in the Netherlands, people are increasingly ordering their groceries online and get them delivered at home.

If you are working in retail it's time to get serious and start planning your exit strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Almost as good, at higher prices, doesn't seem "just as good".

Walmart:

Ps4: $273.48

Xbox one S: $279.96

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Processor with Wraith Spire Cooler: $229.89

NETGEAR CM400: $59.99

Amazon:

PS4 $ 260.90

Xbox one S: $ 218.00

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Processor with Wraith Spire Cooler: $ 199.99

NETGEAR CM400: $44.98

Well besides the fact that picking out random items anyone can easily find cheaper items at either amazon or Walmart.

but there is one thing Walmart has that amazon does not

Walmart.com is committed to providing low prices every day, on everything.* So if you find a lower price from an online retailer on an identical, in-stock product, tell us and we'll match it.* Additionally, if you recently bought something from Walmart.com and it is now listed at a lower price, let us know.

The item must be sold and fulfilled by one of these online retailers:
    Academy.com, Amazon.com...(others i took off)

So i can price match at walmart when amazon is lower, but you can't price match at amazon when walmart is lower. Which based on some of your examples they might very well be lower for new (non used/discontinued models) items.

So in theory Amazon will NEVER have lower prices then Walmart, but Walmart will have lower prices then Amazon

About Price Matching
    Amazon.com consistently works toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry.

Amazon.com doesn't offer price matching.

BTW...Where did you see ps4 260? used?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Playstati...stem/782841840

$ 278 98 $299.99 Save $21.01 (7%)
    & FREE Shipping. Details
    | Try Fast, Free Shipping

Walmart

$273.48

Xbox one? 218? is that used?
    Xbox One S 500GB Console [Discontinued] 217.99

are you really comparing a Discontinued model?

i mean hell i can get 12 fruit of the loom socks at walmart for 9.98
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fruit-of-...Pack/169382936

Amazon.
    10 for 11.97
    https://www.amazon.com/Fruit-Loom-10...+Value+12-Pack

they don't even have the 12 pack at amazon

See how easy it is to just pick out one item?

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    Whats funny though is that throughout the decades the minimum wage has always been roughly equal to $9 or less dollars vs inflation when historically graphed. States that have higher 9-10 dollar minimum wages are the highest minimum wages ever vs inflation dating back to the 40's...

http://www.businessinsider.com/feder...-center-2016-3

So its not like its something new...

Minimum wage is something you should live off when your young living with a roomate sharing a 700 dollar apartment with no kids and no bills.. not something you should try to raise a family on... and idk how we got to the point where people think they should be able to settle to flipping burgers as a full time job... as I said earlier go to school get a trade get a job in a company and move up... If your happy with minimum wage then you should be happy with sharing a 1 bedroom app with a roommate for the rest of your life.
    I dont know but i just think its a bit wierd that when you get 18-21 and get a job you should be able to afford a small 1-room apartment at the very least. Here in sweden i moved out of my moms house when i got my first job at 18 and i have never had to have any help even when i had minimumwage, atlest this is what its like here in Sweden. Cant understand why people think minimumwage should make you forced to share apartments with friends. Sure if you are studying at a Uni or something like that its not uncommon if you share apartment but not if you have a fulltimejob.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuck View Post
    God I fucking love Mr. President Trump. From declaring third world shitholes "shitholes", to tax breaks to overall better international relationships. Truly a godsend.
    Quoted for truth!

God bless Donald Trump.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Deleted
    I really don't understand why people are so upset, this is what people said would happen for months.
    There is no way in hell the increase isn't coming out the pockets of the employees, just wasn't gonna happen.
    When you take it from customers you get less business because the prices go up, people get upset etc.
    And why would the company earn less because of it? If I was the CEO id do the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Retail is dying in many countries.

Here in the Netherlands, people are increasingly ordering their groceries online and get them delivered at home.

