Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like the dungeons being harder. I enjoy the leveling so far as well. Not sure about anything past 60 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Hope you are not telling us, you aren't capable to solo Elite quest that require peopleS, because it would be fun.
    Is this post referred to my post?

If yes, they are not elite mobs, they are standard named mobs at the end of the chain quests, they are supposed to be done ALONE as it has always been.

I won’t mention the fact that until yesterday I could easily solo elites too because I can accept they now require a party, but I cannot accept I cannot even do normal quests anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Hope you are not telling us, you aren't capable to solo Elite quest that require peopleS, because it would be fun.
    " named mobs " aren't elites, they just have slightly higher hp and dmg than nomral mobs. There are very few actual elite quests left in the game.
    P.S. people is already at plural form, there are no peopleS
    Last edited by Th3D0n; 2018-01-18 at 11:52 AM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Did the nightelf starter zone, no heirlooms, ended with level 13. At least nothing felt impossibly hard at that level yet.

Still from reading and PTR, MoP and WoD are overtuned, named mobs didn't need an increase at all.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-01-18 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I won’t mention the fact that until yesterday I could easily solo elites too because I can accept they now require a party, but I cannot accept I cannot even do normal quests anymore.
    I soloed an elite in Nagrand on my level 102 (no heirlooms and all gear is WoD greens) but it took so long (because it was hitting hard and had 2x the health it had before) that after I finally put it down, I didn't try to solo any more elites. Normally, I'd jump on the chance, but no longer. Now I am just taking a break from the game hoping that they will dial it back at least partly. It's just not fun, I am feeling like I am slogging through mud for no reason.

I really like the changes. Oneshot tagging mobs like before was so fucking boring I couldn't even get myself to level anything, not to mention dungeons were you had a tank just basicly soloing the dungeon as he ran ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3D0n View Post
    " named mobs " aren't elites, they just have slightly higher hp and dmg than nomral mobs. There are very few actual elite quests left in the game.
    This was until yesterday. Now they have 4-5 times the HP of your pg (I have only gear gained by quest rewards) and hit way harder than your pg do.

Jesus, 700k HPs are they serious? Even my 103 rogue is nowhere near to that number.

There are new players. One of my friends just started playing. And she has so little knowledge about the game, if you meet her you will know she is knew. She didn't understand why I wanted her to use her moonkin form (she is a balance druid). And when someone used appearance changer on her in a dungeon she was so stunned she barely managed to do anything for like 10 min, she was just like "He stole my form!"

Quote Originally Posted by Crudence View Post
    There are new players. One of my friends just started playing. And she has so little knowledge about the game, if you meet her you will know she is knew. She didn't understand why I wanted her to use her moonkin form (she is a balance druid). And when someone used appearance changer on her in a dungeon she was so stunned she barely managed to do anything for like 10 min, she was just like "He stole my form!"
    This is how you know she's not into gaming, she wants to but gets distracted every step of the way, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    that's some hardcore bs considering you lack so many spells while at lower levels. "i learn to play the class". gimme a break.
    You call a natural gameplay process a bullshit?A bullshit,is somebody,who boosts his character and doesn't even know basics about his class like a hunter who doesn't use FD or traps, mage who doesn't conjure food or uses invisibility etc. I am talking about somebody new in the game,who creates his first character and explores the world for the first time! Define what do you mean by "LOW" - is it a level 10 or 90,who has almost full pack of abilities and the only thing he is lacking is an artifact and it's traits!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    aside from actually finishing the quests/story in a zone, how do the new changes make it less boring? If a mob takes 30 more seconds to kill, how does that make leveling somehow fun?
    You need 30 more sec to kill a mob? WTF?

Press the right buttons. Stuff dies really fast still. Might need now 3 casts instead of 1-2. Still very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    You call a natural gameplay process a bullshit?
    It doesn't feel very natural. It feels like you are having a 2-3x DPS debuff.

