Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Don't really understand why the event mounts are time-limited. They have already released re-colored versions of mounts that became unobtainable at some point, e.g. the Zul'aman bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    Sorry we're occupied laughing about you and the rest of these casual scrubs. Maybe ask yourself if you deserve to have mimiron's head and invincible although you never killed the respective bosses when they were current content.
    I am Death's Demise, direct your shark to someone else.

You are another one who misses the point by a mile. This is not even about a mount – this is about rewarding the players that abused a very controversial event, that was hugely mishandled, and was even more grossly mishandled in wotlk, which happened a decade ago. It should be forgotten.

Likes of you are dime a dozen. Go unjelly outside.
    Last edited by sonololo; 2018-01-18 at 09:40 AM.

somebody is jelly lol

....they made mounts for all players on the micro holiday as something cool to use

someone probably went "hey what if we just let the 100ish scarab lords keep the new model"

player base reminded they can't get something they probably didn't even play during: REEEEEE WHY MAKE A MOUNT FOR 100 PEOPLE
    Last edited by huehuehue; 2018-01-18 at 10:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    But what about
    stop calling it an 'exploit' when it's not. it's not people's fault that blizzard didn't add code that opened the gates after 'x' amount of time. and i can tell you from personal experience (having helped 10-15 guildies to do the questline during tbc) that not a single one of the people that did it during burning crusade ever thought they'd be able to actually use the hammer of the shifting sands to ring any gong. they simply did it because the downtime between mh/bt & sunwell was atrocious.

every person that rang the gong within (x) hrs of the gates being opened (by the first person that hit it) were given the title + mount, that mechanic had always been there.

-------

also with the tinfoil hat ''theories'' going on here, man imagine if they'd actually kept the flying version of the scarab lord mount they actually had in during bc beta, then we would have seen some real tears.
    Last edited by mmoc17640b528e; 2018-01-18 at 10:28 AM.

JFC salty people in this thread. THEY DIDN'T ADD A NEW REWARD FOR SCARAB LORDS. They updated the old models because they are used in new Silithus content. The intention was never to reward Scarab Lords again, it was just a happy coincidence.

I would be happy if a title for “of the shifting sands” was added for those of us that completed the quest line but didn’t get to ring the gong. I still have my scepter in bank. Maybe it will come in handy during this event and I can “cheese” it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except it does
    we are paying for a fucking game
    we deserve the chance to get all the content.
    i feel like your the kinda person who LOOOOOOVES loot crates and thinks EA is the best gaming company
    No we dont. We deserver to have access to game servers but we do not deserver to have all content.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    Fix'd that for you
    yeah , more like this, i dont think there is more than like 200 characters on the millions and millions character made ever in the game who had the mount

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sonololo View Post
    You are another one who misses the point by a mile. This is not even about a mount – this is about rewarding the players that abused a very controversial event, that was hugely mishandled, and was even more grossly mishandled in wotlk, which happened a decade ago. It should be forgotten.

Likes of you are dime a dozen. Go unjelly outside.
    It's true you're some kind of special. So stubborn over something this irrelevant which is merely a byproduct of the micro holiday. I can only imagine you server transfered during wotlk and barely missed it out and now get triggered every time you see someone with the mount or it getting mentioned.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    No we dont. We deserver to have access to game servers but we do not deserver to have all content.
    uhhh waht?
    no that is not how it works
    when you buy a game, you buy a game...

- - - Updated - - -

It's true you're some kind of special. So stubborn over something this irrelevant which is merely a byproduct of the micro holiday. I can only imagine you server transfered during wotlk and barely missed it out and now get triggered every time you see someone with the mount or it getting mentioned.
    you do know once its rung anyone could ring it for like 10 hours... so you cant "just barely miss it"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Nihiel View Post
    Because I don't whine about being entitled to getting a new mount because I'm a special snowflake paying sub fee in 2018, I'm calling for mounts to be given away for free?
    How is that logic? Because I don't agree with your salty sentiment you conclude that I'm opposing your views, whatever they might be? Great argument I must say, big thumbs up!

How you can care SO MUCH about this one single mount that only a handful of people will get is beyond me. It's literally one of the most trivial, insignificant things to happen in this game in years
    Yes, you are the one calling for mounts to be given away for free, because you support the notion that someone who did or cheesed a thing years ago should get a free mount now, rather than agreeing that a new mount model should be earned nowadays.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Let's make all mount 100% drop rate for ever then! Fuck it. Let's make everything 100% drop rates. Fuck prestige and rewards for doing content when it was current.
    Yeah, that's the only other alternative. It's either giving it for free to a bunch of people who did a thing over a decade ago, or giving it to everyone for free.

And Airwaves, they already got their prestige and rewards when it was current: the original mount and title. Don't be so obtuse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    that does not entitle you to anything. and thats what it is, you feel ENTITLED.
    That argument doesn't work here, because in fact, you are on the entitled side for proclaiming that it's okay for people who had their guilds help them get something years ago, or who blatantly exploited bugged servers and outgeared the whole questchain altogether should get something new for free, when they already got an exclusive mount and title back then.

FelPlague is the one who's saying: "new mount, made with money from current subscribers, they should have the ability to EARN it, including the few Scarab Lords that still play."