If you are working in retail it's time to get serious and start planning your exit strategy.
    Until you get instant delivery there will always be a retail outlet, just not as many of them. Sometimes you can't wait 1 or 2 days for something, sometimes you need it now. Walmart has done a good job adapting to online relating, this is why they are closing some of their SAMs and turning them into online warehouses.

7+ Year Old Account
    Crumbs of the pie OP.

Well besides the fact that picking out random items anyone can easily find cheaper items at either amazon or Walmart.

but there is one thing Walmart has that amazon does not

Walmart.com is committed to providing low prices every day, on everything.* So if you find a lower price from an online retailer on an identical, in-stock product, tell us and we'll match it.* Additionally, if you recently bought something from Walmart.com and it is now listed at a lower price, let us know.

Academy.com, Amazon.com...(others i took off)

So i can price match at walmart when amazon is lower, but you can't price match at amazon when walmart is lower. Which based on some of your examples they might very well be lower for new (non used/discontinued models) items.

So in theory Amazon will NEVER have lower prices then Walmart, but Walmart will have lower prices then Amazon

About Price Matching
    Amazon.com consistently works toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry.

Amazon.com doesn't offer price matching.

BTW...Where did you see ps4 260? used?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Playstati...stem/782841840

$ 278 98 $299.99 Save $21.01 (7%)
    & FREE Shipping. Details
    | Try Fast, Free Shipping

Walmart

$273.48

Xbox one? 218? is that used?
    Xbox One S 500GB Console [Discontinued] 217.99

are you really comparing a Discontinued model?

i mean hell i can get 12 fruit of the loom socks at walmart for 9.98
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fruit-of-...Pack/169382936

Amazon.
    10 for 11.97
    https://www.amazon.com/Fruit-Loom-10...+Value+12-Pack

they don't even have the 12 pack at amazon

See how easy it is to just pick out one item?
    I didn't spend all night looking for items that were cheaper on Amazon, just pulled up a few things that were easy to compare, the Xbox and ps4 were kind of a bitch because they have some many different packs.

The Xbox one S is the discontinued one, BUT so is the other one, though it isn't list as such.

Go ahead and link one Xbox one S that is the very same bundle Walmart vs Amazon, and it will be 10+ dollars more at wallyworld.

You are correct though, Walmart does offer clothing at a drastically lower price, I don't buy clothing at either location, so I had never thought to look. Nearly everything underware/socks - male/female related was a 50% difference.

As far as price matching, you might want to look at the rules again.

How to match a Walmart.com price to another online retailer*:
    If you think you are eligible based on the above, contact Walmart.com Customer Care before you place your order. We will verify the item eligibility
    Walmart.com has the final decision for matching an online price
    And based on the fine print, really it doesn't apply unless it is from another Walmart at a lower price. /shrug

Other than that I did 4 items not 1, and c'mon, Walmart clothing isn't that amazing. Walmart could be selling that shit for 5 cents, and I wouldn't buy it to wear, for rags, yeah but nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Taxes are going to have to be increased at some point in the next 10 years to off set this debacle. Especially when it comes to getting the American tax payer to off set the corporate tax cut. The middle class will shoulder this burden just as it's done before. Which is why I addressed the issue previously about this being a political maneuver by Republicans to pit the expiration of the cuts and the inevitable increase on the next Democrat/Independent leadership. And unfortunately people will claim just as you are now that they should just be paying the same as they are now....when they won't.
    Who's to say they won't cut funding to something to make up for the tax revenue loss?

I didn't spend all night looking for items that were cheaper on Amazon, just pulled up a few things that were easy to compare, the Xbox and ps4 were kind of a bitch because they have some many different packs.

The Xbox one S is the discontinued one, BUT so is the other one, though it isn't list as such.

Go ahead and link one Xbox one S that is the very same bundle Walmart vs Amazon, and it will be 10+ dollars more at wallyworld.