You call a natural gameplay process a bullshit?A bullshit,is somebody,who boosts his character and doesn't even know basics about his class like a hunter who doesn't use FD or traps, mage who doesn't conjure food or uses invisibility etc. I am talking about somebody new in the game,who creates his first character and explores the world for the first time! Define what do you mean by "LOW" - is it a level 10 or 90,who has almost full pack of abilities and the only thing he is lacking is an artifact and it's traits!
    where are these so many new players you speak of?
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You must be really really bad at the game if it takes you 150-200 hours to level.
    He is at the very bottom at the barrel but somehow he is convinced that the majority of the playerbase is as braindead as him.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

There are no new players in WoW or very few. The game is way too old for that.
    The game lives of a small, dedicated set of players. Players that are now more willing to buy boosts because leveling was made very, very annoying and slower.

This was not an improvement to the game and it was most likely not intended as such.

When it comes to leveling alone, it's miles better than it was before. Remember, it's a feature for new players and those who want to play a completly different class, not people who make their 5th hunter and want to level it as fast as possible, so the pace is a slower.

The big issue I found was with, well, tuning and class mechanics. Classes get their most important tools before level 60, and have to use them as if they were questing in Legion - mobs require you to throw in a couple abilities to kill them efficiently. Overall that's great, shows the player how to do the best rotation, what abilities are good and so on.

But on, for instance, my Warrior I noticed that lack of some elements, especially Mastery, completly ruins the whole deal. Without Mastery important elements of your rotation, like Colossus Smash or Enrage, are completly worthless. Arms Warrior, with his full toolset, has no reason to use CS at all, and should just spam stuff like Slam or Mortal. Completly defeats the purpose of introducing abilities that will be very important in the late game.

I'd say at least Mastery should be made baseline, from level 1 like other stats so this issue isn't present.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    There are no new players in WoW or very few. The game is way too old for that.
    The game lives of a small, dedicated set of players. Players that are now more willing to buy boosts because leveling was made very, very annoying and slower.

This was not an improvement to the game and it was most likely not intended as such.
    Not necessarily true. I know a few people who have recently tried WoW, with my recommendation or without, and simply bounced back after first couple of minutes. The messed up leveling experiance was the main complaint. Most of the time spent running, turning in quests, fight was a snoozefest since everything dies in 1 hit etc. Stuff I didn't really notice since I got used to it. Again, I only know people who quickly gave up, no one I know started playing WoW in recent years.

WoW still is a famous game, many people want to see what the fuss is all about, they should be given a nice introduction.
    Last edited by Okacz; 2018-01-18 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    When it comes to leveling alone, it's miles better than it was before. Remember, it's a feature for new players and those who want to play a completly different class, not people who make their 5th hunter and want to level it as fast as possible, so the pace is a
    Yes, but it’s a feature that people who want to make their 5th hunter cannot disable.

I don’t have the numbers but I think that today, for every new player there are other 9 players that are re-rolling.

Making 1-110 (soon 120) take way more time than before it’s in no way an improvement, no matter which side you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I love the zone scaling. Mobs not dying in 1-3 gcds is also a good change. Ignore the whiners.
    It's hard, they are numerous and loud. Well, whiners always are, of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Do not assume that others like the same things that you do. The simple fact that so many people are complaining about this means that your absolutist stance is in fact wrong. It might be better in your opinion, but clearly there are many, many people who disagree. In fact the battlenet forums are ablaze with complaints about the scaled leveling and the changes to old content soloing.

And people need to stop deluding themselves into thinking that this change had anything what so ever to do with "new" players. Heirlooms are the reason people outleveled zones, and these rare and elusive new players dont have those. They would have experienced the zones at the pace they were intended to be experienced because those zones were balanced for people without looms.
    The savvy player will have heirlooms before too long. I had a friend start playing in legion and he asked for gold for heirlooms and I said, "Just get mining/Herbalism and sell that on the AH". He had every purchasable heirloom before lvl 20. The heirloom argument is moot when you can sell low level gatherables at legion prices, when the heirloom prices haven't increased since WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Yes, but it’s a feature that people who want to make their 5th hunter cannot disable.

I don’t have the numbers but I think that today, for every new player there are other 9 players that are re-rolling.

Making 1-110 (soon 120) take way more time than before it’s in no way an improvement, no matter which side you look at it.
    Idk, thing is, players got used to it. Leveling in WoW became tedious chore, but the good thing is, it's short, right? It's still not a good part of the game that should get fixed.

And players making tons of alts, myself included, are not the majority. Regular WoW player doesn't cap the same class multiple times, and if you are rerolling once or twice you might still enjoy leveling in locations you missed the previous time.