I know it's easy to scream "entitled!" at people, but you are actually the one in that group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    ....they made mounts for all players on the micro holiday as something cool to use

someone probably went "hey what if we just let the 100ish scarab lords keep the new model"

player base reminded they can't get something they probably didn't even play during: REEEEEE WHY MAKE A MOUNT FOR 100 PEOPLE
    I didn't become Scarab Lord during Classic so I didn't get the original Black Qiraji Battle Tank.

But no one in this thread is saying "give me the original mount and title."

They're saying: "I want to have a chance/shot at earning this new model, which was not even a glimmer in the developers' eyes when the original event was created and was developed by using subscriber money from current players."

So you're kind of making yourself look very, very dense here with your "waah waah these entitled players just want to have everything." bullshit, because it's not even nearly accurate.

No one in this thread has at any point said: Blizzard should give me the Black Qiraji Battle Tank, the Zulian Tiger, the Razzashi Raptor, the Amani Warbear, the Corrupted Ashbringer.

What has been said is, and I'll reiterate it because you bunch are too obtuse to comprehend such a basic point: A new mesh, with new textures, 10+ years down the line, developed with subscription money from current players, ought to be somehow obtainable (no matter how limited), by current players.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2018-01-18 at 03:56 PM.

Hey, did you guys notice a pattern here? Just like pvp players loathe the thought of loosing their "prestige" gained by the removal of content after a season ends anyone in WoW that has something that you can't obtain anymore cries like someone is ripping their heart out if the community starts to think about requesting things to be obtainable again. It amazes me to see how someone can be so overprotective in regards of a video game reward where what the other player has have ZERO impact in YOUR gameplay...

Making the other colors available by grinding something out or by luck like the other holiday events would have been just fine. The gift to Scarab Lords still would have been stupid, but at least current development wouldn't have gone to patting a handful of people on the back for already having a cool reward.

A lot of pointless work seems to have gone into making some extremely limited time mounts (unless they really did do this to reward themselves) - are these models at least relevant to current content anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Raziella View Post
    Making the other colors available by grinding something out or by luck like the other holiday events would have been just fine. The gift to Scarab Lords still would have been stupid, but at least current development wouldn't have gone to patting a handful of people on the back for already having a cool reward.

A lot of pointless work seems to have gone into making some extremely limited time mounts (unless they really did do this to reward themselves) - are these models at least relevant to current content anywhere?
    When they first hit the PTR, with Silithus becoming relevant again, I figured one or two of them would end up being mounts for questchains, or solo challenges in Silithus.

But since Silithus is what, 5 or so quests and otherwise has nothing new to offer, and the mounts are temporary for a micro-event no one really cares about. No, they're not really relevant.

Blizzard could have handled it ten times better by doing just about anything, but they've been making some confusing decisions lately.

Deleted
    Does anyone here even have that mount?
    If you don't, why do you care then? This tiny update doesn't affect your chars at all or even game, cause I've never even seen that mount in game.

Quote Originally Posted by White Goodman View Post
    Does anyone here even have that mount?
    If you don't, why do you care then? This tiny update doesn't affect your chars at all or even game, cause I've never even seen that mount in game.
    It affects people because they want a new mount to be obtainable doing current or future content, not past content.

I have the Ultramarine, though, if that matters any!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    What has been said is, and I'll reiterate it because you bunch are too obtuse to comprehend such a basic point: A new mesh, with new textures, 10+ years down the line, developed with subscription money from current players, ought to be somehow obtainable (no matter how limited), by current players.
    I agree with this.

Their decision to update an old mount available only to a couple of people is really strange. If we had Classic servers, I'd say they are planning to have cross-achievements (open the gates on a Classic server, get the mount in the live version of the game). But since we don't have these servers and it is unclear when they will even arrive, this starts to look like really something the devs did for themselves (because many had old accounts).

10+ Year Old Account
    Please, stop judging people based on your own persona. I'm not even interested in ingame events, for example I still didn't complete "what a long strange trip" for that purple protodrake – I've missed Midsummer for years – and so on, so on, so on. I don't even farm things like Mimiron's Head. Even my Death's Demise title has no prestige – I don't wear titles at all. Just to be fair though – I got a Dark Portal tabard due to the bug on Blackscar-EU when Dark Portal bugged. And it just lies in bank.

But you are correct – I'm triggered that they have suddenly rewarded people that have abused gates in a mishandled event. So what? If you can say only "U JELLY" – that's not constructive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Their decision to update an old mount available only to a couple of people is really strange. If we had Classic servers, I'd say they are planning to have cross-achievements (open the gates on a Classic server, get the mount in the live version of the game).
    I'm not sure that's a good idea, because that AQ event in itself is very abuseable and mishandled. It lends itself for a shitload of toxicity, all for that so ONE person on each Classic server – and there will be only 3-4 servers – will get a reward. And we have already established that nothing in Classic will be changed.
    Last edited by sonololo; 2018-01-18 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    When they first hit the PTR, with Silithus becoming relevant again, I figured one or two of them would end up being mounts for questchains, or solo challenges in Silithus.

But since Silithus is what, 5 or so quests and otherwise has nothing new to offer, and the mounts are temporary for a micro-event no one really cares about. No, they're not really relevant.

Blizzard could have handled it ten times better by doing just about anything, but they've been making some confusing decisions lately.
    I'm going back to my previous theory of how towards the end of pandaria the last of the devs that had a clue what they were doing either quit, moved on or took a role somewhere else in the company; and basic support were brought in to fill their old positions. I don't know about you, but when I go over their changes from say the beginning of pandaria and on I find myself facepalming quite a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNsrK6P9QvI
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite