Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    Everyone knows how sub numbers were doing and by extension know that they aren't going to reaching their peak again, no one needs any evidence for this whatsoever, it's called common sense.
    The reason they stopped reported them is because it became a negative thing that people could see how fewer and fewer subs were being retained.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes yes, I am aware of your mental gymnastics here where you assume that the trends during the expansion that once and for all killed the "worst expansion"-discussion weren't turned around by the release of a new expansion which has received critical acclaim all over and amazing word-of-mouth by people playing it.

Your "common sense" is not sensible at all, it's highly biased towards a wish to believe that this game is performing badly. EVERY metric used however, shows that it's doing extremely well. Thinking that sub numbers somehow kept shrinking whilst profits and MAUsA and sales kept rising is just plain stupidity, not "common sense".

Classic has no more and no less potential players to draw from than any other iteration, wishful thinking doesn't factor into it.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-01-18 at 03:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    You did show or prove nothing btw.
    Well yeah I did. I showed that there is a large group of people willing to give WoW a chance every time an expansion comes out, who then unsub because they are unsatisfied with the current product. For some reason people want to pretend that this group isn't interested in Classic and that Classic is just for the 1 million private server players (Notice how I gave an unbiased ballpark figure, again. Not discounting banned/multiple accounts.)

It's a thread title, get over it.
    Your assertion is still incorrect regardless of where you said it. You're wrong, I called you out, you got defensive as hell rather than correct. You get over it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Yes yes, I am aware of your mental gymnastics here where you assume that the trends during the expansion that once and for all killed the "worst expansion"-discussion weren't turned around by the release of a new expansion which has received critical acclaim all over and amazing word-of-mouth by people playing it.

Your "common sense" is not sensible at all, it's highly biased towards a wish to believe that this game is performing badly. EVERY metric used however, shows that it's doing extremely well. Thinking that sub numbers somehow kept shrinking whilst profits and MAUsA and sales kept rising is just plain stupidity, not "common sense".
    It's reality sub numbers now are lower than they were during Vanilla, TBC and Wrath, I know it hurts you baby. Other people can accept it though. and I'm sure the damn MAUSA figures you keep quoting would be alot higher with Vanilla, TBC and Wrath sub numbers. You are the only one on this forum who would try to argue that black is white, it's laughable and I won't be responding to your sub number comments anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Your assertion is still incorrect regardless of where you said it. You're wrong, I called you out, you got defensive as hell rather than correct. You get over it.
    I'm over it. You just came into a thread to be a fascist and not contribute to the discussion, you achieved your goal. Well done.

It's reality sub numbers now are lower than they were during Vanilla, TBC and Wrath, I know it hurts you baby. Other people can accept it though. and I'm sure the damn MAUSA figures you keep quoting would be alot higher with Vanilla, TBC and Wrath sub numbers. You are the only one on this forum who would try to argue that black is white, it's laughable and I won't be responding to your sub number comments anymore.
    It's not a reality, it's your wishful thinking. Just like every other post that you make where you're supposedly stating "facts".

- - - Updated - - -

I'm over it. You just came into a thread to be a fascist and not contribute to the discussion, you achieved your goal. Well done.
    Someone is going to get his dream shattered when Classic will be released. Huge peak of interest (maybe) at start, then huge fall into the abyss. People have moved on since Vanilla. They do not need time sink as a hobby as Vanilla or even TBC was. Whatever you say, they are looking to some challenge which is right there in Legion and next Bfa.

What everyone needs to realise is this is not an explanation for the subscriber drop. In a successful game the leaving players are replaced by new ones.
    Yeah, so that 100 million number you're flagging in this post is absolutely worthless. Because a lot of those have been replaced by new players. The peak was at what, 12 million in WotLK? That is 88 million less than your 100 millions of players.

So I am still struggeling with understanding what you're trying to get at with your original post. Because that 100 million number isn't worth anything. There will NEVER be anything close to 100 millions that are interested in Classic. Just even thinking that for a second is delusional.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

You aren't talking about the 1 million private server accounts, you aren't talking about the 8 million figure when Vanilla was at it's peak. You're talking about Classic being an opportunity to draw from the 100 million odd WoW accounts that have been created.

