Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    ya people realize WoW is sponsored by Nvidia? so they raise system requirements from time to time to sell more Geforce. where would nvidia be if wow still ran on a 6800 or whatever shit card they had when it came out, even though it still looks the same with more grass and view distance you gotta buy that gtx1080 for the frames scamaz lel

yea no, i have a 1080 founders and i still get 25-35 fps in raids

I've had a noticable drop, especially with 19-20+ people in the raid but in general its playable (20fps vs 40-50). Others in my raid group are down to 2-5fps. It was better Wed. night than Tues overall but not that much. Some people had some luck with no sound or trying to play in DX9 (lol bye bye many spell effects) but still not really playable.

People with worse specs than me are at 5fps and people with better specs are at 5fps. One theory I see now is from the Autobar addon guys saying it is something to do with changes by blizzard screwing up all addons.

Based on yesterday's observations.

Does not seem correlated to GPU power or architecture: potato's as well as latest gen. GPU machines seem to suffer. If anything the latter even more than the former. This could point to a non-gpu bottleneck/lock. Both nVidia as well as AMD are affected. Same holds for CPU. There is no more or less of a detrimental effect based on clock frequency or cores or brand.

Addons seem not to be involved. People with no (non-Blizzard) addons or different addons suffer just as much.

What does seem involved is the number of players in the group. Anything above 20 seems to make it much worse.

Personal observation: the presence of translucent ground effects or models seems to make it worse, but that could just be because my potato was already struggling more with those.

We had to stop our routine mythic raid yesterday, because mythic high command was unplayable.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

I’ve noticed quite a big FPS drop as well. Quite annoying as I’m the tank!

Argus was always bad, but last night it was less than 1 frame a second on phase 4 so doing tank swaps was easy...

yep its unbelievable

Deleted
    rip raiding

I was getting 4fps on the last phase of Argus Heroic, and we had to skip Coven for the sake of time. Usually we blitz this is under two hours.

I updated all addons. No change. I disabled all addons except Bartender and Arkinventory. No change. 15-20 fps was the best I saw during combat.

If you've not got a problem, your CPU is probably powerful enough that you don't notice it. Those of us on lower power kit are getting huge FPS drops.

my usual checklist:

1. did wow change any graphics settings? (very rarely to be the case, but easy to check)
    2. does wow use my nvidia gpu or has it switched to the intel onboard? (happened 3 times since legion prepatch)
    3. wow repair tool (never helps but always downloads like 5mb?)
    4. addons (haven't had problems with that since before mop)
    Last edited by WurstKaeseSzenario; 2018-01-18 at 10:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Still no blue answer and no fix found by players (the sound one does not work 100% and well its would be a workaround).

Embarassing.
    they already said they workin on it on twitter
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I did the world bosses and dropped from 50 to 9fps...that hasn't happened ever on my computer.

Intel i7-7700 2.80Ghz, Samsung EVO m2 drive, 16GB Ram, 1060 GeForce 6GB memory...

It isn't addons....

With the timing of this, I'm beginning to wonder if it might be coming from a Meltdown/Spectre fix. Those seem to be randomly whacking computer performance all over the place.

My bet is that it's related to the backpack slots they've been reluctant to add for over a decade. Now Blizzard have put up a maintenance (EU)... On Saturday morning.

My guess? They're not going to disable those bagslots and piss off the majority, but they're instead going to just piss off raiders & leave things as they are until Saturday morning at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    You wanted the vanilla experience...
    But this is "Retail" version not "Vanilla" or "Classic".
    I haven´t started a new alt to test the level scaling technologie in the old world but I expected that the current content works as intended and not with those problems

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    You wanted the vanilla experience...
    You could run 40m raids without much performance hit back into Vanilla.

Try this in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    My bet is that it's related to the backpack slots they've been reluctant to add for over a decade. Now Blizzard have put up a maintenance (EU)... On Saturday morning.

My guess? They're not going to disable those bagslots and piss off the majority, but they're instead going to just piss off raiders & leave things as they are until Saturday morning at the earliest.
    Well they have always said that the 16 slots are hard coded into the very old coding, and very hard to alter without screwing up stuff. But arm chair developers kept bitching and bitching, and...well here we are.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Blizzard probably implemented their Meltdown/Spectre patching and borked up the instance servers which can be overloaded at the best of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Blizzard probably implemented their Meltdown/Spectre patching and borked up the instance servers which can be overloaded at the best of times.
    Wouldn't lead to FPS drops client side. It's something in the game client.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    putting the texture down from x16 to x 4 is the only thing that's helped me.
    the recommended settings were 7. And before the patch everything was fine
    throne was a farce had fps of 5-7 for the 1st time. When I did it a 2nd time on an alt
    that raised to 35 using the x4

Deleted
    This happens in HUBS aswell, after about 30-40 mins of playtime, my FPS dips to single digits in capital cities. Takes about 20 seconds to open auction houses and to log off in sanctuaries.