You are correct though, Walmart does offer clothing at a drastically lower price, I don't buy clothing at either location, so I had never thought to look. Nearly everything underware/socks - male/female related was a 50% difference.

As far as price matching, you might want to look at the rules again.

And based on the fine print, really it doesn't apply unless it is from another Walmart at a lower price. /shrug

Other than that I did 4 items not 1, and c'mon, Walmart clothing isn't that amazing. Walmart could be selling that shit for 5 cents, and I wouldn't buy it to wear, for rags, yeah but nothing else.

Really i mean you are making excuses on the socks, for god sake they are socks. You won't buy socks at walmart because they are rags? lol.

i will state it again, anyone can spend 5 minutes on both sites and find lower prices on items on EITHER SITE. prices are so variable, especially on amazon minute to minute, that both places can have a lower price the same day on the same product.

aaaaaaaaand.......

it won't be 10 dollars more at wallyworld, they have price matching with amazon, the price difference will be ZERO.

The price match policy seems to be very clear it covers amazon.com, i think you are reading it wrong.

http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/...atching-policy

Walmart.com's Price Matching Policy

* The following limitations apply:

The item must be identical, (i.e., size, model, quantity, brand, color)
    The item must be in-stock at the online retailer's website and on Walmart.com at the time of the price match request
    We will price match one item per customer per day (limit does not apply to orders to New Mexico, unless the purchase is for resale)
    We will not offer rain-checks for items that are not currently in stock
    Academy.com, Amazon.com, Autozone.com, Babiesrus.com, Basspro.com, Bedbathandbeyond.com, Bestbuy.com, Cabelas.com, Chewy.com, Dickssportinggoods.com, Dollargeneral.com, Familydollar.com, Homedepot.com, Jcpenny.com, Kmart.com, Kohls.com, Lowes.com, Michaels.com, Newegg.com, Officedepot.com, Oreillyauto.com, Pepboys.com, Petco.com, Petsmart.com, Sears.com, SportsAuthority.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Toysrus.com, Walgreens.com

So in conclusion, and in theory (since walmart can refuse to pricematch somethings) Walmart can be lower the Amazon, but Amazon cannot be lower then Walmart.

Really i mean you are making excuses on the socks, for god sake they are socks. You won't buy socks at walmart because they are rags? lol.

i will state it again, anyone can spend 5 minutes on both sites and find lower prices on items on EITHER SITE. prices are so variable, especially on amazon minute to minute, that both places can have a lower price the same day on the same product.

aaaaaaaaand.......

it won't be 10 dollars more at wallyworld, they have price matching with amazon, the price difference will be ZERO.

The price match policy seems to be very clear it covers amazon.com, i think you are reading it wrong.

http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/...atching-policy

Walmart.com's Price Matching Policy

* The following limitations apply:

The item must be identical, (i.e., size, model, quantity, brand, color)
    The item must be in-stock at the online retailer's website and on Walmart.com at the time of the price match request
    We will price match one item per customer per day (limit does not apply to orders to New Mexico, unless the purchase is for resale)
    We will not offer rain-checks for items that are not currently in stock
    Academy.com, Amazon.com, Autozone.com, Babiesrus.com, Basspro.com, Bedbathandbeyond.com, Bestbuy.com, Cabelas.com, Chewy.com, Dickssportinggoods.com, Dollargeneral.com, Familydollar.com, Homedepot.com, Jcpenny.com, Kmart.com, Kohls.com, Lowes.com, Michaels.com, Newegg.com, Officedepot.com, Oreillyauto.com, Pepboys.com, Petco.com, Petsmart.com, Sears.com, SportsAuthority.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Toysrus.com, Walgreens.com

So in conclusion, and in theory (since walmart can refuse to pricematch somethings) Walmart can be lower the Amazon, but Amazon cannot be lower then Walmart.
    At this point you sound like Walmart PR, you didn't even read what I said, you just spin what I said to fit your argument. I don't care where you buy fruit of the loom, but that company has gotten so cheap (quality wise) it isn't worth buying any more.