Some will correctly argue that people have moved on. Not all. This is evidenced by the spike in sub numbers to 10-12 million that happens every single expansion.

These people want to play WoW and every expansion give Blizzard a chance to deliver, quitting months later when the game isn't as they remembered/what they expected. The spike in sub numbers could actually represent a larger group of players. Players who have bought an expansion and weren't satisfied due to game direction are less likely to do so again. This doesn't mean they couldn't be retained with a change in game direction.

This actually gives Classic a larger playerbase to draw from the BFA due to the alienation of this playerbase caused by the current product.
    I'd rather point out the fact that ~95 million people (estimate) QUIT the game rather than choose to play it. Take that for what you will if you think people will play classic or not

Yes because fact checking = fascism these days The thread title drives the entire topic of conversation. When it's as absurdly inaccurate as this, you were literally begging to be corrected. And you're clearly still not over it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Yeah, so that 100 million number you're flagging in this post is absolutely worthless. Because a lot of those have been replaced by new players. The peak was at what, 12 million in WotLK? That is 88 million less than your 100 millions of players.

So I am still struggeling with understanding what you're trying to get at with your original post. Because that 100 million number isn't worth anything. There will NEVER be anything close to 100 millions that are interested in Classic. Just even thinking that for a second is delusional.
    It's a thread title, the figure was deliberately untrimmed because I know people like you would come in and post about multiple accounts and people moving on anyway, generating discussion.

You aren't talking about the 1 million private server accounts, you aren't talking about the 8 million figure when Vanilla was at it's peak. You're talking about Classic being an opportunity to draw from the 100 million odd WoW accounts that have been created.

Some will correctly argue that people have moved on. Not all. This is evidenced by the spike in sub numbers to 10-12 million that happens every single expansion.

These people want to play WoW and every expansion give Blizzard a chance to deliver, quitting months later when the game isn't as they remembered/what they expected. The spike in sub numbers could actually represent a larger group of players. Players who have bought an expansion and weren't satisfied due to game direction are less likely to do so again. This doesn't mean they couldn't be retained with a change in game direction.

This actually gives Classic a larger playerbase to draw from the BFA due to the alienation of this playerbase caused by the current product.
    That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Deleted
    Yes because fact checking = fascism these days The thread title drives the entire topic of conversation. When it's as absurdly inaccurate as this, you were literally begging to be corrected. And you're clearly still not over it.
    As I said, I'm over it. The aim of the thread was to generate discussion and to spread a message (not the one in the title), I know some people like you get very upset over things like this so I'll leave you to it.

The delusion is strong in here.

Shit posts getting worse by the day, both from people for and against Classic\Vanilla\WTV.

People just seem to like stirring shit, bless you all.

I'm an avid fan of vanilla, one of the so called 'purists', but this sort of threads is just getting more ridiculous every passing day. Give it a rest.

As I said, I'm over it. The aim of the thread was to generate discussion and to spread a message (not the one in the title), I know some people like you get very upset over things like this so I'll leave you to it.
    You've done a great job of inspiring such healthy discussion from what I can see so far. Keep it up!

No, it does not.
    After the first rush of players, mostly made up of the same players that play retail right now you're probably looking at a few thousand dedicated players at most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    It's not a reality, it's your wishful thinking. Just like every other post that you make where you're supposedly stating "facts".
    Even if you're in denial mate, you won't convince anyone else to live in denial with you.

An account not being created during Vanilla does not mean that the owner wouldn't be interested in playing Classic servers.

- - - Updated - - -

The new players didn't stick around because they didn't like the product. With Classic this may be different.
    nope, the only difference beetwen vanilla and now is that before there was an incredible turn around of new people.
    with cata MMORPG become a niche genre and so the number start to reduce.
    realistically people that will stick on classic servers are very few

Deleted
    You've done a great job of inspiring such healthy discussion from what I can see so far. Keep it up!
    Thanks bro, feel free to read the OP and contribute your opinions on it.

Even if you're in denial mate, you won't convince anyone else to live in denial with you.
    Projecting hard as fuck, are ya?

Makes sense I suppose. I'm backed up by quarterly reports, you're backed up by less than nothing and your own wishful thinking. Have fun with it, and welcome to my ignore list.