Answer this, will Walmart price match Prime?

Awesome, one item per day, savings big here...

I am not going to argue back and forth, you obviously love Walmart, and I don't. I do prefer Amazon for what I buy, and what I buy is cheaper at Amazon.

At this point you sound like Walmart PR, you didn't even read what I said, you just spin what I said to fit your argument. I don't care where you buy fruit of the loom, but that company has gotten so cheap (quality wise) it isn't worth buying any more.

Answer this, will Walmart price match Prime?

Awesome, one item per day, savings big here...

I am not going to argue back and forth, you obviously love Walmart, and I don't. I do prefer Amazon for what I buy, and what I buy is cheaper at Amazon.

Does walmart charge you 99 bucks a year even if you don't buy anything so you can have big savings??
    Seems every year you are in the hole 99 bucks.
    if you take the new items you listed you would still be in the hole 57 dollars (not including the used/discontinued xbox example, since they are not apples to apples).

and there is nothing in the policy that prevents prime matching, however based on online chat, personal results.....its a mixed bag on success.

Well lets be fair, i hate walmart, i hate going there, i hate their corporation, hate hate hate.
    but if i am saving money i will buy from them
    if i need something faster then amazon i buy from them

again you miss the point, its not about fruit of the loom.

You can get items cheaper at both place depending on timing, sales, fees, shipping, etc etc.

Your original point is how bad they are and not competitive, which is false. They might be bad, but price wise they are competitive.

Does walmart charge you 99 bucks a year even if you don't buy anything so you can have big savings??
    Seems every year you are in the hole 99 bucks.
    if you take the new items you listed you would still be in the hole 57 dollars (not including the used/discontinued xbox example, since they are not apples to apples).

and there is nothing in the policy that prevents prime matching, however based on online chat, personal results.....its a mixed bag on success.

Well lets be fair, i hate walmart, i hate going there, i hate their corporation, hate hate hate.
    but if i am saving money i will buy from them
    if i need something faster then amazon i buy from them

again you miss the point, its not about fruit of the loom.

You can get items cheaper at both place depending on timing, sales, fees, shipping, etc etc.

Your original point is how bad they are and not competitive, which is false. They might be bad, but price wise they are competitive.
    If you spend 99 dollars on a service you do not use, you're an idiot.

Netflix is about 99 dollars a year, and Prime is basically the same, plus I get better deals than if I were to shop at Walmart, because I have Prime, something Walmart will not price match, so there is no savings to me. I also enjoy Prime music which I use often in my shop with Alexa/Echo.

The point about the clothing is I don't buy it from either business, so I don't care how much it is at whatever location!

You're really stuck on that Xbox one S, aren't you? I mean why is Walmart selling a discontinued item for the price of a bundle? They were exactly the same item console+controller no game @ 500gb. The only one Walmart had, but even the bundles were 10+ USD cheaper at Amazon.

I get it, you love Walmart, you have some really weird fetish with it apparently.

Amazon has the deals I care about, and the things I buy, not Walmart, and their fucking sock deals.

Netflix is about 99 dollars a year, and Prime is basically the same, plus I get better deals than if I were to shop at Walmart, because I have Prime, something Walmart will not price match, so there is no savings to me. I also enjoy Prime music which I use often in my shop with Alexa/Echo.

The point about the clothing is I don't buy it from either business, so I don't care how much it is at whatever location!

You're really stuck on that Xbox one S, aren't you? I mean why is Walmart selling a discontinued item for the price of a bundle? They were exactly the same item console+controller no game @ 500gb. The only one Walmart had, but even the bundles were 10+ USD cheaper at Amazon.

I get it, you love Walmart, you have some really weird fetish with it apparently.

Amazon has the deals I care about, and the things I buy, not Walmart, and their fucking sock deals.
    "plus I get better deals than if I were to shop at Walmart, because I have Prime"

Yeah, i bet you really need those items. These deals and savings are just used to make people spend more money

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    "plus I get better deals than if I were to shop at Walmart, because I have Prime"

Yeah, i bet you really need those items. These deals and savings are just used to make people spend more money
    I didn't say I need anything, reading isn't that hard.

Already explained myself with walmart but thank you for making some very weird unrelated references. Can you not hold down a regular conversation without insults?

its ok that you can't admit they don't have the lowest prices all the time and walmart price matches them. You seem to not even be able to admit that walmart does in fact have lower prices at least some of the times and you can price match them down.

and that you pay them 99 bucks a month to get discounts.

So your xbox really cost up to 317.00. Or maybe it does cost 218 because you already blew through 99 dollars worth of "lower" priced items that you are now breaking even.

So basically if you buy a lot of goods eventually it will be worth being a prime member.

the common person who needs a few items a year will end up with higher prices if they sign up with prime to get lower prices.

Already explained myself with walmart but thank you for making some very weird unrelated references. Can you not hold down a regular conversation without insults?

its ok that you can't admit they don't have the lowest prices all the time and walmart price matches them. You seem to not even be able to admit that walmart does in fact have lower prices at least some of the times and you can price match them down.

and that you pay them 99 bucks a month to get discounts.

So your xbox really cost up to 317.00. Or maybe it does cost 218 because you already blew through 99 dollars worth of "lower" priced items that you are now breaking even.

So basically if you buy a lot of goods eventually it will be worth being a prime member.

the common person who needs a few items a year will end up with higher prices if they sign up with prime to get lower prices.
    I mean you are trying to force your opinion on me, I shouldn't have to explain myself to you.

I listed price differences on several items (you refute 1 item) and then bring clothing into the mix, which you're correct, clothing is cheaper, but it isn't something I'd buy from Walmart, or Amazon.

Edit: The prime membership is for the Prime video, which is on par with Netflix, Hulu, ect. I also get Prime music, which I use because it is part of Prime, just like I get deals with items I purchase on Amazon. Everything I buy doesn't add 99 dollars to the price, stop ffs trying to say 1 item costs way more because I have Prime, I listed SEVERAL items, but you seem stuck on the Prime fee and the Xbox one S that is identical in every single way except for price.

BUT BUT 99 dollars!!!!!!!!!! /sigh

Anyways since you cannot stay OT and you want to argue opinions, I am done with you. /wave
    Last edited by Pickynerd; 2018-01-18 at 02:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I found interesting is how many guildmates would be working minimum wage jobs. Maybe a better idea to quit WoW and go make a life for yourself.

I mean you are trying to force your opinion on me, I shouldn't have to explain myself to you.

I listed price differences on several items (you refute 1 item) and then bring clothing into the mix, which you're correct, clothing is cheaper, but it isn't something I'd buy from Walmart, or Amazon.

Edit: The prime membership is for the Prime video, which is on par with Netflix, Hulu, ect. I also get Prime music, which I use because it is part of Prime, just like I get deals with items I purchase on Amazon. Everything I buy doesn't add 99 dollars to the price, stop ffs trying to say 1 item costs way more because I have Prime, I listed SEVERAL items, but you seem stuck on the Prime fee and the Xbox one S that is identical in every single way except for price.

BUT BUT 99 dollars!!!!!!!!!! /sigh

Anyways since you cannot stay OT and you want to argue opinions, I am done with you. /wave
    well with walmart tires i get lifetime balance and rotation!!!! just like your prime gives you music!!

Never said every item adds 99 dollars, at least 1 time a year the cost of buying something through prime cost +99 dollars.

Well maybe next time we can have a more general conversation about price performance at each company instead of just choosing things you want to pick out and discounting when i pick out an item......and general conversation about whom has the better prices OVERALL.....

Nice talking to you...take care.